What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simon Woolford!

Godz Illa

Coach
Raider_69 said:
lol
suspicions about davico? your kidding, he hit the saints bloke around the head, the bloke that stayed down was just "soft" :roll:

firstly its innocent untill proven guilty so i guess that makes germ INNOCENT

Sigh... so you're trotting out that old chestnut now, are ya? Innocent until proven guilty, yawn. Two can play at that game, genius. O'Meley - innocent until categorically PROVEN beyond reasonable doubt guilty. Call in the physicists and NASA engineers, calculate the approximate force in pounds per millisecond of O'Meley's arm, using all available video footage. Then compare it with the world mean poundage of all head-related injuries, or concussion. I think you'll find a considerable discrepancy.

And re: Davico, I was talking about Luke Bailey's high shot.

Kaz

junior
No-one will beat that whining, arms throwing, whinging to the ref, dwarf Toovey.

He was the master of it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ohh ok, so now davico was faking it, even though he was taken off and went straight to the sheds with a mild concussion
you wanker

The fact O'Meally AND bailey were suspended by our form of the legal system suggest that they were guilty

Done, proven

Godz Illa

Coach
Raider_69 said:
The fact O'Meally AND bailey were suspended by our form of the legal system suggest that they were guilty

Done, proven

Hahahaha are you calling that kangaroo court judiciary of ours the equivalent of the Australian justice system? Hahaha oh deary me thats priceless. All you've proven is your own ignorance.

And I didnt say Davico was faking it, I excluded myself from the accusing parties. I just mentioned that some Saints fans have voiced their suspicions. Bailey deserved his week's suspension. O'Meley's infraction barely warranted a penalty.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ok
is not the judicary the enforcer of our games law?
thus simular to that of our court system?
thus once found guilty there one must assume that they are guilty in the eyes of the justice system impossed?
in this case the rugby league?

Society imposses a court system where by people can appeal charges against them and a judge or pannel of people ajudicate weather they are indeed guilty

explain to me the difference in the essential core of both systems?

Raider_69

Post Whore
i mean its not rocket science to figure out that the judicary and the courts are based off the same theorys and principles therefor a common bond can be formed

im calling the judicary the equvilent of the court system in relation to rugby league, which is exactly what it is, no matter how ineffective it is

hrundi99

First Grade
I've seen Davico take some massive hits from the biggest guys in this sport, and I can't remember the last time he didn't get straight back up. He is one of the best around at being able to take punishment.

Bailey's hit was high, and he suffered a concussion. He shouldn't have played the 2nd half. Bailey deserved 2 weeks at least.

We are suppopsed to be stamping this out of the game.

The heads in the judiciary have more expertise than you do, so more often than not I'd rather respect their opinion on events.

Take a high hit from O'Meley and I can't help but think that your opinion would change.

Godz Illa

Coach
hrundi99 said:
The heads in the judiciary have more expertise than you do, so more often than not I'd rather respect their opinion on events.

Take a high hit from O'Meley and I can't help but think that your opinion would change.

Perhaps. But that aint gonna happen anytime soon is it? Even if it did, O'Meley is a tad slow moving laterally in defence - with my lightning footwork I'd probably dance around him.

The bottom line is, I thought Woolford took a dive. So did Steve Folkes and the Bulldogs. And so did the non-partisan observers who were watching the game with me. It angered us because it seemed to be a crime against the spirit of the game. That code of honour among rugby league players that we so admire. We hate to see it abused.

Southernsaint

Staff member
George_Illa said:
The bottom line is, I thought Woolford took a dive. So did Steve Folkes and the Bulldogs. And so did the non-partisan observers who were watching the game with me. It angered us because it seemed to be a crime against the spirit of the game. That code of honour among rugby league players that we so admire. We hate to see it abused.

Simon "Klinsmann" Woolford?? :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Raider_69

Post Whore
you think he took a dive
fair enough, thats your opinion but i personally think a hit like that would have had 95% of the haman race down for a while

thickos

First Grade
The whole lot of you wish you had a hooker that played with as much passion and intensity as Woolford. A true credit to the Raiders, off the field he's great with the fans and on the field I wouldnt want anyone else running the show.

My argument concludes with..... Mark Riddell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My argument concludes with..... Mark Riddell

He's fat, he's round, his ass is on the ground Mark Riddell :lol:

I don't see a need to defend Germ. It is funny how the doggies fans still hate him, because of what he said about the rorting of the salary cap. Then Omeley has a cheap shot, and that's what it was a cheap shot, and gets penalised for it they don't like it. All cheap shots should be punished. Doesn't matter how injured or not the player gets, if it's a cheap shot, the bastard should be punished, penalty and/or suspension.

On Bailey, IMHO he was extremely lucky. His hit looked very similar to another one from the weekend that saw some warriors bloke out for 5 weeks. So he got off lucky, but then again Statue was on the way down, but a swinging arm is a swinging arm all the same.

Goleel

Juniors
I didn't think Bailey's shot was that bad, Davico was falling in the tackle, it wasn't clenched fist, it was more bad luck than bad technique. One week is fair enough. When I first saw it I must admit I thought Davico was staying down for the penalty, but the replay showed he got nicely hammered.

I think the reason most people accuse Woolford of staying down is because its something they don't think he is below doing, because of how often he comes out in the media (mostly regarding the Bulldogs) with his outspoken opinions and the disrespect he shows referees on the field.

Also, if you're saying 'well you cop a high shot and see how you take it', its pretty pointless in the arguement and an easy way out. None of us are professional footballers, particularly hard headed front rowers who are used to taking punishment, including shots to the head. When you see other guys get straight back up from a shot and others stay down after a similar one, it doesn't matter how we personally would handle it, we aren't professionals, they are.

It's like criticising everyone here who bags players from various teams, sure, we couldn't do it, but heck, we don't get paid to be the best footballers in the world, we don't play in a league for the best footballers in the world and thus shouldn't be compared to them. Compare them to each other, and compared to other players, Woolford was either smacked in a bad spot that forced him to stay down or he can't take a high shot like some other players can. Of course, he could have stayed down, too, but he'll never admit that.

Raider_69

Post Whore
firstly i agree, at first i though "here we go again" in reguards toi davico, but he copped it fair around the head

as for woolford he is a cpatain that speaks his mind, and i personally admire him for that, he has openly critised many people, the bulldogs including but in most occasions he is just saying what were all thinking

He was copped around the nose and if anyone has been smacked around the nose they know its a very difficult thing to get up from, it scrambles ya brain pretty harshly

simon says

First Grade
Woolford miilked it for sure.Now every time I see a Raider player go down Im thinking......is he fakin it too?????When Davico got it I thought here we go again,Elliot must be onto this,but Davico copped a whopper and was in Disneyland.Im afraid now that everytime a Raider player does stay down that punters will think they are doing a "Woolford". ;-)

Woolford is a smart player and got his team a penalty.Personally i dont approve of the way he did it,but I suppose if Dazza Senter did the same thing Id be all for it.So I guess Im being a bit two way here.

On Woolford,has anyone else noticed this bloke blinking his eyes every two seconds....I think someone forgets to take his medication on game day... ;-) ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
acually simon i had noticed that
i dont know whats with it but he blinks and awful lot