What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simpson Gone????

colmac75

Juniors
Just read on MSN:

But Newcastle backrower Steve Simpson, who will officially be able to negotiate with other clubs after next week's Origin decider, is unlikely to test his value with the Knights confident of retaining the Test and NSW representative.

Simpson was not due to come off contract until next year, but had a clause written into his current deal allowing for a release if he played six Origin games post 2003. Wednesday's Origin clash in Melbourne will be his sixth.
"He has a re-negotiation clause, which has been activated, but we're talking to Steven's management, and we expect he'll be staying at Newcastle," said Knights operations manager Stephen Crowe.

Another one gone???

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Asotasi, Creagh, Nate Myles and their managers would be loving this. Clubs now have to pay even more for them due to the lack of quality fowards off contract. If Simpson re-signs, all three could probably add at least another $50k to their value.

parra pete

Referee
Don't panic. The kids will step up to the plate. We have retained some excellent players and will be allowing boys from the champion Premier League team to finally make the progression.
Hayne, Reddy, Tahu, Smith, Grothe, Blake Green, PJ Marsh, Chad Robinson, Hindmarsh, Taia, Fui, Riddell, Cayless..The foundations are there..Just need a coupla bricks...

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
Don't panic. The kids will step up to the plate. We have retained some excellent players and will be allowing boys from the champion Premier League team to finally make the progression.
Hayne, Reddy, Tahu, Smith, Grothe, Blake Green, PJ Marsh, Chad Robinson, Hindmarsh, Taia, Fui, Riddell, Cayless..The foundations are there..Just need a coupla bricks...
True Pete, but will be surprised if Green stays.

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:

Notice how all the Premier League players you'ver mentioned are mostly backs. That is our problem - for some reason, our young forwards just can't make an impact.

It doesn't look too bright for 2007 in my eyes.

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra pete said:

tim smith isnt a centre;-) and pj bajebus i prey to god he isnt our starting half for next season...:crazy:

Angry_eel

First Grade
well i would put atleast one of our young forwards on the bendh for the whole season. Also, some players need to lose some weight as well.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Angry_eel said:
well i would put atleast one of our young forwards on the bendh for the whole season. Also, some players need to lose some weight as well.

some players need to lose the fat especially timmy and piggy they need to get thier asses into a gym and get fit play 80 mins without stopping for a break...

parra pete

Referee
Not only is Tim Smith not a centre...he's not a first grade footballer...
Ben Smith is a handy centre though.
I have big hopes for Aaron Cannings if he stays.. He's half handy when he is not wounded..Surely he is due for a change of luck...

parra pete

Referee
CrazyEel said:
True Pete, but will be surprised if Green stays.

Blake is managed by David Riolo's Titan Group. They seem to push players away from the Eels. I don't think David had a wrap for Brian Smith..but Brian has moved on..maybe his attitude has changed.
David managed Willie Tonga, Andrew Ryan and Pat Richards..and he shipped them out. maybe you are right Crazy about Blake..
(PS - Did ya get to the Brisbane SOO..I caught up with the Red Rooster at Cavalier Homes Souths Logan Luncheon during the arvo - and watched the game with Johnny Peard)

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
I have big hopes for Aaron Cannings if he stays.. He's half handy when he is not wounded..Surely he is due for a change of luck...

I'd like to see timmy get his head right at the end of the season lose some weight/fat and add some muscle and endurance...

Also hopefully him and green can both go for the halfback spot..

I still remember burty stopping canning when he made a break playing for manly a few years ago, he ran straight at burt and he smashed him...

parralight

Juniors
parra pete said:

Parra Pete, Always read your posts with interest as you do come across as a person who knows a bit about players - mostly I agree with you but cant understand why you dont rate Tim Smith ?
The boy CAN play He does need a good 5/8 next to him though.