What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow-Mo of Crocker/Slater Hit on Stewart

Schillaci

Juniors
crocker is a low merkin and a rubbish player. f**k him of f**king merkin. f**k melbourne pieces of sh*t.

Johns Magic

Referee
Danish said:
I would have liked to see Stewart take it too....

But unfortunately he dropped the ball cold. I've no idea how Manly ended up with the ball on that one.

Stewart had full control of the ball until he lost consciousness.

Danish

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Stewart had full control of the ball until he lost consciousness.

This isn't AFL....

We don't pay marks simply because the player held it long enough.

He dropped the ball as soon as Slater hit him. Crocker came over the top and ended up with it. It should have been a stoppage in play to allow Stewart to be carried off the field and then a play the ball to Melbourne.

innsaneink

Referee
kav said:
So you believe hitting someone around the head (while they are extremely vulnerable) is a manly act? Just look where Slater's arm is in relation to Stewart's head ie above it. These sort of tackles are used by the media to drag our game down, especially if they escape penalty

Kav

Its a tough game. At no time was slaters arm above stewarts head.

What do you want?>

Players get hit in the head all the time, most of it accidental...its how the game is, accept it.

Nothing illegal here.

Floods

Juniors
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
mate i have no problem with good old fashioned toughness......but the bottom line is that melbourne were too gutless to win the grand final on their own merits, they had to resort to take out one of our gun strike players (who all year has been instrumental in our second half comebacks) in a dog act of a tackle

Well in that case couldn't you also make the same argument with Lyon twice trying to take out Slater, oh no it was Slaters fault right:sarcasm: :sarcasm: ?

Floods said:
Well in that case couldn't you also make the same argument with Lyon twice trying to take out Slater, oh no it was Slaters fault right:sarcasm: :sarcasm: ?

ah, no....no i could`nt

lyon made a legal tackle that went wrong, unlike slater and croker who intentionally attacked the head of a player, have another look at the video at no time did slater or croker look at the ball, they were both looking to line stewart up

no one will change my mind, that melbourne, croker and slater are mangy dogs and they could not win the big match on their own merits

kav

Juniors
innsaneink said:

I agree that his arm did not do the damage but his shoulder appears to make contact with Stewart's head.

What do you want?>

Players get hit in the head all the time, most of it accidental...its how the game is, accept it.

Nothing illegal here.

Accidental or not, it warranted a penalty.

Kav

Spike

First Grade
I'm pretty sure Stewart did not mean to headbutt Slater's shoulder. No need for a penalty there

innsaneink

Referee
Wow.....arent you a f**king hero, changing my quote.

Shows just how much of an argument you have, doesnt it?

Just ftr...this is what YOU created

Originally Posted by innsaneink

I agree that his arm did not do the damage but his shoulder appears to make contact with Stewart's head.

What do you want?>

Nothing illegal here.
...and this is MY post.....

What do you want?>

Nothing illegal here.
Where'd that extra line come from??

kav

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Wow.....arent you a f**king hero, changing my quote.

Shows just how much of an argument you have, doesnt it?

Just ftr...this is what YOU created

...and this is MY post.....

Where'd that extra line come from??

I put it in after viewing the slow mo a second time (it seemed slower then).
ie I do admit mistakes when I make them.

Kav

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
In that super slow-mo there looks to be a head clash between Stewart and Slater before Crocker comes in for the shoulder charge.
Bingo!

Though I think the head-clash came as a result of Crocker colliding with Stewart, at no time did Crocker's shoulder hit Stewart's head. Crocker hit Stewart's entire body towards Slater, and Slater and Stewart clashed heads.

And yes, if Stewart jumped for bombs then this would never have happened. It was quite obvious that Bellamy coached them to charge downfield and smash him. Melbourne KNEW he wouldn't be leaving his feet.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
ah, no....no i could`nt

lyon made a legal tackle that went wrong, unlike slater and croker who intentionally attacked the head of a player, have another look at the video at no time did slater or croker look at the ball, they were both looking to line stewart up

no one will change my mind, that melbourne, croker and slater are mangy dogs and they could not win the big match on their own merits
So players now need to look at the ball when tackling a player now?

Stewart had the ball and they came in hard trying to force an error.

Now I've heard it all. Watch your skirt on your way out.

CharlieF

Juniors
B-Tron 3000 said:
Bingo!

