What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

SBD82

Coach
Even if he wins a GF at say the Rorters surely its a hollow victory. We all know and he knows that a victory would be much sweeter if he does so in a red V. Gal is the perfect example, I hate the gummies but they went through hell, much worse than us but he stuck around and eventually got that prized trophy. I can guarantee that victory would be sweeter than say Brett Morris's second GF at the Rorters last year.
Time will tell how much he wants to stay with the Club or not.
Gallen, like him or not, stayed for less with the Sharks, as did one club players for us like Hornby, Creagh and Flo.

I hope he stays, but Im not fussed if he moves on.
One thing I will say for Friz, if he was to win a title with us in his remaining years, he wouldn’t be a passenger like Gallen was for the sharks in their GF win.

possm

Coach
Depends - I never find winning to be boring...
In 2021 maybe Graham and K Sims will move on. So our props will be Vaughan, Merrin, Lawrie, Kerr and Blacker. Plenty of depth there.

If we can keep De Belin and Frizell plus T Sims, Ford, Host and Fuimaono we have enough depth there in the backrow.

It looks like we will have Norman, Hunt, Sailor, Clune and Sulivan to call on in the halves.

Centres are our problem so lets see how Lomax goes at fullback and how Williame goes in the centres this year. There are also a few young junior centres coming through that might just step up for 2021. I'd say goodbye to Aitken, Lafai, Ravalowa and Pereira which should give us enough coin to buy a good centre to partner Williame or Lamax.

I feel very confident that Ramsey and Saab will be our wingers in 2021. Again there are also a few young wingers sho may step up in 2021.

At this tage I feel the only two contenders for fullback are Lomax (who will get first crack) and Ramsey who really impressed in the 9s last weekend. I'd say that Dufty is bound for CC when he recovers from injury.

I have a feeling that our 2021 squad will be stacked with juniors with pride in the Big Red V. If by some chance we can keep Flanagan and Shephard for 2021 and beyond, SGI might be back in the hunt for a premiership for seasons 2021 and behond. It is very important that in 2020 we select those juniors that are ready for first grade in an effort to give them as much first grade experience for 2021 and beyond.

Wittenberg

Juniors
His style was pretty much like Mary’s but dirtier. More niggling, cheating, stomping on fingers. Along with peptides and salary cap rorting. Not my cup of tea.
Agree! I so desperately want to see the back of Mary so that our Club can stop its bleeding and spiral downwards but I am not too keen in seeing us grab the creator of the Cronulla grub culture.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
All good and valid points and TBH Flanno isn't exactly a coach with an exciting game plan is he?
Lot's in here hoping Flanno gets the reins but why the f**k do we want to watch a side that plays like the Sharks team that he coached?
If Frizz wants to explore the chance to see how really good he can be well he has 2-3 years max to do that and it won't happen if he is in the Big Red V.

Nothing boring about watching your team win.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
THB I want to see us play free flowing football that brings the crowd to its feet.
Not overly interested in watching shit boring, grinding, wrestling, holding down, low scoring footy.

The Bennett years had us grinding out games. Taking 2 points instead of taking the tap etc. we were always putting up a fight in games. I'd happily pay to watch that type of footy again.

Old Timer

Coach
The Bennett years had us grinding out games. Taking 2 points instead of taking the tap etc. we were always putting up a fight in games. I'd happily pay to watch that type of footy again.
Whilst that is true to an extent we had B Moz and Soward lighting up the field, Ben Creagh making huge busts on the edge and of course Gaz so none of that was grinding or boring to watch it was poetry.
Flanno's Sharks showed very little if any of that.

Old Timer

Coach
The question people need to ask themselves is will that grinding type of football win a comp in 2020 and tbh I don’t think it will
If you don’t have something / someone dynamic you will be amongst the “almost or could have been” teams which is the catch cry of our current coach and Flanno hasn’t demonstrated to me that he is a great attacking coach.
If you can’t score runaway length of the field tries and if you can’t execute classy attacking raids then comps will be very few and far between

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The question people need to ask themselves is will that grinding type of football win a comp in 2020 and tbh I don’t think it will
If you don’t have something / someone dynamic you will be amongst the “almost or could have been” teams which is the catch cry of our current coach and Flanno hasn’t demonstrated to me that he is a great attacking coach.
If you can’t score runaway length of the field tries and if you can’t execute classy attacking raids then comps will be very few and far between
It’s Ben Hunt’s fault, isn’t it?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Whilst that is true to an extent we had B Moz and Soward lighting up the field, Ben Creagh making huge busts on the edge and of course Gaz so none of that was grinding or boring to watch it was poetry.
Flanno's Sharks showed very little if any of that.
Our style of play under Bennett was very boring. Bennett vowed never to coach "Wazzaball"(named after Warren Ryan's Canterbury teams that won premierships), but he coached us to play "Wazzaball". The reason our attack was so lame was because of our halves, especially Soward, who was too afraid to go to the line and commit defenders. Our left side was our strong point and that was Hornby's side. I liked winning, but wasn't happy with our style of play under Bennett.

blaza88z

Coach
If Frizell ended up in Newcastle that'd be hard to cop for most Dragon's fans I reckon, not trying to have a go at Newcastle but they're no closer to winning the comp than the Dragons are and yes, I know my club is shit too.