What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SJ.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

I actually really disagree with what Shaun is saying here and it annoys me that players can pretty much guarantee that they can say stuff like this and get lavished with support. I think it's dumb, wrong, doesn't make sense and in a way is actually really disrespectful to the fans.

However, there's probably no point me getting into this topic as I am obviously biased and trying to justify my own behaviour lol.

sup42

Juniors
or wait until they start to show some promise and then send them to the storm in exchange for a bag of beans
Well this is what we are up against.

Our history is horrible.

However McFadden is clearly well ahead of our past scouts in the way he sits down in peoples homes and talks to parents about why their kid should take up a Warriors contract.

Unlike Queensland and NSW, the Warriors development program competes against a much larger sport for talent within its territorial boundaries.

The targeting of Union players who were not proven really started in earnest in McFaddens era as coach. Mcfadden came to us as an under coach in 2012 and started looking at our Union talent and players outside the traditional Auckland catchment. Ngani Laumape was a Palmerston North Union get by McFadden in Cappys early years at the Warriors.

Fortunately Mark Robinson was smart enough, and Cam George, to bring McFadden back and give him the sole focus of finding players that the Australian systems usually take out for from under the NZWARRIORS noses rather than the Warriors narrow Auckland patch.

Mcfadden signed the best of our School boys champions including the new Baby beast Lennox Tuiloma and this signals a watershed for the Warriors, signing the stars of South Island teams.

Also McFadden headed the new trial concept where the baby Warriors play against the best of the rest from primarily Auckland labelled the Pasifika Aotearoa collective.

Essentially creating a test for the new Warriors pathways versus the old Warriors Auckland pathways.

It was tough game despite Mcfaddens NZ wide baby side giving the Aucklands Junior bests a hiding on the score board.

You can see where this is coming from and going, the Warriors under McFadden are hunting the players the Storm and others have had free reign to pluck from here because of the past Warriors ignorant reliance of St Pauls College, De La salle, MAGS, Kelston, etc......

No more going for John Ackland big Auckland Island boys exclusively, Mcfadden is signing Big Island Boys, hearty Maori, and rugged Pakeha by the truck load, their CV as league players does not matter, Union rejects welcome. And Mcfadden has signed more baby Aussies than this club has ever seen.

The guy is maniac scout and building something we have never had. Probably the most important person at the Warriors.

All ready we have deeper cover from the NSW cup than most sides since Daniel Anderson. This is only the second era since the 2002 squad that could pick a C team of no names and topple the Panthers, Dolphins and Cowboys three games in row.

Whatever is causing the rot with our same old line up, there is depth ready to kick those guys to the curb if they are not up to it anymore, which is why Ï give them little quarter in threads. The future is very exciting for the Warriors if all the moving parts connect, I am prepared to wait. I know we have some of the best juniors in the competition.

The biggest risk I see to the Warriors is that they fire staff and therefore destroy any chance of continuity based off short term results (short term in my life time of this sport is firing people on a year by year judgement) I am heartened Webster has a five year contract, because it will take five years for our best players at this club to be NRL ready.

Last edited: