What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siebs Must Go.

41yearsaint

Juniors
I thought Pilot was taking the piss on the Dragons forum on how good Mary is.
He is deadly serious.
Hopefully the Souths board can see the light and take him off our hands.

Pommy

Coach
Looks like he might get his wish Cleary to Penrith, Bennet to Tigers, Siebs to Broncos, Rabbitohs with some work experience kid. Fantastic.

Pilot house

Juniors
He has the opportunity to be the next Wayne Bennett and harness the might of an entire city.

He will get paid more, his mates are up there. Plenty of social Anchorage.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It’s his job.

I think all coaches are trying to build their squads in many different ways.

I think nobody expected us to play so well and he did an awesome job.

The twist is, the success makes him more valuable to us and broncs etc and he has more bargaining power and whoever wants him will have to pay overs.

We were trying to extend him ages ago, but he backed himself that the players would succeed and so it came to pass.

He took a massive punt on himself and he won.

It would be easier and less trouble for us if he hadn’t done so well, but of course, we might not be interested in him then.

He’s going to be kind to us or not. So far he’s not being as true to Souths as we would like.

Cold hard fact I’m afraid. And we support Souths not seibs, I hope he’s sure about this.

He’s looking after himself. That’s his priority but I bet if he signs with broncs, he will use others as excuses.

We all want seibs (even me) but I’m not willing to sell my soul to the devil to get him.

I’d rather see Madge back then for this club to be on its knees before any single individual. It’s not the Souths way.

Of course it’s his job to build towards success but it doesn’t mean he’s gonna be able to replicate that in other areas. Souths have given him the building blocks to mold the team he wants.

I don’t recall seeing anything about Souths begging for him to stay either. We were the team that gave him his first coaching opportunity when he was a nobody.

I think it’s a bit irrational to start getting pissed off when players and coaches won’t sign on straight away, because it would be stupid of them not to explore their options. I’d rather Seibold be certain he wants to stay here, than break his contract halfway through a season.

callmack1

Staff member
Of course it’s his job to build towards success but it doesn’t mean he’s gonna be able to replicate that in other areas. Souths have given him the building blocks to mold the team he wants.

I don’t recall seeing anything about Souths begging for him to stay either. We were the team that gave him his first coaching opportunity when he was a nobody.

I think it’s a bit irrational to start getting pissed off when players and coaches won’t sign on straight away, because it would be stupid of them not to explore their options. I’d rather Seibold be certain he wants to stay here, than break his contract halfway through a season.
Couldn't agree more mate, great post!

ThingFish

Juniors
If seibs was fair dinkum about us giving him a chance, he would have shown the gratitude and signed up by now.

Reports had us approaching him as early as April to extend but he wouldn’t commit and it’s been a waiting game since.

It would be stupid of us to wait too long, why should we suffer while he extracts as much juice from the lemon as possible.

Another factor to take into account is that our roster is slipping into negative territory in the next few years. We have just lost fui today, Sutton is in doubt and the cap problems are just starting to emerge.

Seibs needs to get on board Fast or head north, time is ticking.

And if he has to go, don’t worry, Richo will look after us.
1: Why should we suffer? Because he’s still contracted for 2019. You can’t sack a guy because he hasn’t extended a contract we are obligated to. We can’t afford to pay Seibs out plus pay another coach.

2: With the sh!t show our club is off the field at the moment you can’t blame the man for waiting. He would want you be sure he’s still got a committed side before he even thinks about committing himself. I think we’ll have to wait till after preseason to see if he extends, infact he doesn’t need to make a decision until October next year, and there isn’t a single thing Richo can do about that. If he actually signs with another club for 2020, then sure. But we can’t pull the trigger until he does that, in fact we can’t even load the gun until he does that, because why would he extend a contract with a club holding a gun to his head.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I am sure the contract provides for a sacking as we did Madge.

We can afford to pay him out because he’s on coaching beer money. Besides the broncs can pay us out and sack Bennett ....as they want to.

We should be ramping up as much pressure as we can on him so we can bloody well plan.

Public deadline ought to help.

Let’s have no more of this seibs is a demi god nonsense.

He’s not with the program, he’s not on the bus, I’m over it.

This is Souths people, being the coach of Souths is one of the highest honours in Rugby League. It’s one of best jobs on the planet.

He wants to dance and flutter his eyelashes at the Broncos then he can marry them.

There will no waking up in the morning, rolling over and seibs has disappeared.
I must say if Seibs knows he’s going to Brisbane I don’t want him with us for next season. It he’s gonna go he may as well go now! No use wasting 12months if he won’t be with us after this.

