What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Eels tell Vella he can go to Hull - but only if they get their new man

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Just a question, could it be O' Hara or perhaps Galloway?......if so i'd be very happy. As both these players didn't have great years by there standards.

O'Hara possibly but the Tigers are particularly short on props next year having lost Skandalis and Laffranchi (i'm aware he isn't a prop but he has played there for them).

As for Galloway what standard has he set in the past that was any better than this year? I'd rather sign Greg Drake.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Galloway showed awesome potential with the Sharks Colonel, big, strong tough forward who was a little disapointing with the Tigers this year, yet has very good potential to led a side, plus has age on his side.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Galloway showed awesome potential with the Sharks Colonel, big, strong tough forward who was a little disapointing with the Tigers this year, yet has very good potential to led a side, plus has age on his side.

You had me up until tough. I think he has potential but the bloke is a deadset pillow.....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Colonel said:
You had me up until tough. I think he has potential but the bloke is a deadset pillow.....

I watched him closely over the past 2 years, and before he went to the Tigers he was regarded as one of the best young frontrowers going around, alot so that Tigers fans were gloating how good there forward pack with him being added to the mix who won the GF.

Colonel he wouldn't be a bad buy to tell you the truth, he has the potential

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
I watched him closely over the past 2 years, and before he went to the Tigers he was regarded as one of the best young frontrowers going around, alot so that Tigers fans were gloating how good there forward pack with him being added to the mix who won the GF.

Two highlighted words. Two years and he still hasn't lived up to it. Cronulla fans were quite happy to see the back of him - which is quite unusual as they usually bitch and moan if its a junior with potential. And if he does hold so much potential it is highly unlikely the Tigers would want to release him anyway.

He doesn't use the size or strength that he has to an advantage and gets dominated often in tackles. Reminds me a little of the bloke that you want to get rid of actually.

We have better players in our lower grades with similar or better potential.

PJ Marshal

Coach
it probably be a michael hagan preferrd player and no doubt someone he was worked with in the past

it wont be carlaw no way..why would you leave the premiers ffs?

at this time of year i doubt much quality will come to the club or if they wud perform any better than vella

could be awen guttbeil lol didnt his deal fall apart like timmins?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Colonel said:
Two highlighted words. Two years and he still hasn't lived up to it. Cronulla fans were quite happy to see the back of him - which is quite unusual as they usually bitch and moan if its a junior with potential.

He doesn't use the size or strength that he has to an advantage and gets dominated often in tackles. Reminds me a little of the bloke that you want to get rid of actually.

We have better players in our lower grades with similar or better potential.

Ummm Colonel, Cronulla fans at the time were pissed off big time they did loose him, and at the same time Tigers fans were estatic.

Tim Sheens obviously rated him, and how many GF's has he won?

:lol: Good point Colonel, but a bloke like Galloway would run over Vella.

Frontrowers sometimes take longer to mature Colonel,

Ron Jeremy

Coach
PJ Marshal said:
it probably be a michael hagan preferrd player and no doubt someone he was worked with in the past

it wont be carlaw no way..why would you leave the premiers ffs?

at this time of year i doubt much quality will come to the club or if they wud perform any better than vella

could be awen guttbeil lol didnt his deal fall apart like timmins?

Josh Perry, Dan Tilse....Steve Witt lol

Stagger eel

Staff member
from what i hear Galloway is on 220K +....that's ludicrous to say the least.

Bring on Carlaw.

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:

What the hell do you watch Balmain/Ryde-Eastwood games for?

The guy is soft and would struggle to make the premier league side at Parra. If he were actually playing regular NRL footy he would give Anasta a run for most overrated in the RLW players poll.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
from what i hear Galloway is on 220K +....that's ludicrous to say the least.

Bring on Carlaw.

The bloke obviously done some good things wth Cronulla to warrant that money...........;-)

I wouldn't pay that much, but i'd take Galloway for $120,000.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hindy Rulz said:
What the hell do you watch Balmain/Ryde-Eastwood games for?

The guy is soft and would struggle to make the premier league side at Parra. If he were actually playing regular NRL footy he would give Anasta a run for most overrated in the RLW players poll.

:? Is that why he was a regular in the west Tigers GF pack this year.

I think your getting confused with O'Harar, he's the one that hasn't done bugger all since 2004.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
The bloke obviously done some good things wth Cronulla to warrant that money...........;-)

Or he is being paid based on potential...... either way he isn't worth it.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
:? Is that why he was a regular in the west Tigers GF pack this year.

I think your getting confused with O'Harar, he's the one that hasn't done bugger all since 2004.

I think the confusion lies with you Ronny. Galloway played 12 games for the Tigers this season, O'Hara 22.

Hardly regular even given their injury woes. ;-)

Latest posts