What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sironen

BrotherJim05

Bench
Love this kid, I think he is improving and he has size to back himself.

Only thing I wonder about is where we are to fit him in team? I don't see him as a long-term halfback and Marshall will no doubt stay as 5/8 for rest of his career (or at least untill end of 2014). Has Siro played in centres before? Does he have any experience in U20s in the back row? He has the size, maybe he just needs to get some experience in NSW Cup in back row to see how he goes.

Tiger05

First Grade
Marshall plays 7. The number means nothing.

I'm not sure where Sirro ends up but it could be at 6 or 2nd row I think.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Marshall plays 7. The number means nothing.

I'm not sure where Sirro ends up but it could be at 6 or 2nd row I think.

Yeah I've noticed from a number of your posts that you think Marshall should be #7 or is already playing as one.
Why do you reckon this? (curious)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marshall does not play as #7.

Under Sheens the number meant a bit less, but not now.

Benji is back as a traditional #6 where he belongs and where he should stay.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah I've noticed from a number of your posts that you think Marshall should be #7 or is already playing as one.
Why do you reckon this? (curious)

I think he fits there just as well as at 6. He is a little slower now and needs to do some different stuff. If you watch the game winning try on the weekend he gets in there tight and takes the right option.

I think he can play either role with no problems. At the moment though Sirro can slot into 6 a little better than 7.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have two better hole running centres than him already.

Sironen wouldn't get any decent ball.

Such a crazy concept with no intellect behind it whatsoever.

DanOz

Juniors
We have two better hole running centres than him already.

Sironen wouldn't get any decent ball.

Such a crazy concept with no intellect behind it whatsoever.

No intellect because you disagree with it? Pull your head in mate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as much as I disagree with yours and could pass similiar judgements I respect your right to think differently.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No intellect because he's a ball player.

No intellect because our centres get f**k all ball, none of it being quality either which would nullfiy all of his ball playing and hole running skills.

No intellect because he's no better than Lawrence and Ayshford in any aspect of being a centre.

No intellect because he's starting to find his feet and play well in the halves.

You're entitled to your opinion, I just think its utterly stupid and completely devoid of any thought or intellect.

DanOz

Juniors
You are entitled to be high and mighty from the safety of your keyboard. I bow out of this discussion.

Tiger05

First Grade
No intellect because you disagree with it?

That is correct. Madunit's buzzword is intellect at the moment.

Sironen looks better than most of our backline players and forwards at the moment. I wouldn't risk him in the forwards because he might not be up for the work just yet.

I think he has to play though and if that is at the expense of one of centres so be it.

Still I think Benji 7, Sirro 6 until Sirro bulks up and goes to the forwards or Brooks or Moses come in and take over the 6 and or 7 roles. Sirro though looks like he fits in and will get a role somewhere.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Knowing our luck with halves Siro will probably be our replacement 5/8 for four years and playing more often than not hahaha

DanOz

Juniors
That is correct. Madunit's buzzword is intellect at the moment.
I try not to bite because for all I know I am debating some 12 year old. It just annoys me that people are so brave over the internet and speak to people in a manner that would earn them a smack in the mouth if it was face to face. But then again we all have bad days so I am hoping it was just one of those. Oh well, such is life.

innsaneink

Referee
Sirro has played a lot of center in the past

He's been fast tracked into NRL, he shouldve had a couple years in 20's/State cup off the bench as a back rower to prepare him for where he'll eventually end up.

As it is hes in first grade biding his time to find his position...while hes handling first grade I still think he's been rushed...treading water sort of

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I try not to bite because for all I know I am debating some 12 year old. It just annoys me that people are so brave over the internet and speak to people in a manner that would earn them a smack in the mouth if it was face to face. But then again we all have bad days so I am hoping it was just one of those. Oh well, such is life.

I can't be f**ked putting on an act. I'd say this to your face.

No need to take it personally like Tiger05 does.

I know nothing about you, i'm just criticising some usernames comments.

Some people are too precious

Vic Mackey

Referee
I thought the game against the cowboys was his best in first grade. Defineitaly not the long term 7 and agree its hard to know where he'll end up. He does look every bit the first grader though.