What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater and his errors

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Didn't think you'd have the balls to back up what you are implying, Frank.

So you assert cutie will be in the NRL in 2010. On of ya best :lol:

Congratulations on missing the point entirely - but missing the point is not a new concept for you is it now?

I've made no assertion that Hunt will be in the NRL in 2010, and I'd love to see you find any. Personally I'm sure he'll go - I actually posted that thought several months ago. But your query of no justification in selecting him for Origin 3, given he'll be leaving relies on no official confirmation that he is actually leaving. Until he confirms himself that he is leaving the NRL, he has every right to be selected for Origin 3, also supported by the work he did in 1 and 2. But I wouldn't expect your biased point of view to change, so for now I will continue to laugh at you.

BTW - ironic to hear you talk about balls, given your gutless departure from the New Moderators thread.

LOL @ gutless Misty.

Loudstrat

Coach
:lol::lol:

If you think he's going, don't you think the selectors might also know?

Or is it more important to find another way - any way - to give cutie a jumper instead of some other player who they will need next year?

Were you the chick in the toilet? I bet you would have loved to be.

BTW, nice avoidance of the cutie to Union thread. Off weeping, were you?

Tard.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
:lol::lol:

If you think he's going, don't you think the selectors might also know?

Or is it more important to find another way - any way - to give cutie a jumper instead of some other player who they will need next year?

Were you the chick in the toilet? I bet you would have loved to be.

BTW, nice avoidance of the cutie to Union thread. Off weeping, were you?

Tard.

Who cares if the selectors know he's going? He has not officially announced it, and his work in the first two games has earned him the spot.

BTW still nice avoidance of the New Moderators thread.

Coward.

Loudstrat

Coach
LOL. Anything to get cutie the jumper. And avoid the topic.

So why does cutie deserve another shot where he is pissing off and the likes of Gasnier didn't you dumb hypocrite?

Shorty

Staff member
Frank - There's a thread in the main forum that indicates that.
If so, he should not be included in the line up.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Frank - There's a thread in the main forum that indicates that.
If so, he should not be included in the line up.

Key word highlighted. If he made an announcement that he is going to be playing with the Timbuktu Terriers in the 2010 volleyball championships then that would be the case.

Nightward

Juniors
So if Hunt goes to Union he should not be selected?

Hypocrisy much? This time last year, Gasnier was signing on with Union as well. And he was selected for Origin and Australian rep duties, as well as being made the face of the World Cup, which he was never going to be in any way.

hellteam

First Grade
So if Hunt goes to Union he should not be selected?

Hypocrisy much? This time last year, Gasnier was signing on with Union as well. And he was selected for Origin and Australian rep duties, as well as being made the face of the World Cup, which he was never going to be in any way.

Gasnier was made the face of the World Cup before the Union thing, then it was changed to Lockyer (I think) after he announced the switch.... also I think he announced it after Origin so that's why he was selected in that.. and he didn't make the World Cup squad because of Union.

So going by that QLD won't (or shouldn't) pick Hunt, but I would like to see him there. Wouldn't really bother me if he wasn't though if he is going to Union.

Nightward

Juniors
It was known that Gasnier was off to Union quite early on in the piece. He was still selected for Origin.

Hunt's official statement on his future is, I believe, to be given following Origin 3.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It was known that Gasnier was off to Union quite early on in the piece. He was still selected for Origin.

Hunt's official statement on his future is, I believe, to be given following Origin 3.

Precisely, but apparently because it's Hunt, it's blatant hypocrisy.

Nightward

Juniors
No. Criticising one and not the other is hypocrisy.

Honestly, I would prefer it if Hunt did leave the Broncos. we have options at fullback- Hodges, Glenn, Yow Yeh, Folau, or maybe even have Lockyer move back and bring McCollough or Gorrel in as 5/8th to replace him. And then there are the young players coming up through the ranks that they would be better able to retain without the pressure exerted on the cap.

As far as Origin goes, if Gasnier was right to play despite the innuendo at the time, the same courtesy should be extended to Hunt.

hellteam

First Grade
Another shocker from Slater. Too many mistakes, didnt even look dangerous at all. Now I don't just think Hunt is a better Origin player, but a better player overall then Slater.

When Hunt injected himself in the fullback position we looked dangerous. And hunt is leaving. Sh*t

pnub

Juniors
Yes he made a few mistakes, as said he is prone to them at times with the way that he plays...
But he also made a few try saving tackles. One on Hayne, Watmough, Gidley and a broken play tackle on Jennings that would have more han likely resulted in a try if not made.
Now Hunt may not make as many mistakes as Billy but then again his defence is no where near as good as Billy's i mean seriously trying to shoulder charge TLL what the hell was going through his mind when he attempted that??? Not to mention the attempt on Barrett near the line as well which was laughable...
So while Slater is prone to silly mistakes at times some which can be extremely costly he's just as likely to have a moment of brilliance that can win a game. And also his defence goes un-noticed by alot of people but it is very good especially on the try line.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Once again Slater showed he is an error prone hack at the back. People talk him as though he is the 2nd coming of Langlands or Les Johns....he is a 2nd coming of Scott Mahon.