What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

BLM01

First Grade
I'm not saying he is a crap player, just not worth the money when there are several younger guys in the squad who can do the job for less. Host and Ford are quite capable.
I diasgree with the last part of your post as a comparison. I am not sold on Host as a 1st grader. Ford I will watch and comment act then. It shows opinions vary. I dont believe rugby league players any of them are worth the money and it is over iinfated at the top. But that is the market.

Dragon David

First Grade
I diasgree with the last part of your post as a comparison. I am not sold on Host as a 1st grader. Ford I will watch and comment act then. It shows opinions vary. I dont believe rugby league players any of them are worth the money and it is over iinfated at the top. But that is the market.
Fair enough!

possm

Coach
I'm not saying he is a crap player, just not worth the money when there are several younger guys in the squad who can do the job for less. Host and Ford are quite capable.
We have already lost Leilua and De Belin for 2020. So if Frizell moves on our forward strength would be drastically reduced:

Frizell to lock in place of JDB for 2020
T Sims moves into Frizell's right edge position
Ford to the left edge

Bench
Kerr
Blacker
Graham
Lawrie/K Sims/Host/Britain

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We have already lost Leilua and De Belin for 2020. So if Frizell moves on our forward strength would be drastically reduced:

Frizell to lock in place of JDB for 2020
T Sims moves into Frizell's right edge position
Ford to the left edge

Bench
Kerr
Blacker
Graham
Lawrie/K Sims/Host/Britain
Friz shouldn’t be playing lock imo. I reckon one of the reasons he’s so burned out with us is the fact last season in particular he was used as a battering ram. He’s not getting any younger and can be be used better on an edge.

Actually, here’s a different school of thought. A twenty-nine year old backrower looking for his last big pay day is not the kind of player an elite team would break the bank for. He’s the kind of player an elite team would gently usher off to the Wests Tigers, Newcastle or St George. An elite team recognises what even a great backrower is worth under the cap and doesn’t go above that value. An elite team organises its cap around its spine/skill positions.

A twenty-nine year old backrower who wants to play for an elite team would realise – and would have been told directly by club management – what that team will pay him, and will have to decide on taking that for the shot at another premiership, or cashing in his value at a lesser club.

It’s true that we will let Frizell go to Newcastle and sign some reserve grader from Penrith to replace him. That’s because we are s**t, not because it is prudent to pay overs for Frizell.

Easts would ditch Frizell and get David Fifita or Cam Murray for unders and a TPA.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
if it was money he would have gone already, the longer this goes the more likely he will stay, probably waiting to see how Newcastle goes in the main rounds

st.phil

Bench
Friz shouldn’t be playing lock imo. I reckon one of the reasons he’s so burned out with us is the fact last season in particular he was used as a battering ram. He’s not getting any younger and can be be used better on an edge.
look we all no Mary is no Einstein but the whole "used as a battering ram" thing is a touch too much - there has never been finesse or an offload in Friz's game. He runs hard and gets a quick play the ball - we score more directly after his play the balls than any of our forwards.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Actually, here’s a different school of thought. A twenty-nine year old backrower looking for his last big pay day is not the kind of player an elite team would break the bank for. He’s the kind of player an elite team would gently usher off to the Wests Tigers, Newcastle or St George. An elite team recognises what even a great backrower is worth under the cap and doesn’t go above that value. An elite team organises its cap around its spine/skill positions.

A twenty-nine year old backrower who wants to play for an elite team would realise – and would have been told directly by club management – what that team will pay him, and will have to decide on taking that for the shot at another premiership, or cashing in his value at a lesser club.

It’s true that we will let Frizell go to Newcastle and sign some reserve grader from Penrith to replace him. That’s because we are s**t, not because it is prudent to pay overs for Frizell.

Easts would ditch Frizell and get David Fifita or Cam Murray for unders and a TPA.

With all due respect, l don’t think so.

An elite CEO from an elite football team..... let’s not mention anyone in particular but let’s say, Easts.

Good old uncle Nick doesn’t pay overs for anyone, otherwise the whole team would blow the cap.

Good old uncle Nick sells the ‘winning team’ formula and gets his prize player for well under what he’s worth.

Of course, the nrl won’t let a club pay ‘unders’ will they?
Good old uncle Nick.

Even if BJ had a voice, his whole attitude to acting as a CEO is totally wrong.

No direction, no idea, no voice.
Is it any wonder we struggle to sign anybody.

J.moz

Juniors
Has agreed with either souths or roosters . Keeps talking about winning a premiership its not about the money. Just go and we can sign fifita from Brisbane a lot younger and more of a dangerous player can score from anywhere in attack.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
look we all no Mary is no Einstein but the whole "used as a battering ram" thing is a touch too much - there has never been finesse or an offload in Friz's game. He runs hard and gets a quick play the ball - we score more directly after his play the balls than any of our forwards.
Don’t don’t need a whole heap of finesse at second row. You need a bit of speed, bit of size and to run good lines, it’s just that you run them at smaller blokes. Friz does all of the above, he was a centre in the Australian schoolboys rugby team many years ago. Last year he chopped and changed a lot and Hunt has an average year so neither he or the entire right side seem much ball when he did play there.

Does anyone have any updates on Friz staying or going.
Season kicks off in 12 days and I would have thought all involved would like it sorted before the comp starts.
I'm keen on him staying as it sends a good message to other players and the Club moving forward.
3 year deal would be nice but wouldn't go four.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Does anyone have any updates on Friz staying or going.
Season kicks off in 12 days and I would have thought all involved would like it sorted before the comp starts.
I'm keen on him staying as it sends a good message to other players and the Club moving forward.
3 year deal would be nice but wouldn't go four.

No

possm

Coach
Has agreed with either souths or roosters . Keeps talking about winning a premiership its not about the money. Just go and we can sign fifita from Brisbane a lot younger and more of a dangerous player can score from anywhere in attack.
Frizell to stay and Fifita to replace De Belin if he becomes unavailable for 2021.So my forward pack for 2021 is:

Merrin
McInnes
Vaughan
Fifita
T Sims
Frizell

Kerr
Lawrie
Ford
Britain / Blacker

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have been talking Ford up and a decent replacement if Frizell leaves, but I think I may have been overestimated Ford. He still looks a bit too light for first grade. He is a good footballer. Time will tell if he makes it.