Though I think the head-clash came as a result of Crocker colliding with Stewart, at no time did Crocker's shoulder hit Stewart's head. Crocker hit Stewart's entire body towards Slater, and Slater and Stewart clashed heads.

And yes, if Stewart jumped for bombs then this would never have happened. It was quite obvious that Bellamy coached them to charge downfield and smash him. Melbourne KNEW he wouldn't be leaving his feet.

That was a torpedo kick. It was coming straight down to Stewart. Melbourne knew he wouldn't be leaving his feet because to field that type of kick doesn't require you to jump up in the air. They passed it back 20 metres to give Inglis enough time to put it up high enough and accurately enough so that it doesn't require Stewart to have to run and jump up for the ball, but rather remain steady and in place to catch a ball that is taking a long time to fall and in the one trajectory. The defender in this situation doesn't need to adjust his style of play just to avoid a headshot from a defender. They can use this tactic all they like, if thats what the players want.

Interesting. One manly player can make a legal tackle, that goes wrong and becomes an illegal tackle resulting in suspensions(a tackle that could very well cause paralysis to the tackled player), and he's not a mangy dog, yet 2 melbourne fellows can make a 100% legal tackle, and they are mangy dogs.........

Ah logic, and how it seems to escape those whose team loses a grand final. You can attempt to insult the winning team all you like, but that wont change the fact that your side got smashed in a grand final. It could be worse, you could support Port Adelaide as well.

CharlieF

Juniors
Purtell The Turtle said:
Interesting. One manly player can make a legal tackle, that goes wrong and becomes an illegal tackle resulting in suspensions(a tackle that could very well cause paralysis to the tackled player), and he's not a mangy dog, yet 2 melbourne fellows can make a 100% legal tackle, and they are mangy dogs.........

Ah logic, and how it seems to escape those whose team loses a grand final. You can attempt to insult the winning team all you like, but that wont change the fact that your side got smashed in a grand final. It could be worse, you could support Port Adelaide as well.

You lose all credibility when you make up bullsh*t. What has that f**kin got to do with us discussing an illegal hit in the context of the NRL competetion.

The GF is over. Why don't you guys get over it. We Manly fans have. Can we now discuss issues related to the game. WE lost, we know. Please now can opposition supporters stop mentioning it and then blaming us for doing it. f**king annoying.

innsaneink

Referee
CharlieF said:
You lose all credibility when you make up bullsh*t. What has that f**kin got to do with us discussing an illegal hit in the context of the NRL competetion.

The GF is over. Why don't you guys get over it. We Manly fans have. Can we now discuss issues related to the game. WE lost, we know. Please now can opposition supporters stop mentioning it and then blaming us for doing it. f**king annoying.

us discussing an illegal hit

Why don't you guys get over it. We Manly fans have

LMFAO!

Cry me a river
ironicman.jpg

CharlieF said:

Does the Truth-Hurts Donut taste bitter?? Where have I made up anything in that post? In this thread, Crocker is referred to as a mangy dog, whilst Lyon is not. Lyon is defended in this very thread for
lyon made a legal tackle that went wrong
Still trying to work out where I made stuff up...I'm still after an explanation as to how Lyon can not be a mangy dog for actually performing an illegal tackle(an extremely dangerous tackle, just ask Jarrod McCracken), whilst someone that performs a legitimate tackle is a mangy dog?? Oh wait, we go back to logic, or lack thereof. Come up with a decent argument dude, because the dribble you've come up with is just that...dribble.

CharlieF

Juniors
Purtell The Turtle said:
Does the Truth-Hurts Donut taste bitter?? Where have I made up anything in that post? In this thread, Crocker is referred to as a mangy dog, whilst Lyon is not. Lyon is defended in this very thread for Still trying to work out where I made stuff up...I'm still after an explanation as to how Lyon can not be a mangy dog for actually performing an illegal tackle(an extremely dangerous tackle, just ask Jarrod McCracken), whilst someone that performs a legitimate tackle is a mangy dog?? Oh wait, we go back to logic, or lack thereof. Come up with a decent argument dude, because the dribble you've come up with is just that...dribble.

Made up, irrelevent. May as well be the same thing.

Why do you (and others)constantly bring up the "you lost" crap. We knows.

Your opinion is that it was a good legitimate hit by a good cleaner player. We got it. Thanks.