What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith has to go

eelsta644

Juniors
He bags other rep players eg tahu when he drops the ball. despite he stuffed up many of time. also Brian has to go f*** off

Daneel

Bench
Governator said:
We need to buy a halfback,

Sherwin and Finch are on the other from the club

Yeah Sherwin the answer to our prayers, look how well he has gone for the Bulldogs in the last two seasons. Get serious

pk76

Juniors
I agree with you, PP.

Before some people may accuse me of knee-jerk reaction, I felt for a long while that Tim needs a stint (even just one week) in the reserves.
1) His mental softness - Tim does not want to FIGHT/WORK for the win, IMO. He seems to be taking the game for granted. It is as if, he EXPECT things to fall into place rather than BATTLING for it.
2) Petulance rather than leadership- Yes I know he is young, BUT, he has not matured from last year. An example, last week against E-Girls when he received a bad pass and dropped the ball, instead of showing leadership he lost temper resulting in the taunting from the opposition.

I like most of us truly believe that Tim is our future. However dropping him for a week would give opportunity for character-building.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Governator said:
Tim Smith is sh*te...

Marsh for half.

We need to buy a halfback,

Sherwin and Finch are on the other from the club

When even one fan suggests we sign Finch to fix our halfback troubles, you know we're really struggling. It's a sad day for the club.

:(

But I agree, we do need to buy a halfback. None of our young guys have stepped up consistently, and while it's easy to blame Brian Smith, and I'm very tempted to as he's the only constant, there's just no real answer for it.

I wouldn't mark Tim with the "never to play first grade again" stamp just yet, I'd wait until Hagan has a chance to work with him first, but I'd be very encouraged to see us sign a halfback.

jayman

Juniors
dropping tim smith wont solve anything..... dropping him to PL will just show him how fickle the club is...

bloody.. stick with him.. u saw wat he did last yr... hes got talent.. hes got skill.. he just need confidence.. hes not going to get that if the clubs not behind him..

if he knows hes got the vote of the team to play the entire yr.. then theres no pressure for him to prove anything .. he obvioulsy just has to show some self value and patience...pride to lift his game

Avenger

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
When even one fan suggests we sign Finch to fix our halfback troubles, you know we're really struggling. It's a sad day for the club.

:(

But I agree, we do need to buy a halfback. None of our young guys have stepped up consistently, and while it's easy to blame Brian Smith, and I'm very tempted to as he's the only constant, there's just no real answer for it.

I wouldn't mark Tim with the "never to play first grade again" stamp just yet, I'd wait until Hagan has a chance to work with him first, but I'd be very encouraged to see us sign a halfback.

Jake the snake who has a keen eye for talent always said that Tim is good but Blake Green will be even better. I also heard that Blake had a good game at halfback in premmies.

jayman

Juniors
geez.. sherwin is just as good as kidley... and thats not saying much...

parra doesnt need to buy a half back...

pk76

Juniors
jayman said:
dropping tim smith wont solve anything..... dropping him to PL will just show him how fickle the club is...

bloody.. stick with him.. u saw wat he did last yr... hes got talent.. hes got skill.. he just need confidence.. hes not going to get that if the clubs not behind him..

if he knows hes got the vote of the team to play the entire yr.. then theres no pressure for him to prove anything .. he obvioulsy just has to show some self value and patience...pride to lift his game

Jayman,
I am not denying that he has got talent. If he fulfills his potential he may be the next Sterlo. However, in order for him to show self value (as you would put it) he needs some time in the reserves, IMO.

Kornstar

Coach
pk76 said:
IMO 7 Jeremy Smith
6 Morris/Widders

That partnership will lose you alot of games IMO, at this point in time the best partnership we have had since 2001 is Smith/Morris......maybe it was time to go back to that combo this week after Morris had picked up his form in the last 2 weeks!!!

Smartman

Juniors
jayman said:
geez.. sherwin is just as good as kidley... and thats not saying much...

parra doesnt need to buy a half back...

Sherwin had single handedly won Canterbury the premiership in 2004.

How many Parramatta halfbacks can say that over the past 2 decades?

strider

Post Whore
frankly i think this is a f**ked thread .... tim smith might not have had a blinder but he wasn't utterly sh*t either ... infact if a extremely marginal pass from timmy which put j smith in under the sticks wasn't called forward just before halftime things could have panned out very different.

1) Tim Smith DID run a few times tonight - broke the line once and could have setup a try with another run IF someone had supported him

2) No halfback is gonna look good when his team is f**king up like we did tonight .... yeah timmy f**ked up a few times himself, but lets not crucify him alone

3) We've gotta stick with him and live with some poorer games .... he's still our best 1/2 option ... and if the team lifts he'll get some more time to do his stuff

shiftysmith

Juniors
lets not forget that alot of people here were calling for johnnys head a few weeks ago now he is a favourite.the answer is not in the playing roster its beyond that...

jayman

Juniors
mate if hes that good where is he now???

as i said.. hes not better than kidley.. maybe even worse...

parra pete

Referee
Avenger said:
Jake the snake who has a keen eye for talent always said that Tim is good but Blake Green will be even better. I also heard that Blake had a good game at halfback in premmies.

What were the lower grade scores.
I had a very good mate who was Blake Green's manager. He told me at least two years ago that Blake Green was the next big thing at Parra.

pk76

Juniors
Kornstar said:
That partnership will lose you alot of games IMO, at this point in time the best partnership we have had since 2001 is Smith/Morris......maybe it was time to go back to that combo this week after Morris had picked up his form in the last 2 weeks!!!

I am not advocating that partnership for the remainder, only during Tim's stint in the reserves to get his head screwed back on. Smith/Morris combo is something I would like to see/support. IMO Brian Smith will bring this combo once both Tim and Morris find form.