What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloan

Lovemedragons

Juniors
His high ball has improved. He is still caught out of position often and is a a poor front on defender near the line. Needs to put 5kgs on his frame
He has made a huge improvement with taking bombs and a small improvement in bringing the ball back - small. But he has stopped backing up, he could be causing real issues by following forwards like Sua and Couchman when they make their runs through the middle. His defence is a worry amongst the big boys too, its hard to say if he is going to make it in the long run.

slippery5

Juniors
His high ball has improved. He is still caught out of position often and is a a poor front on defender near the line. Needs to put 5kgs on his frame
I mentioned in another post, he is caught out of position because he gives up ground by tracking foward diagonally, instead of just crabbing across to cover the in goal kick, this gives away valuable metres that he always is trying to recover by chasing the kick backward with a charging kick chaser.

How long did we debate Dufty until we all decided he was just not up to standard? This all feels similar as much as I want Sloan to be the big star I know he can be.

I reckon if we had more strike out wide and far more intelligent halves suddenly Sloan is twice the player in attack. He is better suited as an added weapon then the primary source of points. His defensive game is improving and while not perfect in positioning, you'd still give him more time. However now it seems to have come at the cost of his sweeping runs/ backing up.

Considering we can't even replace Lomax yet, or get in any decent halves, we will just have to persist with him.

jeffdragon

Bench
He has made a huge improvement with taking bombs and a small improvement in bringing the ball back - small. But he has stopped backing up, he could be causing real issues by following forwards like Sua and Couchman when they make their runs through the middle. His defence is a worry amongst the big boys too, its hard to say if he is going to make it in the long run.
Look at the Storm Faalogo and Sharpe for Knighrs you can tell they are footballers and played a few games
Even Weekes for Raiders and Kini for Titans.
Sloan has played many more and we still don't know

Bin Chicken

Juniors
How long did we debate Dufty until we all decided he was just not up to standard? This all feels similar as much as I want Sloan to be the big star I know he can be.

I reckon if we had more strike out wide and far more intelligent halves suddenly Sloan is twice the player in attack. He is better suited as an added weapon then the primary source of points. His defensive game is improving and while not perfect in positioning, you'd still give him more time. However now it seems to have come at the cost of his sweeping runs/ backing up.

Considering we can't even replace Lomax yet, or get in any decent halves, we will just have to persist with him.
Dufty is 10x the player Sloan will be . We need to find a new Fullback if we are to move forward . Not attacking his character here but he is not a NRL player

Dufty is 10x the player Sloan will be . We need to find a new Fullback if we are to move forward . Not attacking his character here but he is not a NRL player
Not sure the disparity is that large. Both have been victims of playing alongside substandard backlines. Put Sloan or Dufty in at the Roosters or Storm and they’d look far superior. My point is neither are a silver bullet. We are in dire straits with our squad in the short term future and that’s what makes losses like this hurt as it will be more of the same next season.

TheRev

First Grade
I agree with all the negative stuff, but given there is noone better sitting in nsw cup, atleast hes doing a bit better with the basics...

Longer term I think the solution is we try get some skillful tackle breakers like Blaize or similar, if they kill it at training, it gives Flanno options to swap Sloan out, but until that happens, Flanno has to work with what hes got.

saint-stefano

Juniors

as much as i like sloan i think dufty was a much better fullback he scored tries and set plenty up with his bullet like passing game ....sloan only scores in open field breaks with his speed dosent set up to many tries,

Latest posts