What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sironen

Tiger05

First Grade
Well when we were cycling through all the other combinations we were cemented at 16th.

Our issues are spread across the field, not just in our halves. I think we are slowly starting to get back on track but without an experienced pack it will be a long way off.

We can't keep switching our halves so we need to just stick with Sirro at 7 and Marshall at 6 for the remainder of the year.

We have to switch our halves and all positions to get them right or as good as possible. I'm with you though now in that I think we should stick with the halves we have now.

Siro is the prototype edge running/ball playing Lock. That is where his future lay. Anasta isn't a locks arsehole.

We're hopefully going to bring Brooks in at 7 for the start of 2014. So why not give Siro the time at lock till the end of the year and Anasta can fill in at 7.

I'd leave it for now. I'm not sure where Sirro ends up. He could be lock. He could be at 6. It'll be interesting where he ends up playing.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Siro is the prototype edge running/ball playing Lock.

There are a number of halves that have moved to lock later in their career. Greg Bird comes to top of mind.

Siro is still young and I wouldn't be surprised if he grows in terms of building bulk over the next 3 years. Once this happens it will be very interesting what sort of player he becomes

Our future will be something along these lines.

1 Tedesco
2 Koroibete
3 Lawrence / Simona
4 Ayshford
5 Nofoaluma
6 Benji / Moses
7 Brooks

13 Sironen

And that ain't too bad at all.

BrotherJim05

Bench

1 Tedesco
2 Koroibete
3 Lawrence / Simona
4 Ayshford
5 Nofoaluma
6 Benji / Moses
7 Brooks

13 Sironen

Pat Richards will slot in there somewhere for the next few years. His goalkicking, size and experience on the wing will be a huge asset.

But yes, I can't wait till all these players have 2-3 years experience under their belt.

Fordy20

Juniors
You have this all wrong. I just didn't get the love for Miller that some of you did - it is just s difference of opinion. I wish him the best and I would have loved him to succeed.

I totally agree with your point regarding poorly performing forwards affecting the halves.

I was just confused that you were happy to give Moltzen three years at fullback despite him not being a fullback's asshole, yet you wanted Miller canned after two games because he didn't play like Andrew Johns did for the Blues in 2005.

Tiger05

First Grade
I was just confused that you were happy to give Moltzen three years at fullback despite him not being a fullback's asshole, yet you wanted Miller canned after two games because he didn't play like Andrew Johns did for the Blues in 2005.

Motzen should be gone. I liked Tedesco more than him basically straight away. I still think though Moltzen can play. I just can't justify keeping him in the team or squad based on the alternatives.

Miller had one decent run the whole time he played firsts and there have been so many excuses for him. I'm not doubting that at some point he might be a gun but he just never looked it. He also didn't have to look like Andrew Johns - he just had to do something.

Tiger05

First Grade

1 Tedesco
2 Koroibete
3 Lawrence / Simona
4 Ayshford
5 Nofoaluma
6 Benji / Moses
7 Brooks

13 Sironen

That looks good to me but I wonder if Ayshford and Lawrence can keep their spots, where Richards will slot in and where Benji/Moses/Brooks and Sirro will end up.

I can also see Sirro in the backrow - lock or second row - but should he be kept at 6 and be a Sutton type player. That allows another big forward to be out on the park. It also means one of Benji/Moses/Brooks gets the 7 role.

To be fair it is a couple of years off from really being a problem and we don't know how Brooks and Moses will perform or if Sirro continues to improve and how long Benji goes on for.

I think that things are looking good for the future but we need a good forward pack and outside backs. If we end up with plodding backs or a backrow with no impact we are going to be hammered again.

BrotherJim05

Bench

Yet Miller was released by our coach. So you are basically saying that Tiger05 is a spastic for thinking something our coach seemed to think aswell?

Miller was not our long term halfback and everyone including the ESL knew it.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So why train him there with the nrl side all off season?

A halfback is better than none at all. Let him see out the season, let the rest if the side become structured around a stable spine, then improve it next year, not after 4 games.

Tiger05

First Grade
So why train him there with the nrl side all off season?

A halfback is better than none at all. Let him see out the season, let the rest if the side become structured around a stable spine, then improve it next year, not after 4 games.

It was a mistake that they realized and did something about.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think a lot of people including the coaching staff thought we needed a better option.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
We have to switch our halves and all positions to get them right or as good as possible. I'm with you though now in that I think we should stick with the halves we have now.

I'd leave it for now. I'm not sure where Sirro ends up. He could be lock. He could be at 6. It'll be interesting where he ends up playing.

If we're still around come the finals then I know I'd rather be relying on anasta at 7 rather than sirro. Curtis can really break a line running off short balls. He's a runner more so than an organiser. Anasta is the opposite. This is why they should switch IMO.

I still think melbourne was our best game of the year and anasta performed admirably in the halves that night. His kicking is valuable compared to benji who is rocks or diamonds week in, week out.

I also think young Akauola proved himself to be a quality prospect in his 15 min cameo at the end of that Storm game but is now languishing on the bench in vb cup :(

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't see us being around at finals time so I'd give Sirro more time in the halves.

I don't get why we signed Anasta however I think he has played reasonably well on a couple of occasions. Last week he was putting in some nice passes out wide. He is definitely more of a half than a backrower.

innsaneink

Referee
Miller wasnt a 'mistake'

He wasnt given a fair go.

Four games under a new coach isnt a fair go

"He's a level-headed kid and he knows he needs to perform," Potter said yesterday.
"He also needs to be allowed to make a few mistakes, because young players will make mistakes. The main thing is that they learn from them and you can cope with that. He'll get a good run."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-tigers-halfback/story-e6frepao-1226549168186

You can pretend all you want just to try and win some petty forum debate...4 games isnt a fair go

Releasing a halfback when you dont have another to replace him with is NOT a 'better option'

Tiger05

First Grade
Ink - your opinion is he didn't get a good go. I think he had close to 10 games in first grade and was given a fair go.

At the end of the day its an opinion.

I have no problems with the clubs decision. Some will agree with the decision. Some won't. At the end of the day he is gone.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He didn't get a fair go. Just 9 games, almost half were off the bench or out of position over 3 years. How the f**k can any player prove their worth with that.

That is nowhere near close to a fair go. Your opinion on this matter is an outright lie.