What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith has to go

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
'His time has come...Its time to say fair's fair.... How can we dance when the Beds are Burning'

If a jockey was battling to stay on a horse, he would be replaced. If a Fomula One Driver lost his nerve he would be replaced.
If the man directing a football team around the park has lost his nerve and form....replace him....and I don't care who with. It is my opinion he shouldn't be there in the form he is in.....He has lost the plot...

You referring to Tim or Brian???? :lol:

parra pete

Referee
This is not about Brian Smith v Tim Smith...It is about the 'driver of the team on the paddock being hopelessly out of form. Sorry if you don't understand that...Maybe if you took the blinkers off, sit down and watch the replay of last nights game and CONCENTRATE on Tim Smith's effort, particularly in relation to where he receives the ball, and where he passes it in relation to the defensive line.
If you still think he is entitled to be in first grade....that's your opinion and you are entitled to it...and it means I know nothing about Rugby League..

parra pete

Referee
<UPtheEELS> said:
Timmy has never been a big runner of the ball. Watched him since Flegg and has always relied on his kicking and passing game. Both have been quite poor this season. He has so much potential but is struggling big time atm.

The understatement of the year!!!:shock: :shock: :shock:

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
This is not about Brian Smith v Tim Smith...It is about the 'driver of the team on the paddock being hopelessly out of form. Sorry if you don't understand that...Maybe if you took the blinkers off, sit down and watch the replay of last nights game and CONCENTRATE on Tim Smith's effort, particularly in relation to where he receives the ball, and where he passes it in relation to the defensive line.
If you still think he is entitled to be in first grade....that's your opinion and you are entitled to it...and it means I know nothing about Rugby League..
I'm not blind so no I don't think Tim should be in first grade, but I also believe Brian shouldn't be there either for the exact same reasons as I feel he has had a far worse effect on the team over a longer period than Tim ever will. ;-)

Not arguing with you, I'm just amused how you can see one so clearly yet be so blinded to the other.

Kornstar

Coach
So Pete, according to you, Tim Smith is the sole reason the team is going bad?

He must be as good as Andrew Johns then........he got there pretty fast hey?

You too have the blinkers on if some of us have the blinkers on because the whole team is poor, including the coach.......

Has it occured to anyone that maybe with all the changes happening that maybe the club as a whole is finding it hard to focus????

Our defensive coach left us, our Assistant coach wants to leave, a player who left us during a season is going to be re-signed and our coach is going.......that is a whole lot of uncertainty......i am not saying it is acceptable but serioulsy to lump this all on 1 kid, that is a bit harsh and people are beggining to sound like Ray Hadley.......the person we all criticised for having an agenda against Brian Smith and we weren't going to stand for it!! Why is it ok for us to do it against our own players????????

parra pete

Referee
[quote=Kornstar]So Pete, according to you, Tim Smith is the sole reason the team is going bad?

That is EXACTLY what I am saying...Thank God you have finally realised it.

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
[quote=Kornstar]So Pete, according to you, Tim Smith is the sole reason the team is going bad?

That is EXACTLY what I am saying...Thank God you have finally realised it.

LOL, all you need now is to get your great super coach see it as clearly as you. You redifne the meaning of hypocrisy :lol:

Dropping tim won't change how we play, Brian has to go for that to happen.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Kornstar said:
the person we all criticised for having an agenda against Brian Smith and we weren't going to stand for it!! Why is it ok for us to do it against our own players????????

Beacuase pete(not just pete) is a fickle fan and needs a scapegoat.....

Lets see next week we drop tim smith and we get belted hmm who should we blame next how about grothe? yeah he'll do.:roll:

parra pete

Referee
Fickle. My first game at watching the Parramatta side play was in 1958. I have watched the side collect wooden spoon after wooden spoon. Fickle, don't me make laugh...More like a realist who WATCHES games and SEES things...
I have reported on football since the early sixties. My first articles on Rugby League first appeared in the Daily Telegraph in 1963. I have written for the Sun Herald, and also Rugby League Week.
I would like to think that I have a good knowledge of Rugby League.
After almost 50 years of support for Parramatta (The Fruit Pickers, the Bush Boys and finally the Eels) I resent the implication that I am 'fickle' and YOU certainly don't have the right to brand me as such....

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
Fickle. My first game at watching the Parramatta side play was in 1958. I have watched the side collect wooden spoon after wooden spoon. Fickle, don't me make laugh...More like a realist who WATCHES games and SEES things...
I have reported on football since the early sixties. My first articles on Rugby League first appeared in the Daily Telegraph in 1963. I have written for the Sun Herald, and also Rugby League Week.
I would like to think that I have a good knowledge of Rugby League.
After almost 50 years of support for Parramatta (The Fruit Pickers, the Bush Boys and finally the Eels) I resent the implication that I am 'fickle' and YOU certainly don't have the right to brand me as such....

Thats a good list..
But i stand by what i said...

Eelementary

Post Whore
strider said:
yeah you are really onto something there :roll: .... I think brian is instructing him to throw a few forward passes and silly inside balls to guys in no position to catch it. :roll:

but having said that - I don't think timmy is going that bad - he's making mistakes just like he did at times last season - but the team as a whole is going poor now, so timmy gets made a target :roll:

:roll:

Yep. Brian is completely innocent eh.

Not the point I made at all.

Tim is not using kicks like the grubber and chip as much or as effectively as last year. He's not using his long passing game as much as he was last year. He's delaying his short passes and it often results in players over-running the ball or a forward pass.

But no - it's ALL Tim Smith's doing. :roll:

parra pete

Referee
You have to earn respect and the right to criticise - and you do not have the right to call me 'fickle', nor have you earnt it.

CrazyEel

Bench
Y2Eel said:
Thats a good list..
But i stand by what i said...

Well said!

As I have followed them for just as many years and watched just as many games as him and I still don't agree with him then obviously the basis of his argument is flawed. Neither age nor quantity of games watched makes one's opinion any more valuable than anyone else's and it certainly doesn't make one any more realistic nor prevent one from seeing whatever they want to see based on their own personal prejudices.

To me the on field problems in the team were well and truly evident long before Tim Smith ever came on to the scene so to lay all the blame at his feet is ridiculous and unrealistic, but that's just my opinion. :D

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
Tim Smith does not deserve a first grade spot. He refuses to run the ball, or take it to the line and his kicking options are poor. His confidence is way way down. Needs a stint in Premier League...He is not First grade standard IMO.
For instance,watch him on the final try scored by Raiders Purtell. He received the ball at least ten metres from a defender and instead of taking on the line, shovelled it out to Tahu or Grothe. He is very very ordinary in my opinion.
Jeremy Smith or PJ Marsh to half back...or even J Morris. Anyone BUT Tim Smith.

What ever. If making that statement makes you feel better about Tim Smith's current form, go for it....;-)

parra pete

Referee
After today, I still think he needs to be relegated to PL to get some confidence back.. He was bloody ordinary again. His general kicking was terrible....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tim was certainly better than last week, however I still lean towards giving him a stint in reserve grade to work on his confidence and execution.

PIG

Juniors
Yep- the other guys outside him have no idea what he's doing. A stint in premmies to work on his communication, execution and confidence is needed + larning how to win and control games again.

Avenger

Immortal
PIG said:
Yep- the other guys outside him have no idea what he's doing. A stint in premmies to work on his communication, execution and confidence is needed + larning how to win and control games again.

What do you think about Blake Green being given a go at 7 ?