What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Tom Turbo

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Both "older" Turbo's have 4yrs to run on their current contracts, so, like our 2 youngsters, seeking a release would be just about impossible to agree to. Plus add in the 3rd and 'younger' brother Ben, and you have an over complicated 💩 show.

As for 'swapping" players, well that's a legal minefield, if players aren't in agreeance to it, similar to why we don't have a draft in the NRL.

I think the Turbo's will all stay at Manly, and Tom's 'meeting' with management may have been to clear the air over Des's parting and who will be considered as his successor.

Dragon David

First Grade
Both "older" Turbo's have 4yrs to run on their current contracts, so, like our 2 youngsters, seeking a release would be just about impossible to agree to. Plus add in the 3rd and 'younger' brother Ben, and you have an over complicated 💩 show.

As for 'swapping" players, well that's a legal minefield, if players aren't in agreeance to it, similar to why we don't have a draft in the NRL.

I think the Turbo's will all stay at Manly, and Tom's 'meeting' with management may have been to clear the air over Des's parting and who will be considered as his successor.
This -

possm

Coach
Well it looks like the Turbos are staying put for now. So sign Hasler and get a few decent forwards in for season 2023. Then look at the Turbos for 2024 on - with Hasler's help of course.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well it looks like the Turbos are staying put for now. So sign Hasler and get a few decent forwards in for season 2023. Then look at the Turbos for 2024 on - with Hasler's help of course.
No way poss , I would not be signing Dessie without the Turbos , he is a useless coach without those 2 propping him up . ☺️

possm

Coach
Well I still have hopes of the Dragons signing Hasler who would surely attract the Turbo Brothers.

Our good friend and master coach has the same idea, at least when it comes to signing the Turbo Brothers. It is one thing to retain a fullback on the rise who can't displace Ramsey (Sloan), who also does not want to stay at the Dragons, and another to sign a marque fullback and a solid forward. We need new marquee players to lift our side and don't need players who want to move on.

redv13

Bench
At this stage we need forwards.
One front row leader.
Also a quality hard running edge forward.
A back row of Sua, L.Martin, Debelin would be ideal
It’s all good mate, possm has that sorted with Fifita and Haas coming. Throw in Robson, Tommy turbo and the ever fantastic Flanagan jr and we’re sweet as apples. Dean Young will be licking his lips in anticipation