What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sins of the father

Apey

Staff member
jeebus Fire's "internet-only" persona is nose-diving at an alarming rate, it's getting more embarrassing by the minute..

Loudstrat

Coach
I wonder why Manly didnt argue more loudly about Snake not being drunk at the time? Sure, the club had a lot to deal with, but I recall their main message as a big "F*ck you" to the NRL who gave them the initial option of taking action.

Bottom line - the legal system is generally the best avenue to produce the appropriate avenue - and is a slow and thorough one. The media make their mind up instantly. The media also ran the comp.

eozsmiles

Bench
After reading that, I'm a bit surprised that the Stewart bros didn't hock a snot ball onto Gallop's shoes and anyone else from the NRL standing on the grand final stage. It wasn't a secret that the father is a tool but I didn't realise he was this twisted. That story reads like Stewart has done nothing wrong on the night, maybe not even p!$$ed enough to get tossed from a pub. Even texted the missus to see if he was getting one kebab or two.
I was bagging Manly for being a bit over the top with their Gallop hate. But they had to walk around knowing he was getting stitched up by a sicko and they couldn't say a word about it. Can't blame Des for putting on the siege mentality. Can't blame the Stewart's for holding the hate either.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
I wonder why Manly didnt argue more loudly about Snake not being drunk at the time? Sure, the club had a lot to deal with, but I recall their main message as a big "F*ck you" to the NRL who gave them the initial option of taking action.

Bottom line - the legal system is generally the best avenue to produce the appropriate avenue - and is a slow and thorough one. The media make their mind up instantly. The media also ran the comp.

Wasn't it something about legal advice saying he & Manly shouldn't appeal the NRL suspension as it would've meant bringing into public view things that may have impacted his future defence in court over the police charges.

firechild

First Grade
After reading that, I'm a bit surprised that the Stewart bros didn't hock a snot ball onto Gallop's shoes and anyone else from the NRL standing on the grand final stage. It wasn't a secret that the father is a tool but I didn't realise he was this twisted. That story reads like Stewart has done nothing wrong on the night, maybe not even p!$$ed enough to get tossed from a pub. Even texted the missus to see if he was getting one kebab or two.
I was bagging Manly for being a bit over the top with their Gallop hate. But they had to walk around knowing he was getting stitched up by a sicko and they couldn't say a word about it. Can't blame Des for putting on the siege mentality. Can't blame the Stewart's for holding the hate either.

Manly fans have been saying for a long time that Stewart was not drunk (he was asked to leave the venue because they were closing and had to prepare for evening trade) but most other fans have been quoting lines from Bourbon Becky, Paul K*nt and Slothfield to dismiss the claims. News Ltd would not have made an out of court settlement with Stewart had their slanderous claims been ligitimate. The fact is, he was suspended for no other reason than he had been accused of a crime he had not committed.

snoozer

Bench
Manly fans have been saying for a long time that Stewart was not drunk (he was asked to leave the venue because they were closing and had to prepare for evening trade) but most other fans have been quoting lines from Bourbon Becky, Paul K*nt and Slothfield to dismiss the claims. News Ltd would not have made an out of court settlement with Stewart had their slanderous claims been ligitimate. The fact is, he was suspended for no other reason than he had been accused of a crime he had not committed.
this^^

league journalism is at a pitiful low point when these merkins are supposedly some of the best.

Brutus

Referee
Another appalling moment of Gallop's reign.

Thank god he's gone.

Well done to the Stewart brothers for having a go at Gallop during the GF last year.

Darren Britt

Juniors
Strong reading.
TBH, I had my doubts on Stewart's innocence. Reading "according to several police reports" in the daily telegraph got me I suppose.
I just hope the players can band together and boycott dailytelegraph.

slipperykinchela

First Grade

Only problem is the manly clubs report to the Nrl was that stewartbwas leg less and refused entry into two pubs.

Only problem is the manly clubs report to the Nrl was that stewartbwas leg less and refused entry into two pubs.

And the misinformation program continues, FMD. What youve said their is just bollocks.

You have now backed that statement up by posting a link which contains this following statement from Gallop who is responding to a Manly Club press release.

“In doing so the club neglected to mention the following statement from its own report: 18:00pm – A caucasian male, Brett Stewart was asked to leave Main Bar due to intoxication. This report was confirmed by the NRL’s own inquiries.”

Since the court found that to be entirely incorrect, why do you think that proves anything slipperykinchela ?

lol

The link you quoted shows nothing of the sort.

The NRL claimed manly said their report claimed Stewart was refused service at one bar.

Refusing entry/service and being leg less are vastly different.

I have personally asked well over 500 people to leave a licensed premise because of intox , the standard for doing so is well short of leg less.

If every NRL player that was refused service was suspended for 4 weeks there wouldn't be anyone left playing footy. It's not a serious event at all.

The suspension was bogus , it was nothing more than gallop trying to look like he was doing something in the wake of a media beat up.

If the allegations of rape were never made , Stewart would have never been suspended.

In suspending Stewart , gallop made him look guilty well before any trial. A trial that was based around allegations that were patently false.

Latest posts