What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sidhe New Game - Rugby Challenge

natheel

Coach
my progress:

Difficulty: Hard
Teams: Taranaki and Australia

Australia - Won 3 lost 2
Taranaki - Won 4 lost 0

milla

Juniors
Hey guys. I'm glad you're getting into it. We've been hard at work on a fairly comprehensive patch, addressing the serious bugs and some of the broader issues raised by gamers. I'll let you know once that's available, but don't have an ETA right now.

Thomas

First Grade
Have you got a patch that will stop me from being comprehensively flogged by giggling 11 year old kids who can score from anywhere on the pitch?

Thanks.

Thomas

First Grade
The passing is fine. I can get some good backline moves going on.

The ridiculous offloading is...well...ridiculous.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think it's a good game overall. Just little bugs annoy me.

Was playing as the Brumbies against the Crusaders in the Super 15 final last night. I was winning 15 - 10 with a couple of seconds left when I got a lineout deep in my own half.

I think that all I have to do to win the comp is tip it back to my halfback and put the ball out.

I won the line out, but when I tipped it back.........no halfback to be seen.

So the ball goes into my in-goal area and a Crusader dives on it and scores. Carter converts and they win the Final.

Very annoying.

Similar thing happened to me except from the ruck after the lineout the ball that was passed cannoned in to the posts to go dead, scrum and NZ do this bullshit instant scrum win and score the winning try.

Passing is so shit, offloading makes playing AI impossble.

Only fun
playing against friends

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
played two quick games so far. just wanted a quick test while dinner was on, so i did nz vs spain and nz vs russia.

immensely playable so far. scored most of my points off forward passes.

Blaze

Juniors
Scrums do my head in so I took off knock ons and forward passes which has provided me with a more enjoyable experience

Game is a good effort. Certainly a step up from the rugby league series. 7/10 imo. I find the defence a bit hit and miss though... The attackers can be quite difficult to line up and can run straight through you if you don't press the tackle button at the right moment. I think this could be tweaked somewhat so that it is easier to 'lock in' on your target, and it would be nice if gang tackles were properly implemented to lock up the ball carrier and prevent a few of those ridiculous offloads

I also don't like the way I cannot tackle the opponent in the in goal area when they are just about to score a try. Diving to score tries from outside of the in goal area could also be implemented better, especially when you are attempting to score a try in the corner

None of the camera angles provided really do it for me either

Still the attacking side of things can be pretty spectacular and I like the kicking system other than the chip kick. I think the chip kick should be a much shallower kick that could be used to beat an opponent one on one or could be used to drop inbetween the defensive line and the fullback. As it stands the current chip kick is too long IMO

Thomas

First Grade
Scrums do my head in so I took off knock ons and forward passes which has provided me with a more enjoyable experience

I was like that but now I can hold my own in the scrums and sometimes win a loose head.

Game is a good effort. Certainly a step up from the rugby league series. 7/10 imo. I find the defence a bit hit and miss though... The attackers can be quite difficult to line up and can run straight through you if you don't press the tackle button at the right moment. I think this could be tweaked somewhat so that it is easier to 'lock in' on your target, and it would be nice if gang tackles were properly implemented to lock up the ball carrier and prevent a few of those ridiculous offloads

Tell me about it! Last night, while playing online, I reckon the opposition centre wriggled his way through about 6 gang tackles. If he didn't make it through, he offloaded.

I also don't like the way I cannot tackle the opponent in the in goal area when they are just about to score a try. Diving to score tries from outside of the in goal area could also be implemented better, especially when you are attempting to score a try in the corner

I initially thought that but then held a guy up in goal last night. Of course, he then pushed over from the scrum and scored but at least it can be done.

What is really irking me are the rage quitters. I've never played a sports game online so this is a new thing for me. I'm also quite terrible at this game and as of last night, had no wins from 7 games. Then I played some douche who was leading up until I ran in a length of the field try for my maiden win. He quit 3 seconds before the final whistle. Looking at the Sidhe forums, he is a serial quitter who doesn't want to ruin his ranking. I've heard of other stories about people rage quitting because they were playing as the All Blacks and got beaten by Japan and didn't think that was right.

Of course, these people don't know that the online stats are normalised which means Japan are exactly the same as the AB's. I got my first win last night against a guy playing as the Crusaders. I was Namibia. Go Namibia!!! :p

nöyd

Staff member
Picked it up yesterday, solid game, as has been said it certainly is a step up from the league titles. Passing is fine imo, nothing like drawing the fullback and sending Drew Mitchell flying down the sideline to score.

Played a World Cup on hard, breezed through the group stages only to be knocked out in the quarters by the Pumas. Will have another crack this afternoon, can't wait.

Blaze

Juniors
The scrums are pretty stupid. Not enjoyable at all imo and highly unrealistic

I also don't like the stop start nature of proceedings when there is a handling error that often occurs for no apparant reason.. there doesn't really seem to be a lot of user error involved in determining whether a knock on occurs or not most of the time so I am happy to turn knock ons off

and yeah.. the line outs suck. Would turn them off as well if it was possible. Wouldn't be so bad if you could form a maul when you catch the ball

nöyd

Staff member
Damnit just got done in the World Cup final by the Kiwis, was down 10-0 at halftime but thanks to a 100 metre effort by Genia I pulled it back to 10-7 only to lose a crucial lineout close to my own line and the rest is history, 17-7 final score.

I haven't really looked at any customisation yet, what is pissing me off the most is the little cutscenes for every single thing, injuries even have 2 cutscenes! Annoying!! Hopefully they can be turned off.

natheel

Coach
yeah scrums r easy

lineouts shit me

kicking goals is getting easier

im in the gf against Waikato at the moment in the itm cup im ahead 19 - 17 with 10 to go. bloody good game

i won the world cup 33 - 19 over New zealand but got hammered in the quad nations :(

Latest posts