What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smartman..

Freak2

Juniors
The dogs had their chance to win the comp over the last 2 years. The players they have lost have not been replaced by the same quality. Especially up front. MOM leaving next year and again not much coming through that I can see (of that quality). Love seeing the dogs on the slippery dip!!

Without SBW they would be battling for the spoon ATM, and that is the problem with paying one of the best players to have played the game double what everyone else is on!!
This is Rugby League played by 13 not 1!!

You dogs supporters have been giving Eels supporters ample over the years and for now we are on top and we will give it back. 1 of the all time great rivalries in sport and yes it was very rewarding to not only beat them on Friday but also put their season in dire straights. OH WELL!!

goboggo

Juniors
The best thing the Dogs have going for them is that both the Broncos and Cowboys are hurting as well.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Coming 1st in PL, 2nd in Flegg and came close to winning SG ball and won the Mathews undefeated.

I don't think we have much talent in PL, there are a couple of good players. We have some awesome players running around in Flegg though.

goboggo

Juniors
And they'll all be shipped off to other clubs because Sonny is on a bazillion trillion dollars a year (that's about a bazillion per off field misadventure)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, don't make the mistake of thinking lower grade success necessarily bodes well for the future.

I used to believe that but only 17 of them can play first grade each week. That and the salary cap mean that there will always be a club with poor junior development that's ready to offer them more money and a regular first grade spot.

Sterling

Juniors
Smartman said:
Fantastic anology, thats why we are a powerhouse and have been for nearly 30 years :cool:

Occasionaly the Canterbury players doze off thinking its an easy opponent (ie Eels last fri night) You can tell from the kickoff the dogs players were not interested in playing Parra.

Its just another regular season game to them and they will fire come the semis (If they make it) :sarcasm:

Dogs not interested in playing parra? :lol: :lol:

they are always psyched at playing parra you tool .... they played out of their skins but came up short .....

just accept the fact that your team lost and stop embarrasing yourself with dribble posts .... :roll:

Smartman

Juniors
goboggo said:
And they'll all be shipped off to other clubs because Sonny is on a bazillion trillion dollars a year (that's about a bazillion per off field misadventure)

Hmm 400,000 a year is not much considering his value plus sponsorship endorsements that dont count towards the cap.

Hindmarsh will be on the same amount at the eels and i would know who i would pick to build a team around in the future :cool:

Smartman

Juniors
Sterling said:
Dogs not interested in playing parra? :lol: :lol:

they are always psyched at playing parra you tool .... they played out of their skins but came up short .....

just accept the fact that your team lost and stop embarrasing yourself with dribble posts .... :roll:

One more time for the uneducated.

Competing in a match doesnt mean they played anywhere near their best.

I know who played out of their skins and it wasnt Canterbury :cool:

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Parra can play far better than they did against the dogs on friday, smartman surely you got your name wrong.

Sterling

Juniors
Smartman said:

hey dumbass man .....

go steal a car :cool:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Smartman said:

I know who played out of their skins and it wasnt Canterbury

It was neither team.

We got an early lead and then just cruised. Every time you scored we scored another one. It was pretty easy in the end.:cool:

Suitman

Post Whore
Poupou Escobar said:
It was neither team.

We got an early lead and then just cruised. Every time you scored we scored another one. It was pretty easy in the end.:cool:

lol. So true. :lol:

Suity

eels_fan_01

Bench
Smartman said:

No your best preformances have been agaisnt Penrith.

Smartman

Juniors
eelavation said:
Hey Smarty nice to see that you've excepted the loss with gratitude as normal ;-)

Better team won for sure.

I've accepted the loss, Just saying the eels have peaked now while Canterbury can been seen to have a lot of an improvement. :cool:

Smartman

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
No your best preformances have been agaisnt Penrith.

Yeah the dogs put in the same performance last friday night than they did against the Panthers.

Doesnt hold much confidence for the eels :cool:

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Originally Posted by Smartman
Yeah the dogs put in the same performance last friday night than they did against the Panthers.

Doesnt hold much confidence for the eels :cool:

Wow this panthers team you speak of must be phenomenal :sarcasm: :roll:
Or maybe your team is sh*t and you can't hack it so you belittle parra instead
of worrying about you team :x :? which you should be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Smartman said:
Better team won for sure.

I've accepted the loss, Just saying the eels have peaked now while Canterbury can been seen to have a lot of an improvement. :cool:

We put together 2 good halves of football for the first time since the Tigers game. You could hardly call that a peak.

After putting that early lead on we cruised. The Dogs didn't defend too well but neither did we - it's just that every time you got close we managed to switch back on and extend our lead.

In the past 3 weeks we've gotten a good halftime lead against Manly, Brisbane and Souths and when we started cruising and the score got close we were unable to switch on to get the tries we thought would be so easy.

Luckily against the Dogs it was easy.

We only ever play as well as we have to (and we have to do better than that if we're going to be considered to have 'peaked'). If Mason, Patten and O'Meley had've played we wouldn't have had it so easy and we wouldn't have switched off like we seem to do when we run over the top of teams for 40 minutes.

We had you covered easily from beginning to end and still managed to cruise through the game. Whenever we needed a try we just went and took it. Easy.

If we play as well as we can for 80 minutes we can beat anybody and you know it.

You saying "the better team won on the day but Parra are crap" is you just being a sore loser.

Latest posts