What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Woolford!

simon says

First Grade
Its almost hypnotic watching him blink away...I always have a good laugh.

Im glad someone else has noticed it ;-) ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
;-) i was ;-) joking ;-) i got no ;-) idea what any ;-) of ;-) you are on about ;-) ;-)

woolford could have a new nickname - Blinky Bill :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The scumbag should have got 10 weeks for his hit on Williamson who didn't play again in the season.

Stop your crying raider fans.

As for his antics with Referees, perhaps he should be binned. I bet none of you minded when Tooves was.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
The scumbag should have got 10 weeks for his hit on Williamson who didn't play again in the season.

As for his antics with Referees, perhaps he should be binned. I bet none of you minded when Tooves was.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
10 weeks?
odonnell and madison got just over that for something 15x worse
thats a joke surely

Lynchie

Juniors
Simon Woolford helps drive the team with his passion, guts and determination.
Opposition fans complaining about him probably drives him even more! :D

sydraider

First Grade
WOOLFORD is da man, i love his leadership and he cracks me up whenever he confronts a ref.

Still i think the biggest whingers in the game are the roosters and especially ricky stuart.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
10 weeks?
odonnell and madison got just over that for something 15x worse
thats a joke surely

O'Donnell should have been rubbed out for the season.

How many weeks did Williamson miss? Did he miss one week for anything other than that tackle?

I reckon he is going to cop some hits he may be lucky to remember next time your team plays Manly. And I bet he will be too scared to get up from too.

I don't even understand why he is in your squad. He's crap!

Raider_69

Post Whore
he is certainlly better than your hooker
ohh and i would sort ya facts out first, from what i understand woolford applogised to williamson and they are friends

bwt woolford isnt scared manly, he trains will scarier men everyday

raider_at_heart

Juniors
That shot Woolford copped against Omeally deserved a penalty even if he didnt stay down. He was lying on the ground and he came down with the elbow to his face for good mesure. It was a cheaps shot and even the raiders players saw it and ran over to Omeally and that was live!

Yeah ive also noticed he blinks as well and he only does it on the field which is weird.

hrundi99

First Grade
Goleel said:
I think the reason most people accuse Woolford of staying down is because its something they don't think he is below doing, because of how often he comes out in the media (mostly regarding the Bulldogs) with his outspoken opinions and the disrespect he shows referees on the field.

I've only read or heard Woolford making 3 references to the Bulldogs.

The first was regarding the salary cap dramas. He merely questioned, after the Bulldogs being deemed to have operated "illegally" within the league and being deducted 34 points, why should the Raiders then play them and potentially risk injuries, etc. I still don't understand why the Dogs were allowed to play and potentially earn points from the last 2 games.

The NRL said, ok you've done the dodgy, we're taking your points from you. They still had an "illegal" team for the last 2 rounds, so what had changed?

If someone can explain the logic to me I'm all ears.

The 2nd point was after the Raiders Dogs game at Homebush last year and his point was that there is a dodgy element to the Bulldogs crowd. This is after the SGB banner was destroyed, Toots was booed off after breaking his leg, and Raiders supporters were taunted and physically threatened after the game.

Everyone involved in this sport knows that there is truth in what he was saying. Separate to that he was showing loyalty to a teammate and the Raiders supporters. An admirable trait if you ask me.

The 3rd comment he made was at the NRL season launch when he stated categorically that the media should treat the Bulldogs players as innocent until proven guilty. He was one of only a handful of players who had the balls to put their hand up and be honest about it.

I'm not sure why some Bulldogs fans feel he has a vendetta against them...?

Also, if you're saying 'well you cop a high shot and see how you take it', its pretty pointless in the arguement and an easy way out. None of us are professional footballers, particularly hard headed front rowers who are used to taking punishment, including shots to the head. When you see other guys get straight back up from a shot and others stay down after a similar one, it doesn't matter how we personally would handle it, we aren't professionals, they are.

They're not professional boxers either. Unless you have a head made of stone or no central nervous system, getting hit in the head hurts. Just because they are professional footballers doesn't mean they have no nerve endings in their heads/faces.

hrundi99

First Grade
raider_at_heart said:
That shot Woolford copped against Omeally deserved a penalty even if he didnt stay down. He was lying on the ground and he came down with the elbow to his face for good mesure. It was a cheaps shot and even the raiders players saw it and ran over to Omeally and that was live!

Yeah ive also noticed he blinks as well and he only does it on the field which is weird.

It's a facial tic he has. I've seen him do it a number of times away from the field.

It's a medical condition that gets worse in times of stress.

It's not really that amusing if you ask me.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Here here hrundi. Woolford is a great role model for anyone! He stands up for himself, and for the team and what he believes in, and i'm sure each of you arrogant people who are saying "woolford this woolford that" wish you had a player in your team like him!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
he is certainlly better than your hooker
ohh and i would sort ya facts out first, from what i understand woolford applogised to williamson and they are friends

bwt woolford isnt scared manly, he trains will scarier men everyday

Better then Randall? You can keep him mate.

Does an apology mean he isn't fair game next time they line up?

So if you were him, you wouldn't worry about being hit by Solo?

Goleel

Juniors
That's three times more than most other players have come out, I've read in RLW at least two or three times him coming out complaining about various Bulldogs incidents, and really, I don't think its his position to come out and make his opinions public about those issues, and I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way, hence why, apart from Canberra fans, a strong anti-Woolford sentiment exists.

He gets away with a lot to the refs as well, I've said a lot less than he has and been sent off in junior grades, and while it may be clever captaincy (and for that I give him credit) it doesn't endear himself to anyone but his teams fans.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player or captain, I'm just giving reasons why I (and I'm sure many others) dislike the guy, basically, he has a big mouth.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i highly doubt the manly players would dwell on the incident like you have.... or at least i hope not otherwise they are in for another long day when they play canberra

hrundi99

First Grade
Goleel said:
That's three times more than most other players have come out, I've read in RLW at least two or three times him coming out complaining about various Bulldogs incidents, and really, I don't think its his position to come out and make his opinions public about those issues, and I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way, hence why, apart from Canberra fans, a strong anti-Woolford sentiment exists.

I can't understand your logic.

Other players say other stuff as well. It's not as if he's the only one.

But, none of the points are aimed at the Bulldogs team or organisation, nor their fans in general.

1st point - questioning the NRL and the decisions they made in handing out punishment to the Dogs

2nd point - complaining about a particular element of the Bulldogs crowd, who most people have problems with.

3rd point - defending the Bulldogs players and organisation.

If you're talking about the O'Meley incident, from memory he was defending himself from attacks by Folkes and O'Meley about him being soft/a cheat. Not entirely unreasonable I would think.

Explain it to me?

:idea:

Booyah

Bench
Woolford. I hate that bloke.

Can never ever ever shut up and get with it.

Always has something to say to the Refs. Sometimes I wonder if he's even whinging to him, and not just making polite conversation.

" Hey Shayne, how's the wife and kids?"

It wouldn't surprise me.