What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky Cam

Does Sky Cam suck?

• Yes, it stinks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it rocks!

• Give it another chance

• Total voters

supermario

Juniors
The guys controling it had no idea how to use it !!!

It was all over the place, Made me sick at some points !

Thoug it is a good concept, they need some work on how and when to use it.

m0j0

Bench
Bugger...I didn't read the question properly and thought I was clicking on "No, it sucked"

The sky cam is actually a good idea, they just can't use it properly. The images sure was real blurry, like watching a game on VHS from the early 80's recorded on long play:roll:

ibeme

First Grade
It had the picture quality of a cheap web-cam, and they used it at the wrong time. Someone's already said that it'd be better for replays only, and I agree. Can do without it though

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
as Roy and HG called it, Dizzy Cam

I kept thinking I was gonna fall off my chair

JW

Coach
Picture quality was poor. And I think whoever was operating it didnt use it as well as they could've IMO. I'd possibly be prepared to give it another chance, but I think the sensible idea has already been mentioned - use it for replays.

I got a bit shitty when they used it on the first hit-ups after kick-offs, better veiwing from side on, not from behind the play.

Maybe it just doesnt suit certain styles of matches or simply our game in general, but I think for a start it needs to be used a bit better.

Much prefered the traditional side on view all in all though.

Cheers.

choc_soldier

Coach
madunit said:
Roy and HG absolutely hated it, and I'm with them

Like watching the game drunk. :lol:

It blew big time. It was quite grainy, at best.

Every second frame, it was buzzing through in the top part of the screen. Ruined the spectacle like that.

Whats Doing

Bench
It was very distracting when you saw the sky cam when watching from the normal angle. It looked liked it was one of the trainers getting in the way. It should only be used in replays unless they get better at using the technology.

Nook

Bench
The picture is always going to be a bit suss, by virtue of the nature of the camera they are using. What it lacks in quality, it theoretically makes up for by offering a completely different angle.

Keep in mind that this was 9's first shot at League with the SkyCam. They relied on it too much - chopping and changing in general play between two totally different points of view doesnt work. But, vast potential for replays etc. They will get it sorted. The BBC's sparing but effective use of SkyCam for the Challenge Cup final is a good example of how sucessful it can be.