What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith has to go

Kornstar

Coach
Most of the team should be dropped to P/L, they were all better today, however there is no enthusiasm, P/L today showed enthusiasm, they were a bit slow to start, despite scoring early tries, but they eased into the game and really picked up intensity, Flegg and Firsts just can't get themselves up for long enough to make a dent in the opposition, there a glimpses, but nothing sustained!!!!

It is very frustrating.......hopefully they can build on today's game this Friday against Penrith......

Timmy was certainly better today than last week, atleast he had Morris to take some pressure off him.......although today i think 4 crucial dropped balls, Morris, Petersen, Fuifui and Widders, really summed up our day.......if one of those passes stuck there would have been a different outcome IMO.......

Not totally defending Timmy, i just think he improved on last week, i think the whole team improved on last week and the Morris/Smith combo needs to be in place next week, Cordoba needs to be there, Taia needs to come back for Hindy, Hayne, Reddy or Williams need to come in to cover Tahu......

PIG

Juniors
Avenger said:
What do you think about Blake Green being given a go at 7 ?

Be throwing him into the fire a bit wouldn't it? I reckon PJ or Jeremy Smith should go in there and just do the basics.....control where guys are running and concentrate on effective kicks- see how it goes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
Be throwing him into the fire a bit wouldn't it? I reckon PJ or Jeremy Smith should go in there and just do the basics.....control where guys are running and concentrate on effective kicks- see how it goes.

Jeremy and John will do me at the moment, Jeremy's an old fashoned half who although doesn't set the world allight, has the ability to show some composure out there.

strider

Post Whore
I fear dropping timmy might set him back a bit ..... might smash his confidence even more???? ... dunno - just a feeling i have

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
I fear dropping timmy might set him back a bit ..... might smash his confidence even more???? ... dunno - just a feeling i have

his confidence is being shot each week, playing in a more substandard comp where he can work on his Timing and cohesion, would be much better for his long term prospects imo, I stil believe his the long term answer to our Half back problem but I just think he needs a stint down there to work on a few things and get blokes like Inu and Hayne to familiarise themselves with him and get to know him, because I have no doubt that the three of them will be playing side next year, and won't be Premier league either.

strider

Post Whore
yeah i know that theory .... i just wonder if the actual "getting dropped" thing might knock timmy around a bit???

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
yeah i know that theory .... i just wonder if the actual "getting dropped" thing might knock timmy around a bit???

someone mentioned lastweek if Timmy losses the plot completely because he was dropped ala Michael Witt, than he probably shouldn't be in first grade, I believe Tim is capable of bouncing back, in fact I know he will, I just feel the stint there if Brian takes the plunge, will do more good than not.

just the way I see it.

strider

Post Whore
plus i am not sure anyone would actually do better for us at halfback...

pj - not really an 80 min half anymore i don't think
morris - well he seems to struggle at 5/8 at the moment - so ???
jeremy - maybe ... i didn't think he was a stand out
green - i think he'd suffer the same issues timmy does (the things that go with being young)

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
plus i am not sure anyone would actually do better for us at halfback...

pj - not really an 80 min half anymore i don't think
morris - well he seems to struggle at 5/8 at the moment - so ???
jeremy - maybe ... i didn't think he was a stand out
green - i think he'd suffer the same issues timmy does (the things that go with being young)

I would put Jeremy there, purely as a stopgap measure at the moment, he's a conservative style of a halfback who I believe could assist in cutting our error rate down at the moment.

parra pete

Referee
Every Club wants a half back... I think Brent Sherwin is excellent but he has issues, and is not off contract.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hellsy said:
Blakey aint ready as yet for 1st grade

I don't know whether he is or he isn't. I don't get to see that much of him.
What I do know is, I wouldn't be sticking him in the middle of this lot of First Graders at the moment. For someone so young, he needs to go in when our confidence is up, not when we are desperate.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Every Club wants a half back... I think Brent Sherwin is excellent but he has issues, and is not off contract.

That is not the first time you have mentioned Brent. Are you sure you don't have any inside information suggesting he is unhappy at the Bulldogs, and is the second rate half back we are chasing under Hagan instructions??

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:
What I do know is, I wouldn't be sticking him in the middle of this lot of First Graders at the moment. For someone so young, he needs to go in when our confidence is up, not when we are desperate.

Suity

Yup that would be another reason, it'd probably shatter him for life :LOL: :LOL:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Suitman said:

Suity

I dunno about that,
Tim Smith came into first grade start of last year, and we were quite poor first 6-7 rds our confidence was terible (thrashings to souths/bronocs) Tim Showed signs in PL he could play, and showed promise early in first grade before going on with it for the rest of the year. He was given a go when the side was crap also........

Could be the same with Blake Green, Or do we just blood new guys when we are doing well? That doen't sound right to me.......

Stagger eel

Staff member
I have no doubt in the world that Tim is our future..he's just not quite the bloke we need there at the moment.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I have no doubt in the world that Tim is our future..he's just not quite the bloke we need there at the moment.

Yes, but maybe it is some of those around him that we don't need at the moment.

Suity