What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Eels tell Vella he can go to Hull - but only if they get their new man

PJ Marshal

Coach
he was allright at the sharks didnt set the world on fire but

probably the time hwe was in the spotlight the most was when hoppa axed him

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
:? Is that why he was a regular in the west Tigers GF pack this year.

I think your getting confused with O'Harar, he's the one that hasn't done bugger all since 2004.

12 games hardly makes him a regular. When you take into account the amount of injuries the Tigers had, he should have played a lot more than 12 games.

Galloway=dud

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Ummm Colonel, Cronulla fans at the time were pissed off big time they did loose him, and at the same time Tigers fans were estatic.

Most Cronulla fans on here were laughing at Tigers fans for talking him up.

Tim Sheens obviously rated him, and how many GF's has he won?

:lol: Good point Colonel, but a bloke like Galloway would run over Vella.

Frontrowers sometimes take longer to mature Colonel,

They sometimes do but in todays day and age its either the quick or the dead. Sometimes even the experts get it wrong Ronny......

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hindy Rulz said:
12 games hardly makes him a regular. When you take into account the amount of injuries the Tigers had, he should have played a lot more than 12 games.

Galloway=dud

So i'm assuming you took into account the 6 or 7 games he missed at the start of the year through injury........

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Is Frank Puletua still trying to get out of his Titans deal to stay in Sydney?

*edit - scrap that thought. I don't think he'd be looking at an ESL offer as well*

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Colonel said:
Most Cronulla fans on here were laughing at Tigers fans for talking him up.

Probably at the price tag, but many of whom i know for a fact were pissed off big time when he was signed

They sometimes do but in todays day and age its either the quick or the dead. Sometimes even the experts get it wrong Ronny......

True, but Vella is 28 going on 29 and he still hasn't.

I believe if Galloway has an injury free next year, we'll see the best of him.

Hindy Rulz

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
So i'm assuming you took into account the 6 or 7 games he missed at the start of the year through injury........

Well going by his effort against Parra in a trial at cabra I don't really think he would have figured in the selections too often and I think Sheens was of the same opinion.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:

Well Ronny from what I can gather from the Ryude Eastwood site he was named to play in and played in at least ten games during the regular season (taking into account I can't find all team lists)

10 + 12 = 22 plus two byes = 24 games. Included as part of that is the fact that he was eligible for the PL finals so he would have had to played during the last five weeks.

How long was he out for again?

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
Is Frank Puletua still trying to get out of his Titans deal to stay in Sydney?

*edit - scrap that thought. I don't think he'd be looking at an ESL offer as well*

last i heard He was close to getting a release from the titens and heading to the West Tigers but that was ages ago..

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd be looking at Newcastle and Roosters players as the most likely to be honest. The way I see it, there must be some Knights players keen to stick with Hagan, and there must be some Roosters players pissed off that the coach they signed on to play under has gone and been replaced by Chris Anderson. Now, other than that piece of logic, this is pure speculation so take it as such, but I'd be looking at perhaps David Shillington, Shane Shackleton, Josh Perry, Adam Woolnough or (more likely) some Knights and Roosters junior props...just a thought...

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Bazal said:
I'd be looking at Newcastle and Roosters players as the most likely to be honest. The way I see it, there must be some Knights players keen to stick with Hagan, and there must be some Roosters players pissed off that the coach they signed on to play under has gone and been replaced by Chris Anderson. Now, other than that piece of logic, this is pure speculation so take it as such, but I'd be looking at perhaps David Shillington, Shane Shackleton, Josh Perry, Adam Woolnough or (more likely) some Knights and Roosters junior props...just a thought...

Too much common sense mate but I do like your thinking. Those two roosters props are not too bad

strider

Post Whore
PJ Marshal said:
it probably be a michael hagan preferrd player and no doubt someone he was worked with in the past

it wont be carlaw no way..why would you leave the premiers ffs?

at this time of year i doubt much quality will come to the club or if they wud perform any better than vella

could be awen guttbeil lol didnt his deal fall apart like timmins?

could PJ be on he money here?

strider

Post Whore
well the player was supposedly "considering an UK offer" .... i think its gotta be someone older - he seems to fit the profile

Latest posts