What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH:Finch asks for time to develop at Eels

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
Are you talking about his manhood or should I say his bannanarama?? I am shocked Colonel.......just shocked!! ;-)

Smartarse..... :lol:

I'm talking about the fact we had lost Patty Richards with his broken leg and Burty being tackled short in the left hand corner of Telstra Stadium and being short of the tryline even after he tried to strecth his arms out. Had he been a bit taller it would have been a try.

league_rules

Juniors
If Eeels fans give Finch a chance he could turn out to be a better player than he already is. Thats why Finch suffered at the Raiders and the Roosters because he copped so much crap from the fans. We saw what he could do for NSW in game 1 last year but if eels fans give him crap he might play like he did in game 2 at Lang Park. So just give him some time.

The Colonel said:
Smartarse..... :lol:

I'm talking about the fact we had lost Patty Richards with his broken leg and Burty being tackled short in the left hand corner of Telstra Stadium and being short of the tryline even after he tried to strecth his arms out. Had he been a bit taller it would have been a try.

damn i thought Burty and yourself could have been an Item or something;-) ....... yeah i remember that play. That was one loss were I actually walked out proudly after the game.

mohawk

Juniors
league_rules said:
If Eeels fans give Finch a chance he could turn out to be a better player than he already is. Thats why Finch suffered at the Raiders and the Roosters because he copped so much crap from the fans. We saw what he could do for NSW in game 1 last year but if eels fans give him crap he might play like he did in game 2 at Lang Park. So just give him some time.

YEAH I AGREE... oops caps lock:(

Freak2

Juniors
Who else was sh*tscared of the broncs in 2001 after that memorable loss in 2000!

Just made that semi final win worth so much more. Not only making the GF for the first time since 86, but beating the Bronco's after they beat us the year before.

It was great to see Smithy get one over his arch rival bennett as well!!

LR - I concur!! Finchy will get 100% support from me, and I promose to be patient. No matter how hard it is! But the best way to gain support from any fan base is getting in there and giving it your all. That's all anyone can ask for, and I'm sure given a new environment he will be doing that!!!

GO FINCHY!!

Both our halfs need the forwards to be on their game. If that doesn't happen they will have no chance. if Cayless play the way like he did for NZ, I will be very happy. I haven't seen him run like that for 5 years.

Parra Guru

Coach
I'll back Finch. I think if we could be the most dominant side in 2001 on the back of JT and Buetts, then we can do it with Finch and Smith. No one rated JT at all before then, and we threw him a life line, it will be interesting to see if Finch can repay the faith in the same way.

The Colonel

Immortal
lucablight said:
JT played origin. Someone must have rated him.

I think most are talking about after the 2000 season. He had to write a letter asking for a chance here otherwise he was going to retire.

Parra Guru

Coach
Did JT actually play a game of origin in 93? Or was he on the bench? Brett Finch also played origin and still not many rate him.

Not many people in RL circles liked JT and he wasn't the greatest of halfbacks especially in the 90's lined up against names like Stuart, Langer, Johns etc.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So did Finch play OK in the trial? Or was he, as reports state, less than impressive?

Because I heard on this board that he was one of our three best (the other two being Nathan Cayless and Fuifui Moimoi), and to be honest, I respect your opinions much more than some journalist with an axe to grind.

Pazza

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
I'll back Finch. I think if we could be the most dominant side in 2001 on the back of JT and Buetts, then we can do it with Finch and Smith. No one rated JT at all before then, and we threw him a life line, it will be interesting to see if Finch can repay the faith in the same way.

2001 we had taylor, buettner, drew, marsh, hodgson, ryan and solomona all as points of attack. i dont think we have that kinda stike power this year

The Colonel

Immortal
Pazza said:
2001 we had taylor, buettner, drew, marsh, hodgson, ryan and solomona all as points of attack. i dont think we have that kinda stike power this year

Riddell, Marsh, Burt, Finch and Timmy - quite possible to add Mateo, Fa'aoso and Tahu to that as well. Might not be at that level yet but even those guys above took time to find their way....

eelz47

Coach
The Colonel said:
Riddell, Marsh, Burt, Finch and Timmy - quite possible to add Mateo, Fa'aoso and Tahu to that as well. Might not be at that level yet but even those guys above took time to find their way....

ahem, where is fui ??????????????????????????

Latest posts