What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Keating future on hold

fish eel

Immortal
I certainly wouldnt be dropping Mortimer on the back of one bad game, particuarly when for 60 minutes he was playing behind a horrible pack that gave him nothing

eel01s

Bench
I thought all our halves/hookers were terrible in attack today. Only good point was Robson's defence.

caylo

Bench
Mortimer was pretty bad, KK has got to be starting next weekend.

To be honest i think we will see KK and Mortz in the halves with Robo coming off the bench. Something has to be done with Mortz defence thou, alot of those tries down our left side was bad communication with him and Tahu.

bartman

Immortal
I'm feeling long term (eg 2011-12):

6. Mortimer
7. K Keating (re-sign him)
9. TBC (unsure about re-signing M Keating yet, but A Mitchell has a long way to go)
14. TBC (Robson, then someone else as the season progresses and/or Robson retires)

But this season at the moment, I personally reckon we need to stick with:

6. K Keating (playing one side of the ruck)
7. Robson (playing the other)
9. M Keating (because there's no one else)
14. Mortimer (comes on and adds some spark at 6 or 7, with that player giving MK a break and changes it up at dummy half).

Mortimer is just too predictable at the moment, the opposition are reading his attack, shutting him down easily, and Tahu is catching a cold. Mortimer's skills would go well in this team off the bench.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Matt keating is the one that is garbage!!!!!

I thought he was a man???.... hhmmmm.... ok....
garbage-dependence-lg.jpg

yy_cheng

Coach
Although I don't really think that much of Mortz as a dominating half as yet, his determination to backup and chase bombs is essential.

Tahu's try would not have been scored if it wasn't for MOrtz.

However, he really needs to communicate with Tahu in defence as someone mentioned earlier and don't put oake one in from Tahu ffs.

How about Keating's pass to Reddy...it was 6 meters forward.

If the touch judges were watching, that would have cost us the game. He crumbled under the pressure of the moment

Kornstar

Coach
How about Keating's pass to Reddy...it was 6 meters forward.

If the touch judges were watching, that would have cost us the game. He crumbled under the pressure of the moment

There are plenty of those passes that are missed every week that lead to tries, I think you are being a little harsh!

lingard

Coach
he looked sooooooooooooo much better at halfback than he does playing hooker

Well, Kris Keating might have LOOKED soooooo much better at half (was it his hair, or the way he carried himself, or just your imagination?) but he sure as hell didn`t DO any more than Robson. Less, actually.
I`m not saying he won`t develop into a terrific little half back (and if and when he does, I`ll be cheering him on, don`t worry about that), but for the moment, a bit of reeeeaaaalityyyy. Please.

lingard

Coach
Robbo repeatedly saved us on Sunday. He's a tough bugger, I like that about him.

Yep. Take him out of the team and watch how many tries we let in. I don`t care whether he plays half, five-eight, hooker or lock; he needs to be on the field for 80 minutes in my opinion.
But I`d keep him at half until our forwards get fit and we stop dropping the ball. It`s unfair to judge his halfback abilities under the present conditions. To me he`s already showing some improvement on last year. His kicking game is better (look closely) and last week he made a break that led to a try; yesterday he was involved twice in the play that led to Grothe`s try.

Last edited:

Latest posts