If he knows what’s he’s doing and holds right off then imo that’d be looking after himself and not having the best interest of what’s best for us.

I think the playing group would wanna know what’s happening too.

Pilot I agree our cap is a mess and if Sutto can’t go around again as we don’t have the cash I’ll be livid. Sam isn’t worth 1.1 mil imo he’s worth 900k.

It’s easy to see why our cap is stuffed:

AJ (paying him inbetween a winger and fullback money)
Jennings (upgrade)
GI and Gagai take up over 1.5mil
Cody and AR
The three Burgi estimating around 2.5 mil of the cap.

Cookie needs a massive upgrade too as does Murray and you can see why things are the way they are.... plus we had to pay a bit to keep Douiehi...

I’m confident with the Allen’s signings but not the rest.... the losses of Crichton, Clark and Fui outweigh who we have coming in Dillon and Sironen... I’m not convinced at all by these two but am hopeful....

At this rate pretty much half our squad will be of players on the minimum wage we’ve got some quality youngsters though and must rebuild again.....

We missed a golden chance this year.

ThingFish

Juniors
I am sure the contract provides for a sacking as we did Madge.

We can afford to pay him out because he’s on coaching beer money. Besides the broncs can pay us out and sack Bennett ....as they want to.

We should be ramping up as much pressure as we can on him so we can bloody well plan.

Public deadline ought to help.

Let’s have no more of this seibs is a demi god nonsense.

He’s not with the program, he’s not on the bus, I’m over it.

This is Souths people, being the coach of Souths is one of the highest honours in Rugby League. It’s one of best jobs on the planet.

He wants to dance and flutter his eyelashes at the Broncos then he can marry them.

There will no waking up in the morning, rolling over and seibs has disappeared.
I’d add a point 3: Why should we even offer him an extension right now? Maybe we should the ones waiting for him to show US he can improve. Coach of the year is good and all and it was largely based on first 20rds. But the last 5rds and finals showed Seibs couldn’t counteract the slowing down of the play the ball, he had no plan B. Also his use of the bench was atrocious, and I believe led to our forwards being so busted some of them are having off season surgery. I think WE should be the ones waiting.

But if he actually signs with another club, well then this thread actually makes some sense.

ThingFish

Juniors
I must say if Seibs knows he’s going to Brisbane I don’t want him with us for next season. It he’s gonna go he may as well go now! No use wasting 12months if he won’t be with us after this.

If he knows what’s he’s doing and holds right off then imo that’d be looking after himself and not having the best interest of what’s best for us.

I think the playing group would wanna know what’s happening too.

Pilot I agree our cap is a mess and if Sutto can’t go around again as we don’t have the cash I’ll be livid. Sam isn’t worth 1.1 mil imo he’s worth 900k.

It’s easy to see why our cap is stuffed:

AJ (paying him inbetween a winger and fullback money)
Jennings (upgrade)
GI and Gagai take up over 1.5mil
Cody and AR
The three Burgi estimating around 2.5 mil of the cap.

Cookie needs a massive upgrade too as does Murray and you can see why things are the way they are.... plus we had to pay a bit to keep Douiehi...

I’m confident with the Allen’s signings but not the rest.... the losses of Crichton, Clark and Fui outweigh who we have coming in Dillon and Sironen... I’m not convinced at all by these two but am hopeful....

At this rate pretty much half our squad will be of players on the minimum wage we’ve got some quality youngsters though and must rebuild again.....

We missed a golden chance this year.
100% R20 we missed a window, and I kinda blame Seibs for that. Beginning of the season I was looking at this season as like the first of 2 or 3 rebuilding seasons. It went WAY above my expectations. Now my expectations are probably way higher than the reality of the situation. I think our next window will be 2020-2022. So sometime over the off season I have to lower my expectation back to rebuild, and the club at the moment is making that job REAL easy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’d add a point 3: Why should we even offer him an extension right now? Maybe we should the ones waiting for him to show US he can improve. Coach of the year is good and all and it was largely based on first 20rds. But the last 5rds and finals showed Seibs couldn’t counteract the slowing down of the play the ball, he had no plan B. Also his use of the bench was atrocious, and I believe led to our forwards being so busted some of them are having off season surgery. I think WE should be the ones waiting.

But if he actually signs with another club, well then this thread actually makes some sense.
I’ve a stat for you.

In our last 10 games we went 4 and 6.

Lambretta

First Grade
Looks like he might get his wish Cleary to Penrith, Bennet to Tigers, Siebs to Broncos, Rabbitohs with some work experience kid. Fantastic.

Personally, I think you're a good chance of retaining Siebold
If you don't then look to bring Simon Woolford into the Souths family for the 2020 season

Latest posts