What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Wallace be dumped?

Should Wallace be given his marching orders?

• Yes

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I've seen plenty of people suggest this in different sections of the forum, so I thought I would ultimately ask the question; should Peter Wallace be given his marching orders after 3-4 very poor performances in a row as Halfback?

I am going to say yes. He's had plenty of time to prove himself this season. He's been average a lot more often then good these past 20 rounds. Give Ben Hunt a run.

hellteam

First Grade
Put Wallace on the bench.

And put Beale at fullback . Our attack is disgraceful at the moment

Pig Mouth

Juniors
Yes that NSWanker Wallace needs to be excluded from the Broncos team and sent back to the shithole state where he came from.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
It's strange this thread has popped up now as Wallace has always been particularly average and Norman has gone to shit for quite some time now.

I guess when we're winning games people turned a blind eye. I've noticed our attack hasn't been up to scratch for a while. So tonights game wasn't really surprising to me.

Yeah yeah it's ok to say, "yeah, let's get rid of him", but what are our other options? The only one I can think of is a direct switch of Hunt and Wallace, where Wallace becomes the back-up hooker. But if you demote Wallace, why does Norman escape punishment? You could certainly argue that he is not as experienced as Wallace, and I would agree with that. The other option would be to bring in Baptiste to back up hooker and let Wallace play QLD cup.

At the end of the day, I hate to say this guys, but this is actually Griffin's responsibility. He was the one who said we could cover Darren from within, so the way our halves perform is a reflection of his decision.

I'm not sure, is it too late to change what hapens if we drop Walace or Norman and the next combination fails, do we change again we are now 6 weeks away from finals would it be wise to drop 1 of them or do we just ride it out til next year?

hellteam

First Grade
Well one things for sure. We won't win the comp or go anywhere near the gf with out current line up

Leagueaddict

Juniors
I'm all for new blood but if Wallace goes so does Norman. After last night I've written us off for the top 4 and just want to see some potential and a bit of inventive spark out there with our halves to build on for the rest of the year and into the new one.

Throw something new at the opposition FFS instead of all this predictable dribble!

IBA

Juniors
Norman goes before Wallace. Wallace has been substantially better than him all year.

Hunt is far from a miracle replacement. Have seen very, very little in his kicking game that I like. I do love his ability to get into space though.

AceAv

Juniors
I wish we made a play for cherry tomatoes.. I am a Norman fan still. This guy is doing his first run at the big league and confidence seems to play a huge part.

Wallace was really just a lockyer relief and never showed signs of a brilliant half back.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm willing to give Wallace more time.

I'm convinced it's Hooks gameplans that are our main problem right now. Alright for the first half of the season but he needs to loosen the shackles a bit and allow the boys to play some free flowing football either side of the ruck.

Sick of seeing halves stick to one side, would like to see them shift to other sides of the field like they did in the final minute in the Titans game.

Big Pete

Referee
And I'm not talking major reshuffling either. I'm fine with most of our game (few nit-picks but mostly good) however we really need to work on set-plays inside the line. Really sick of seeing Norman skip into the defensive line and watching Wallace dummy to no one and take a slow dominant tackle.

It's not entirely the halves problems either. The amount of times I've seen them double pump it to a dis-interested forward is certainly climbing.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
And I'm not talking major reshuffling either. I'm fine with most of our game (few nit-picks but mostly good) however we really need to work on set-plays inside the line. Really sick of seeing Norman skip into the defensive line and watching Wallace dummy to no one and take a slow dominant tackle.

It's not entirely the halves problems either. The amount of times I've seen them double pump it to a dis-interested forward is certainly climbing.

Yeah I think we need more bodies in motion in general. See Eels first try against Melbourne in first 10 mins. If the Eels can do it, surely we can too. Also see Warriors tries against us. There were no flashy Benji or Thursty off-the-cuff plays. Just nice structure with bodies in motion, and then play makers hitting the right guys.

I don't understand exactly what we do at training.

Although I do think our forwards are losing confidence in our play makers choosing right options (poor Glenn).

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
I voted yes, but I do not think it will happen.

I think he should be rested, if that is what they want to call it.

If Hoffman continues his bad form too, I'd like to see Beale there, or even give Norman a go back there - he likes to run the ball, and he can do that more often from FB.

Beale is our best back at the moment, and he is leaving next year. Scary thought. We'd better give Whitchurch a run this week.

Latest posts