What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Rail threat to Bulldogs

bobmar28

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
I don't believe the article was claiming that, so jump off the front foot and get onto the back foot. In fact just sit down altogether.
The whole article implies Bulldog fans were resposible for all those events which is untrue.
Mind you if much more of this sort of stuff is proven I'll have to find another club to take the family to.

innsaneink

Referee
bobmar28 said:
The whole article implies Bulldog fans were resposible for all those events which is untrue.
Mind you if much more of this sort of stuff is proven I'll have to find another club to take the family to.

Actually it doesnt, immediately reading it I found myself thinking how the two youths at Richmond, the dude with the club and the molotov incidents probably werent committed by dogs fans.

Train crews are threatening to boycott services to and from Bulldogs rugby league games after a series of violent attacks, some involving the team's fans.

mattyg

Bench
and now apparently we're responsible for stuff that happens on the Richmond line??! ridiculous.

i can only wonder what people who aren't as wise as ink here would be thinking about the dogs this week.

gutter journalism this article.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
***MH*** said:
how do they know that they were dogs jerseys fom a moving train.... they could have been north melbourne kangaroo jerseys if they looked close enough....:sarcasm:

North Melbourne don't have any fans.

Ice777

Bench
Timmah said:
Aren't they just the "Kangaroos"?

Correct. The old diehards still like to call them North or North Melbourne but they dropped that name about 8 years ago.

big pat

Coach
as far as i know, trains terminate at bankstown on weekends, and are replace by buses to lidcome station, anyway we know what the media are about, never let the truth get in the way of a story.

meltiger

First Grade
^^ Actually the club song still refers to North Melbourne. They are the North Melbourne football club, competing as the Kangaroos.

But yes, they have no fans ;)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Their logo is

KANGAROOS
North Melbourne Football Club

meltiger

First Grade
^ Are you a football club member Tim?

If so, are you a member of the Bulldogs RL club or the Canterbury-Bankstown DRLFC ? My guess would be the latter? Regardless of what the fixture may read.

The Western Bulldogs down here are exactly the same, if you ever read their financials, they are the 'Footscray Football Club, trading as the Western Bulldogs'

meltiger

First Grade
They actually call it the Bulldogs RL club? Even the financials? Well there you go, learnt something new :) I always assumed it to just be a 'cosmetic' club name change.

Your friend is the ASIC website... The name of the Football club is officially:

"BULLDOGS RUGBY LEAGUE LTD"

If you do an ASIC search for the name of the organisation you get...

"Former Name(s)

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB LTD
CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN DIST RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB LTD"

Most of the NRL clubs still retain their DRLC or DRLFC LTD company name and limited by guarantee status. The Bulldogs are, however, special.

CharlieF

Juniors
Is it true about those Fans almost destroying a train carriage coming back from a Dogs game in June?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I would imagine it is and if it's widely known that they were 'Dogs fans by their jerseys, then I'm astonished no arrests were made and that it hasn't come out sooner.

chileman

Coach
Timmah said:
So if they can identify them by their jerseys why can't they identify them and f**king well arrest the idiots?

As for the rest of the accusations - people throwing molotovs at trains around Bankstown and Yagoona - where's the proof that it was Bulldogs fans - or even any sort of football fan?

Seems to me they've added some of CityRail's other vandalism problems and tried to make it sound like the club's responsible for all of it.
Timmah, I'd like to know what you were doing Monday night :sarcasm: ;-)

CharlieF

Juniors
Timmah said:
I would imagine it is and if it's widely known that they were 'Dogs fans by their jerseys, then I'm astonished no arrests were made and that it hasn't come out sooner.

It must piss you off that they just can't behave and insist on making the rest of the Fans look bad. If they thought about their actions, they would come to the same conclusion as you and me. I almost get the impression that this is the image they want to portray for their Fan base. I realise that its only a minority, but f**k they are an annoying bunch.

Latest posts