What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SJ.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
One surprising thing is Ah Van was all over Inu in the air, he got over Inu to bat the ball back for Todd Byrne twice, Byrne stuffed it up once and scored once.
superficially surprising but not surprising when you consider it in the context of Inu’s career- he was towards the end of his Eels stint so he was in bored low effort Inu mode, then he came to us, did superstar Inu for a year or two and got bored again…

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
superficially surprising but not surprising when you consider it in the context of Inu’s career- he was towards the end of his Eels stint so he was in bored low effort Inu mode, then he came to us, did superstar Inu for a year or two and got bored again…

That was Inu's rookie season

Matua

Bench
I recall seeing footage of him at the Dogs 20 year premiership reunion earlier this year in full Muslim attire looking like an absolute try-hard goof. The sad thing is he went down that path cos Mundine told him to. He's a follower who pretends he's a leader.
Who cares, most of the PIs in pro sport are religious and they all follow imported religions.

This thread has taken a few interesting diversions.

Can't remember when I joined, but I posted infrequently at first. Maybe around 2010? I think I started posting more when Cam George was getting overhyped - usually it takes being annoyed for me to be involved in things. :)

Dislike Tonga as well, I think I dislike hype trains in general (hence my dislike of all the Wahs b/s from the fairweather fans), dislike Taumalolo for it, but also Kidwell for being the root cause, but he's a Cantab so easy to hate.

I like SJ as a player, did well for himself with his missus too, fun player to watch, but he's not even close to he being the Warriors greatest, he's not even close to being the best 7.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I like SJ as a player, did well for himself with his missus too, fun player to watch, but he's not even close to he being the Warriors greatest, he's not even close to being the best 7.
Disagree there, he’s our equal best 7 with Jones, can’t really split their records.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I have Jones slightly ahead of Johnson but "on paper" there isn't much between them as Warriors. 12 seasons vs 11, 200+ games each, each made the finals 3 times and 1 grand final. In fact, each had essentially an identical finals record - out in the first week once, out in the grand final qualifier once, lost the GF once. Jones won 44% of his total Warriors games, Johnson won 45%.

Obviously there's a lot more to an individual player than team records, although marquee halfbacks tend to be judged heavily on team success. In terms of getting their teams across the line, SJ and SJ were about equal. Was Jones an outstanding player hamstrung by his team significantly more than Johnson was? Honestly that's not really how I saw it, or remember it.

Big Marn

Bench
I have Jones slightly ahead of Johnson but "on paper" there isn't much between them as Warriors. 12 seasons vs 11, 200+ games each, each made the finals 3 times and 1 grand final. In fact, each had essentially an identical finals record - out in the first week once, out in the grand final qualifier once, lost the GF once. Jones won 44% of his total Warriors games, Johnson won 45%.

Obviously there's a lot more to an individual player than team records, although marquee halfbacks tend to be judged heavily on team success. In terms of getting their teams across the line, SJ and SJ were about equal. Was Jones an outstanding player hamstrung by his team significantly more than Johnson was? Honestly that's not really how I saw it, or remember it.
Jones shoulda got that conversion..

Latest posts