What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing News

possm

Coach
Yeah, don't misunderstand me: if I could do it all again with the same outcomes, I absolutely would do it the same because we won the god damn premiership and nothing will ever come close to seeing the Red V win for the first time in my lifetime.
But we could have also won the GF the next two years with the squad we had. Even if we lost a couple of players, Bennett was always good at picking up good players.

saintsarealive1

Juniors
So what is Millward waiting for, sign Adam Blair now and we have no more worries about our pack for 2018. Blair together with our young props will give us plenty of depth and size up front.
Blair will receive a stack of very good offers. He might base his decision on things like where he prefers to live, what group of players he feels comfortable with, etc. I dont think broncos will lose him.

sco22

Juniors
Uncle Benny still got paid handsomely so no great loss as far as he is concerned.

Now and again I think about what could have been if Doust signed Bennett for 5 years as he requested - not 3. Mid 2011 season we were leading the competition and the bookies were paying out early. I feel sure we would have won another couple of GF and set up a good TPA system if we kept him on.

Totally agree Possm when coach told the players he was leaving they never recovered. And not having coach for 5 years was a Doust biggest F up to date.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Geez i reckon i would really struggle to like Blair even if he was in a Dragons jersey. Grub of the highest order.

I'm prepared to consider liking him if he grows his hair.

Blair is like Samson ............. he cut his hair off for the broncos and lost all his strength.
Grow it back son and find a bit of mongrel and he will fit in nicely with our pack.
Him and Frizell could be a good fit.

BennyV

Referee
Blair would be the perfect replacement for Packer. Because we definitely need one - no way in hell Lawrie, Kerr or any of our other young options are even remotely ready to step up to full time first grade.

denis preston

First Grade
I would love to see field or Dufty on the bench and if there was a game where we have a game wrapped up, give them some game time

Trouble is we think game wrapped up 20 minutes to go put them on. Mary thinks , no wait until 7 minutes to go ! This is very frustrating. With the way he is handling the interchange and selections I'm glad he has got nothing to do with recruitment .

mickeylane

Bench
Trouble is we think game wrapped up 20 minutes to go put them on. Mary thinks , no wait until 7 minutes to go ! This is very frustrating. With the way he is handling the interchange and selections I'm glad he has got nothing to do with recruitment .
You do understand how the interchange works don't you? With only one change left w 10 minutes to go u always keep the last change up ur sleeve for as long as possible in case of a forced change due to injury ! I can imagine u guys giving it to McGregor if he put Field on with 15 minutes to go and he was the last change and Frizel is forced to the head bin and we are left w 12 players!
McGregor makes all his interchange changes except one by the 70th min - all u have to do is watch the game to notice the system - and guess what every other coach does the same !
The only beef u could have is that he could bring Field on earlier but if he does that you need to make 3 changes to make way for him so he can play fullback !

Old Timer

Coach
You do understand how the interchange works don't you? With only one change left w 10 minutes to go u always keep the last change up ur sleeve for as long as possible in case of a forced change due to injury ! I can imagine u guys giving it to McGregor if he put Field on with 15 minutes to go and he was the last change and Frizel is forced to the head bin and we are left w 12 players!
McGregor makes all his interchange changes except one by the 70th min - all u have to do is watch the game to notice the system - and guess what every other coach does the same !
The only beef u could have is that he could bring Field on earlier but if he does that you need to make 3 changes to make way for him so he can play fullback !
You do understand what being well in front means don't you?
Field came on with 5 minutes to go FFS you may as well not bring him on at all as he can achieve nothing.
We were coasting and he could have made Field the 2nd to last change and still kept 1 up his sleeve.
Arch conservatism is what we do as there is always some apologist finding a reason to justify the abject lack of risk taking even when the safest of opportunities present themselves to do it.

DJ21

Juniors
Bair is a different style to Packer and our club is better than a grub like that. Why can't we just poach from the Raiders like we normally do - Sia Soliola would be a good pick up