What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleeping problems.

joshie

Live Update Team
im not sure, but it makes sense in a way. i think when most people have visions its through dreams, and if we are just outside of our physical bodies when we sleep then maybe we are not limited as much as we are when we are inside of our physical bodies. you know it makes sense :lol:

haha yeah kinda. But would't being outside of our bodies defeat the purpose of sleep haha you know, resting. I know some guy who cracks on about being on some plane when he sleeps and one day told me he performed an exorcism in Italy...... :crazy:

macavity

Referee
I read somewhere that waking around 2am is something we are programmed for anyway. Sort of a "check everything is OK and go back to sleep" pattern, that a two stage sleep and not a solid 8 to 10 hours is perfectly normal, but that when people wake up at 2am they get anxious about it because they feel like they shouldn't be awake and that makes it hard for them to go back to sleep and then they think they have insomnia and it spirals from there.

Some commentary I saw elsewhere said to keep lights off or low, go and grab a drink of water, don't watch TV or log onto a computer, maybe check on the kids/dog/windows, hop back into bed and relax. Go back to sleep.

And make sure you have enough melatonin. Your hormone levels like cortisol can make you wake in the early hours as well. There are a few things you can check out.

Found it, the original artcle was wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmented_sleep :

my dogs wake me to take them out at 2am every night without fail... must be looking out for me.

on topic: squat moar.

Somebody farkin help me please :crazy:

I cannot sleep unless I am tired from staying up the night before. Yesterday I woke up at 1pm, after falling asleep at 4am, the day before, got to sleep at 10am and woke up at 3pm.

It is driving me nuts and I have no been to sleep since 1pm yesterday and I feel like shit, yet I cannot fall asleep.

I have epilepsy and I am not sure if that plays apart. SOMEBODY HELP!

Get a job is my first thought.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Read a nice book.

I suggest this:

51juoKz2LGL._BO2204203200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-clickTopRight35-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Last edited:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
When I can't sleep, I plus in my iPod and let it play. Sometimes I'll watch a dvd to help and reading a book is good, but my only problem with reading is, I think too much as I read and it makes me more mentally awake.

alien

Referee
haha yeah kinda. But would't being outside of our bodies defeat the purpose of sleep haha you know, resting. I know some guy who cracks on about being on some plane when he sleeps and one day told me he performed an exorcism in Italy...... :crazy:
but our physical bodies would be resting, and we wouldnt be conscious during most of it

did he describe the plane of existence?

on the exorcism in italy, have you seen the movie 'the devil inside?' :lol: