What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sidhe New Game - Rugby Challenge

natheel

Coach
i beat south africa (normal difficulty) in my first career game of tri nations 44 - 13 after a halftime deficit South Africa 13 - 5..

Thomas

First Grade
I've probably had to turn off my PS3 and turn it back on again about 3 times so far due to the game freezing. This isn't a good sign...

natheel

Coach
on to my first season game as auckland in the ITM cup
i transfered

Will Genia
Matt Giteau
Digby Ioane
Adam Ashley Cooper
Benn Alexander

all into my squad :)

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I'm playing a super 15 league.

I'm sitting in 2nd in my pool, the bloody reds are killing everyone. Surprise team has been the blues, they killed me 27-0 And remain underfeated after 13 weeks.

Big difference playing the likes of the crusaders compared to the rebels.

I'm really enjoying the game.

natheel

Coach
before each competition so before first round of super rugby or what ever ur playing itll have a drafting screen (says drafting up top when u pick ur squads) go to the player u dont want and press square (change player) itll then come up with a list of available players.

its becoming clear that if u play in say the itm (nz) cup and play as south africa or aus etc internationally u can draft those players into ur side.

its not a transfer system, between clubs in this game, which sucks but there is so much good about the game that this doesnt bother me.

hope this clears it up for ya rob

jargan83

Coach
Picked this up this arvo

Tried a World Cup (Championship) on Hard and lost to Scotland, narrowly beat Samoa, and lost to Sth Africa in the quarter final

Went back to normal and am playing a Super 15 as the Western Force. Lost to Qld, got spanked by the Blues, beat the saffer sides

So far so good, enjoyable to play

Walt Flanigan

Referee
i really like this game. i like that it offloads alot. u got to find ways to shut down the attack that way. but u can change the offloads in the team sliders apparently.

Agree. The offloading hasn't bothered me at all........probably because I expect it from playing the Rugby League games.

Plus it's a good feeling when you read one of the offloads and smash the receiver just as he gets the ball.

Loving the heavy tackling and that you can contribute to a tackle even though another player is already dealing with the attacker.

A good effort from Sidhe.

Once I sort out customising the unlicensed teams it will be even better.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Cheers mate, dont know how i missed that.

Does anyone else come up with a crazy amount of knock ons or am i just throwing at around too much?

I knock on mainly when I pick and drive or go one off the ruck.

Doesn't happen too often though.

natheel

Coach
I knock on mainly when I pick and drive or go one off the ruck.

Doesn't happen too often though.

I seem to knock when I'm getting a good play going and pass to a flanker or a prop in the sequence to pass it off quickly and they kinda fumble it on. Kinda keeps it realistic

Liddell

Juniors
The knock-ons are pretty rare now. I was trying too many long passes to the flanker.

I think they made NZ way too strong in the ruck.

After a few days, 7 out of 10.

The offloads shit me to tears, particularly playing NZ who play hot potato and always score that way.

Do you have to hold LB and RB to get the ball to a play maker because I just can't get my kicks away either it goes to a forward or I just get swamped from taking too long getting it to a kicker. Sometimes that works other times it doesn't.

Fun game, plays a bit like league though more than a Union game save for the rucking.

natheel

Coach
yeah nz shits me alot! just lost to them 21 - 5. kept them scoreless in the second half though.

i love passing a massive cut out to the winger to run down the line :)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Having fun with the game and all the competitions.....

But the "career" mode is a poor effort.

I was expecting a RL2 & 3 style system but not even close.

DB

First Grade
Really enjoying it, though didn't know it was a a feature till around the 10th game I played, and I had a video ref decision, then ended up having 4 or 5 in the one game.

Latest posts