What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SL Round 8 Results - Inc Leigh win & Leeds smashed!

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
St Helens 34 - 27 Bradford Att:12,364
Hull 15 - 21 Wigan Att: 14,172
Leigh 24 - 22 London Att: 3,201 :shock:
Huddersfield 26 - 12 Salford Att: 4,760
Leeds 28 - 44 Wakefield Att: 18,257
Warrington 44 - 12 Widnes Att: 10,061

I suggested last week that Leeds may go unbeaten and Leigh would never win :lol: Of the joys of being wrong!

Onya Leythers! Keep it up brothers!

ThrashViking

Juniors
I watched the Saints/Bulls game last night, Vinnie was fantastic - some of his offloads were excellent.
How dumb is Paul Deacon? What a dork.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
ThrashViking said:
I watched the Saints/Bulls game last night, Vinnie was fantastic - some of his offloads were excellent.
How dumb is Paul Deacon? What a dork.

T'was funny as! He turned around looking why everyone wasn't bouncing up and down celebrating the game he just won for them. Then he saw the score had been 28-26 and not the 26-26 he thought it was. A rueful look and a slap of his head and sprint back to the kick off. He would have looked quite good though had he not missed the second one!

bartman

Immortal
At last Leigh got one... ;-)

But you can't tip on form - London have been playing well but go down to Leigh, and Wakefield have been poor last few weeks and get up against Leeds. #-o

popman

Juniors
And to everyone who said Leigh wouldn't even get a point....UP YOURS!

Once we started to weed out the Aussie primadonna (Ferris) we start to win, hmmm clue there folks.
A big up to Craig Stapleton, Jason Kent & Marc Leafa - doing a fantastic job. NRL's lose is definately Leighs gain.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Good efforts by both Leigh and Wakefield,especially as Wakey were so poor on Friday.

Wigan did well to win too,they were missing nearly half their squad.De Vere made a break for a try with his first touch of the ball on debut at Huddersfield v Salford.

coldhardbitch said:
I'm just shattered that London and Leeds lost. There my favourites

Don't worry coldhardbitch remember London are 5th in the table, thats not too bad and Leeds are still top of the league !!! :D ;-)

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
lyon is a saint said:
TOP OF THE LEAGUE YOU HAVING A LAUGH :lol:

leeds = club full of arrogant tossers

PS. class team though
:?

Its a fair point. Tony Smith smacks of arrogance, he's perhaps the most arrogant coach I've ever seen, which is incredible seeing as he's only a junior. The comments he made when Leeds scraped in against someone last season by about 2 with a late try. Can't remember the opposition but his comments were all, "I wasn't worried, never doubted it, we were clearly better".

And Barrie Mac's comments about how the airport game is a bigger game than THE derby (Saints-Wigan) because Leeds are in it so the crowds are bigger!

And the army style exits from the pitch.

...Mark Calderwood...

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
To be fair though, I'm sure our own Ian Millward has said similar things in the past. Against Warrington recently? And Barrie Mac's comments are just one of many similar ones made by the Yorkies about the airport game.

I do take your point though. I just don't find them thatarrogant. Maybe because I'm judging them against Bradford "The people's team" Bulls from a couple of years ago :)

They're the world champions, have great youngsters and average over 15,000 in attendances. To be fair, you can probably excuse them for being a tad arrogant.

And it pains me to say that as a Saints fan. Especially after the game earlier that year :(

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
To be fair though, I'm sure our own Ian Millward has said similar things in the past. Against Warrington recently? And Barrie Mac's comments are just one of many similar ones made by the Yorkies about the airport game.

I do take your point though. I just don't find them thatarrogant. Maybe because I'm judging them against Bradford "The people's team" Bulls from a couple of years ago :)

They're the world champions, have great youngsters and average over 15,000 in attendances. To be fair, you can probably excuse them for being a tad arrogant.

And it pains me to say that as a Saints fan. Especially after the game earlier that year :(

We'll go with 'annoying' then shall we? :lol:

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
:lol: Yeah.

To be fair I can see where he's coming from now. I'll probably be calling them arrogant tossers myself if they end up adding the Challenge Cup to their collection :lol:

lyon is a saint said:

PS. class team though

Why don't you shut the Fu*k up you Pr*ck :x . Leeds are not an arrogant team at all !!!! how can you talk about arrogance when your coach is Ian " it was all the refs fault " Millward, now hes arrogant. People take Tony all the wrong way !! hes a sound guy and a great coach. Just because he doesnt get carried away and start throwing his arms around like a nobhead when something goes wrong unlike some coaches no names (Ian Millward) !!!

You should concentrate on your own team rather than slagging other Teams !!!!

p.s. sorry to all the other decent saints fans out there i dont mean any offence to you but im sorry i just cant stand Lyon_is_a_saint !!! hes a tit !!!!!!

lyon is a saint

Juniors
Rhinos_Till_I_Die said:
lyon is a saint said:

PS. class team though

Why don't you shut the Fu*k up you Pr*ck :x . Leeds are not an arrogant team at all !!!! how can you talk about arrogance when your coach is Ian " it was all the refs fault " Millward, now hes arrogant. People take Tony all the wrong way !! hes a sound guy and a great coach. Just because he doesnt get carried away and start throwing his arms around like a nobhead when something goes wrong unlike some coaches no names (Ian Millward) !!!

You should concentrate on your own team rather than slagging other Teams !!!!

p.s. sorry to all the other decent saints fans out there i dont mean any offence to you but im sorry i just cant stand Lyon_is_a_saint !!! hes a tit !!!!!!

now, now dear dont get excited.

listen ball sack each person to there own..... i can't stand leeds and you can't stand the most succesfull team in super league.... ok.

i never said tony smith if you bothered reading my post.... i was reffering to some of you'r arrogant fans and some players.... e.g bailey, bai' calderwood, mathers and walker.

PS. 1 league title in 30 years and they all come out in drobes.... go and climb under that log for next 30 years.... also calm down in future soft lad

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
fightsmiles.gif

Talking of which. See Solomona's punch against Hudds? What a beauty :lol: Not often you see them connect like that amongst the pushing about and verbals!