What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith has to go

ParraAds

Juniors
Kornstar said:
Well i guess we have found this week's scapegoat!!

Poor Timmy......i didn't know that one player could lose the game for a team.......he must be as good as Andrew Johns if he has that effect on the team!!!

this weeks scapegoat? he has been extremely ordinary all season, tonight was simply the icing on the cake.

Avenger

Immortal
strider said:
well maybe i'll be proven wrong ... BUT there's a big difference between NRL and PL/schoolboys ..... I just don't know if another kid is gonna be a better option???

I agree, there is. But lets give it a try and look long term. The problem is Brian has no incentive to look long term at Parra.

strider

Post Whore
ParraAds said:
passionate my arse...hes a little punk....hes the one playing crap so he tries to shift the blame.

Andrew Johns plays like a gumpy clown when his team isn't performing - yet Andrew Johns is still the best player the game has ever seen.

Obviously I don't know exactly what he's saying to his teammates, but at least Timmy is passionate - something several of his teammates could do with a bit of

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
I remember Tim Smith's effort against the Cowboys in the preliminary final too..It hasn't improved since then either...

Neither has the rest of the team

ParraAds

Juniors
strider said:
Andrew Johns plays like a gumpy clown when his team isn't performing - yet Andrew Johns is still the best player the game has ever seen.

Obviously I don't know exactly what he's saying to his teammates, but at least Timmy is passionate - something several of his teammates could do with a bit of

It's about the only comparison you can make between 'Timmy' and Johns.

parra pete

Referee
Tim Smith is not THIS week's scapegoat. I think his form has been poor for a number of games, NOT JUST THIS WEEK....

parra pete

Referee
By the way, (exclusive) Simon Woolford is set to be snapped up by St George for 2007 season. Now there is a bloke who plays with plenty of passion

ParraAds

Juniors
What next? the Tim Smith lovers are gonna blame the forwards again for his sh*thouse display?

Moimoi and Vella were very strong, Cayless and Riddell made good metres, YOU CANNOT KEEP BLAMING THE FORWARDS!

parra pete

Referee
ParraAds said:
What next? the Tim Smith lovers are gonna blame the forwards again for his sh*thouse display?

Moimoi and Vella were very strong, Cayless and Riddell made good metres, YOU CANNOT KEEP BLAMING THE FORWARDS!

True. The forwards NEED to be guided around the paddock. Not set up for DUMPS.
I must admit, tonights game gave me the sh*ts.It reminded me too much of the prelim final of 2005.
I watched it on FOX with the old girl and even she (who knows very little about half back play) wanted to know why he didn't run with the ball!!!!

eelsta

Bench
jayman said:
morris / smith should be stuck with for the rest of the yr...

it took us to the minor premiership... i cant believe people cant rem that far back...

Exactly, some people have short memories

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
Krect..and I think it stems from the same cause. Lack of direction at the ruck area.

Well i happen to believe it stems from the coach........which one of us is right? It is hard to say cause we aren' at training and we don't know everything that happens, we could both totally be wrong........

ParraAds

Juniors
meaning I dont care if he played well last season, he is playing horrible football and needs to be dropped!

Eelectrica

Referee
I think he needs to be dropped, even if it's just for a week or two. Rebuild his game, confidence and send him a wake up call that he his place in the team isn't to be taken for granted.
Sometimes one needs to be knocked down in order to get back up again.

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
Tim Smith does not deserve a first grade spot. He refuses to run the ball, or take it to the line and his kicking options are poor. His confidence is way way down. Needs a stint in Premier League...He is not First grade standard IMO.
For instance,watch him on the final try scored by Raiders Purtell. He received the ball at least ten metres from a defender and instead of taking on the line, shovelled it out to Tahu or Grothe. He is very very ordinary in my opinion.
Jeremy Smith or PJ Marsh to half back...or even J Morris. Anyone BUT Tim Smith.

he ran the ball a few times today and made a couple of small breaks which he needs to do more off...

his last tackleoptions are behind par...

he isnt ordinary just lacks confidence, who knows what he is being coached.....

fish eel

Immortal
parra pete said:
That is exactly the line I have been pushing for several weeks. How long can the team carry him?

Tim Smith is one player.

How much longer can we carry the coach who wont select the best players, and makes puzzling selections to the side, week in, week out?