What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snippet on Albert Kelly from Big League

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Hi Guys,

Thought i would retype a Blurb from this week's Big League on Albert Kelly.
This would put into words a few concerns some fans have about paying overs for this potential talent.

PROBLEM CHILD
There is a lot of talk about the future of Eels Toyota Cup five-eigth Albert Kelly, but one Parramatta insider believes no matter where he ends up Kelly will need special attention. There's no denying the 18-year-old has limitless potential, and will one day be a star in the NRL, just like his cousin Greg Inglis. However, Kelly can be a handful and the Eels are weighing up whether or not he is worth the effort before they attempt to match offers from other clubs. An example: Eels officials have had to personally drive Kelly to school in the past to make sure he turns up. With the right guidance and more maturity, Kelly could be a smart buy for an NRL club.

All I can comment is what I have seen on the field and the kid has the game to be anything.

I'm not one to judge someones personal life etc. But from all reports on this forum and in the papers, seems like he needs help. Do we cut and run or do we try and help him. It's not easy for an Aboriginal kid to leave his family at such a young age and live in the city. I hope he stays and gets over these issues.

Gronk

Staff member
All I can comment is what I have seen on the field and the kid has the game to be anything.

I'm not one to judge someones personal life etc. But from all reports on this forum and in the papers, seems like he needs help. Do we cut and run or do we try and help him. It's not easy for an Aboriginal kid to leave his family at such a young age and live in the city. I hope he stays and gets over these issues.

Maybe he had the flu on Saturday as well.

PJ Marshal

Coach
or home that night you rang me telling me you were walking down some alley and didnt know where you were

yy_cheng

Coach
We don't actually have alot of aboriginal players do we?

I reckon if Deano was still here, he would've been a positive influence on him.

Kornstar

Coach
Maybe it would be best for him to go down to Melbourne and be guided by his cousin?

Seriously, Inglis is not only one of the best players in the game but is also a great role model.

How is he not the face of Rubgy League?????????

Anyways, i would not blame him if he went to be with his cousin and also if he is trouble now, probably best he is out of the Sydney media's spotlight.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tough choice, is he worth all the trouble???? Or do we take a punt on him at Parra. Either way we will be damned if we do and deamned if we don't.

yy_cheng

Coach
then will maloney come back? A Swap maybe.

Anyway, I thought he would chase the $150K from the tiges

thedux

Juniors
See this is what s#@ts me;

A) if he signs with the Storm then you would assume that the family aspect has played a part but a great team gets better
B) if he signs with anyone else then it has to be money cause I really can't see how anyone else is better-equipped to guide him

And then if he does put all the crap behind him and becomes a superstar we'll just cop a pasting in the media for letting another one go!!

bartman

Immortal
I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's worth that type of effort moving forward, or paying overs for if he's attracting other offers and bumping his asking price up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
you know what the sad part about all this is? we have a kid named Tim Auremi who suffered, what could be a career ending injury, Parra have reportadly put a hold on their offer to him next year based on upcoming medical reports, he's a quiet unassuming lad who's been putting some long hours as an apprentice greenkeeper before his injury and has always turned up to training and dosn't act like a lair...

as for this kid????...150K hey????..the tigers can have him as far as I'm concerned, I'd much rather spend the money to help Tim through his rehabilitation this snotty nosed prima dona who showed more promise with his off field antics than he has on it...

am I harsh?? maybe, but just ask Tim Auremi about what he's going through and he'll be able to answer how tough it is as a young sportsman on the rise..

lewiscook

Juniors
you know what the sad part about all this is? we have a kid named Tim Auremi who suffered, what could be a career ending injury, Parra have reportadly put a hold on their offer to him next year based on upcoming medical reports, he's a quiet unassuming lad who's been putting some long hours as an apprentice greenkeeper before his injury and has always turned up to training and dosn't act like a lair...

as for this kid????...150K hey????..the tigers can have him as far as I'm concerned, I'd much rather spend the money to help Tim through his rehabilitation this snotty nosed prima dona who showed more promise with his off field antics than he has on it...

am I harsh?? maybe, but just ask Tim Auremi about what he's going through and he'll be able to answer how tough it is as a young sportsman on the rise..

Terrible stuff,
May i ask what the injury is?
I hope the kid gains a full recovery and can continue his dream.
Goodluck mate.

Bazal

Post Whore
Wow....I didn't know Auremi's injury was that bad, the poor kid. Will be terrible if it turns out that way

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's a neck injury and whilst I hope he gets back on the field, his wellbeing and health should be more important.