What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

big pat

Coach
the couple of games of seen wes play, he has done very well, and would be surprised that he would go.

st.phil

Bench
suppose we gotta take the journo's with a dose of salt...I just hate this "giving him the number one jersey" talk. If he plays well enough well sure - but I dont like the club going back down that pandering path of guaranteed positions

big pat

Coach
wiener,ritchie,paul merkin, phil f**kfield, mascord, massoud, overated hacks, trying to get gullible people to swallow what ever they say, i'll tell you now a big pat exclusive, a poster on here dragonpunk aka justin, is studying to be a journo, in a couple of years he will shit on all these wankers.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Most of the "journos" read forums and blogs and invent the rest.
I think Kyle could do the job at #1, Nighty too, even Morris and Wes definitely has the ability to occupy that role
Kyle seems to get injured a lot, as does Chase. I truly hope that they both are up to the rigours of week to week NRL. Interesting to see Pricey and Bennett in a bidding war over Wes. Wayne position appears to be quite a dichotomy and must surely be seen to be a conflict of interest on Wayne's part whilst he's still head coach at the Dragons.
Whilst his contribution to the Dragons has certainly earned him the right to flexibility, I'd be genuinely interested in his rationalisation of role(s) in this situation.

nrlnrl

First Grade
suppose we gotta take the journo's with a dose of salt...I just hate this "giving him the number one jersey" talk. If he plays well enough well sure - but I dont like the club going back down that pandering path of guaranteed positions

It's not the journos, the quotes in that article are only from his manager spruiking the offers which he is obviously hoping will jack the price up :

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tles-wes-naiqama/story-e6frexnr-1226080887309

"The ball is now back in the Knights' court," Naiqama's manager Darryl Mather said.
"Up until today, Wes was weighing up two-year deals from both clubs. But the Dragons have come back with a three-year deal which has complicated things."
It's understood Cronulla and the Sydney Roosters also tabled two-year deals but it has come down to a shootout between the Knights and Naiqama's former club.
Mather believes Naiqama's first preference is to stay at the Knights. "On balance, I'd say that is probably true," he said.
"He is settled up in Newcastle and is happy there which is reflected in the footy he has been playing.
"But it's not an easy decision for Wes. He has close friends at the Dragons and he is close to (incoming coach) Steve Price.
"It's a tricky one for him."

big pat

Coach
It's not the journos, the quotes in that article are only from his manager spruiking the offers which he is obviously hoping will jack the price up :

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tles-wes-naiqama/story-e6frexnr-1226080887309

"The ball is now back in the Knights' court," Naiqama's manager Darryl Mather said.
"Up until today, Wes was weighing up two-year deals from both clubs. But the Dragons have come back with a three-year deal which has complicated things."
It's understood Cronulla and the Sydney Roosters also tabled two-year deals but it has come down to a shootout between the Knights and Naiqama's former club.
Mather believes Naiqama's first preference is to stay at the Knights. "On balance, I'd say that is probably true," he said.
"He is settled up in Newcastle and is happy there which is reflected in the footy he has been playing.
"But it's not an easy decision for Wes. He has close friends at the Dragons and he is close to (incoming coach) Steve Price.
"It's a tricky one for him."

tell him to come to st george, its a win win situation.

Breathingfire

Juniors

My guess (and its only a guess) is that we have offered him a contract that would be less than flattering, with the intention of using him as cover for injuries, and his management has responded by trying to milk more money from Newcastle by claiming a tug-of-war between the two clubs. My guess is he will re-sign with the Knights. I just can't see them using Stanley on the bench again for another couple of years. There is one other possibility and it stinks. Cooper to go overseas and Stanley to play centre. If that happens I will eat MY Red V scarf. It is highly unlikely.

Last edited:

butter81

Juniors
pretty sure reddy signed with the dogs. i wouldnt mind trying to sign moltzen though. very good utility player that could make a position his own. was playing very good at half back for the tigers before his injury last year. could cover fullback, hooker and centres...

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Was talking to Bryson Goodwin in Perth on the weekend and he said that he has signed with you guys for the next 3 years.

Godz Illa

Coach
Mitch Rein and Bronx Goodwin re-sign until the end of 2013. Michael Greenfield takes up otion for one more year.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...o-remain-with-dragons-until-2013/2211391.aspx

Goodwin, Rein to remain with Dragons until 2013

BY MICHAEL CHAMMAS
30 Jun, 2011 12:00 AM
Bronx Goodwin and Mitch Rein have extended their contracts with St George Illawarra until the end of 2013.
The Mercury can reveal the duo has recently agreed to terms with the Dragons, with the club to announce the signings within the next fortnight.
The double coup also softened the blow left by the failed bid to lure Wes Naiqama back to the club next year, with the Knights speedster yesterday signing a three-year contract to play under Wayne Bennett in Newcastle.
Full coverage of the Dragons
Rein has been a revelation for the red and whites since his NRL debut in round one, making the most of the opportunity presented by the World Club Challenge injury to Cameron King.
It is believed incoming coach Steve Price sees King and Rein, who he coached as teenagers in the Toyota Cup three years ago, as long-term replacements for Dean Young and Nathan Fien.
The signing of Goodwin, who is expected to return from injury in four weeks, bolsters the club's options to replace Newcastle-bound Darius Boyd at fullback.
Goodwin, who was in the process of renegotiating a contract extension before he suffered a knee injury in round nine, was given a guarantee the setback wouldn't rob him of a contract for next season.
"As soon as I did the injury, the first thing that came to my mind was the contract," Goodwin said.
"But I took Pricey on his word and I knew the club wasn't going to renege."
Despite his desire to remain at the Dragons, Goodwin has been holding off on a decision until Boyd announced his future.
But with the Queensland and Australian representative leaving, Goodwin said it was an easy decision.
"It's part of the reason why I stayed," Goodwin said.
"Darbs [Boyd] leaving opens the door for me or Kyle [Stanley], or whoever [to play fullback]."
Also at the club, prop David Gower is off contract at season's end and his manager Sam Ayoub has decided to wait until after the Origin period to negotiate a potential contract extension with the red and whites.
The Dragons have also tabled an offer to Adam Cuthbertson, but the back-rower is weighing up his options.
Michael Greenfield has activated an option in his contract to extend his time at St George Illawarra until the end of next season.

RedV6

Juniors
Wold be Bronx he was there representing the club for a women in league function

Whats Doing

Bench
He is a prop/second rower who had big wraps when he came to grade but didn't kick on.

He has played a few first grade games but didn't seem to have a big motor. He could kick on but I wouldn't be doing hand stands at his signing.