What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings/Losses

beave

Coach
Sans Souci, Leeson is a decent player, he is still only young. Like what Tal said, he hasn't kicked on this year and we have a few kids coming through the Toyota cup that will be making the step up to first grade next year so I guess we had to lose someone. He should be pretty handy for you blokes.

Didgi

1. He can call himself whatever he likes.
2. What commentators call him and what he calls himself are different things.

Big Pete

Referee
I see Parker-Walshe is headed back to Townsville.

Is he just playing bush league or is he looking to get back into the fold?

Big Pete

Referee
Also what's the go with Sam Foster? Didn't see him listed in the NYC photos. He didn't fall out of favour that quickly did he?

Didgi

Fairly sure he's still around, he was at the preseason training camp I know that much.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kangaroo James Tamou has spurned offers from rival NRL clubs to re-sign with North Queensland until the end of 2016.
The imposing front-rower, who established himself as one of the elite forwards in the NRL in 2012 by making his Test and NSW Origin debuts, was being chased hard by several clubs including wooden-spooners Parramatta.
But the 24-year-old chose to stick with the club he debuted for in 2009, admitting he felt he owed it to the Cowboys for the faith they showed in him when he signed from the Sydney Roosters in 2009.
"When I first came to the Cowboys, I hadn't played in the NRL and now I'm playing Origin and Test footy which shows how much being here has helped my game," he said in a statement.
"I owe this club a lot and I love the area and the people here so my goal was to stay with North Queensland.
"I think we have a great squad and can challenge for titles next year and beyond that."
Cowboys general manager Peter Parr hailed the re-signing.
LINK

soc123_au

Staff member
Got some pretty good mail that you guys have signed Coote. Official announcement tommorow.

Didgi

Although I reckon Ulugia/Santo need another year or two (and with Gash retiring can be brought in slowly) I'm really not that keen on Coote. Was probably a long shot but getting Hoffman would've been great.

Big Pete

Referee
All things even, I reckon Coote would be the better buy. His asking price would be significantly lower you'd have to imagine and there really isn't that much difference between the two. Hoffy is a very committed well rounded player but his ball play leaves a lot to be desired and he doesn't possess the necessary speed or bulk to make up for it.

Big_nick

Juniors
Apparently Souths signed Grevsmuhl? Can anyone confirm this?

And can anyone tell me if he's good? Cheers

According to a very reliable source on the stampede he has.

Good player, was rated just as good as Taumalolo in the 20s and not sure what has happened with his development, others would know a lot more. But IMO he has potential to be a gun dont know why he would sign with souths as thats a hard pack to crack into.

Latest posts