What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

Chachi

Bench
Yep. Our other tactic is to keep whatever cash we have spare and see what players get kicked out of other clubs next year.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
ausraider said:
So what would you do mate.

Try to buy someone who isnt booted from there team over an incident..

We wont ever win a GF buying guys who are fringe first graders, ill admitt adamson and smith were great buys though..thats why i want the raiders to push this year in making sure we pick up more game breakers.

Stuart

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:

We wont ever win a GF buying guys who are fringe first graders, ill admitt adamson and smith were great buys though..thats why i want the raiders to push this year in making sure we pick up more game breakers.
I think the only way we are going to pick up gamebreakers is buy young (Ale) or buy old (Adamson, Smith) which appears to be the strategy the club is working with. I dont think canberra has the pulling power to attract a game breaker in their prime

The Whippet

Juniors
Why not target a few English players?

There's a few that could have a good impact in the NRL, even players from the NRL who have gone over there. Maybe players like that Leeds winger, Jamie Peacock and Jason Hooper.

ausraider

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:

Sorry 2k2 I am with you on this,I thought you were upset about not spending the money if we cannot pickup decent/good first graders.Hell no I would spend money on other rejects but than again we already have.Hope they pay big dividends.Lomu has been pretty good so far though.Williams not sure yet.time will tell.

raidersfan

Juniors
The CT today said we were targeting second rower Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Prop Trever Thurling. It said that we've been in talks with them and Thurling was down here last week. I'm guessing we've signed these two and they are the two forwards waiting to be anounced. How would you guys feel if we got these two?

Stuart

Juniors
I think that is a good start, Thurling is more or less certain according to the CT. Im excited at the prospect of Learoyd-Lahrs at the club, i think he is a very exciting young player and am looking forward to seeing him play along side Weyman and Tilse. Fingers crossed he is the other signing.

Stuart

Juniors
The CT was also talking up the possibility of bringing Simpson to the club. However the SMH has said the clause in his contract started last year so he is not going to be allowed to negotiate anyway (has only played 3 not 6 origins since then), pity.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Learoyd is a young bustling forward who has abit of meat on him, if he can realise his ability in Canberra we've got a rep player in the waiting.

Thurling... Surely we can do better.

Poida_Raider

Bench
oh yeah come on tom!!

injury prone my arse. he's a farrer boy, he's tough as they come!! just look at tonguey.

Macko8

Juniors
well if its 100% true, i reakon they aint bad signings at all..wasnt it two 2nd rowers the raiders have signed???thurling is a prop i think aint he? ahhh well all in all two good buys for the club and am looking forward to seeing them perform for the raiders. that would be alright if we got simpson too.

Stuart

Juniors
Simpson is off the market anyway, the orgin thing was a furfy, he has to play 6 origins from the start of his contract, he has only played 2 (will be 3).

Latest posts