What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snoop Dogg Souths

Loudstrat

Coach
Loudstrat....the boss would like to see you

Deano....the boss would like to see you

Rupert....the boss would like to see you

Chachi....the boss would like to see you

OK. Tell Mr Springsteen we'll be there in a sec.

I don't care what any of you golden oldies say, Snoop is a f*ckin DON.
I don't care if he's a nice person or not. He's a musical nuffy

I just want to say I do like Led Zeppelin, but no one single member of that band is as big as the Top Dogg. A lot of people adding their opinion are close-minded and only listen to 1 type of music. I listen to many. So i'll give my unbiased opinion. Led Zeppelin are a very good band. If I wan't to listen to some rock music, I'll listen to some 60s-80s stuff, and they ruled during that period of time. But one single member of the band, does not compare to Snoop Dogg's stardom. I mean Loudstrat rambles off all these Zeppelin achievements, but that's the band. He originally just said Jimmy Page....now he wants to include the entire band.
LOL. I guess being one of the most successful songwriters in history means zip to you?

We seem to have a lot of holier-than-thou posters up in here. So what if Snoop claims Rollin 20 Crip?
English please?

So what he used to sell drugs? So what if he was a pimp? His music is still the Sh*t and that's all that matters.
I agree. His music is sh*t. Actually, I cannot say that, because I have not heard a single thing he's done that I can recall. Maybe I'd love him. Does he solo like Malmsteen? Riff like Iommi? Swagger like Tyler?

I have to laugh when I read posts like "ohh ohh...but he's a gang member..." Yeah...and? Snoop gets respect because he's one of the only rappers who's able to make radio friendly hits and still retain his street cred.
AKA Jimmy Page, never lost his respect as a rock legend even though 1/3 of his stuff was accoustic.

Snoops a good father too. He's doing an excellent job of raising his 3 kids after growing up without his dad around. His show "fatherhood" showed this.
F**K OFF! If he's a drug dealer you can't draw the "good parent" card on him any more than you can draw it on any other arsewipe that deals in the misery of other good parents who's kids somehow get lost in the misery of chronic drug addiction. One Jack Gibson for starters. Is he a good parent because he put his kids in a private school finded by drug money?

His music taught millions of youngsters comin up how to break a b*tch....I mean it aint no fun if the homies can't have none!! :lol:
Wow. His music taught people how to train dogs. What sort of Grammy does that qualify him for?

Best male artist animal training song. The nominations are:

Aerosmith for "Back in the Saddle" about breaking in horses
Offspring for "Pretty Fly" for training blowies to stay outside
Snot Flogg for a song about training female cocker spaniels not to hump drug dealers legs.....

FFS your claim was about his fame as an entertainer. Give an example that's relevent, not proof that he's a low life merkin who puts an apple in his kids lunchbox.

Bottom line. Get a cross section of society and play Slob Faggs biggest 'hit'. Then play the opening 5 seconds of either Whole Lotta Love, Immigrant Song or Black Dog. Bet at least 80% recognise Page's work before your drug mule's.

Last edited:
snoop was acquitted of murder ...

doggystyle sold 800k in the first week and has sold well over 7 million ... doggfather sold well over 8 million

success.jpg

jimmy page, self confessed drug addict ... cocaine being flavour the year and evolving into heroin ...

zing

up-in-smoke-tour.bmp

2555m61.jpg

Doggystyle Intro

Artist: Snoop Doggy Dogg
Album: Doggystyle
Song: Bathtub
Typed by: OHHLA Webmaster DJ Flash

[Snoop and some girl are in a bathtub]

Uhh, that felt good
Does it baby?
Yeah, rub my back for me
Where do you want me to rub it baby?
Right here
OK
Ohh
Turn around
Aight, check it out though
Why don't you put me on some music?
What you wanna hear baby?
Put me on some of that old gangsta sh*t
Aight
*ding dong* *needle scratching*
Damn! the f**k is that, everytime i'm chillin someone ringing my
motherf**kin doorbell
You want me to get that for you?
Yeah, handle that sh*t for me
Aight, i'll be right back
What the f**k?

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
snoop was acquitted of murder ...

doggystyle sold 800k in the first week and has sold well over 7 million ... doggfather sold well over 8 million

:lol:

Presence sold 2 million before release. Physical Graffiti sold 16 million. IV sold 23 million. II sold 12 million. I sold 10 million. Houses of the holy: 11 million. In through the out door: 11 million.

Yep, poor old Pagey ended up on smack. At least he didn't sell it to kids.

shinobi

Juniors
I love this thread so much! C'mon guys this is a country that celebrates Ned Kelly as a hero.

The Beatles sung songs about getting on it half your Rock N Roll heroes are heroin addicts lets just accept that hip hop music is here to stay.

And yeah i did go to the Snoop Dogg show, he was OK but Bone Absolutely killed it.

Now in the immortal words of Ice Cube:

"Ain't Nothin' to it, Gangsta rap made me do it"

Jimmy Page is a good guitarist, but he's not in the top 3 guitarists of all time.

Snoop Dogg may be in the top 3 rappers of all time (on popularity and song making skill, not nessecarily lyrically)

Snoop sold drugs as a teenager, well before having kids. He went to jail for it, and served his debt to society.

Snoop beat a bullsh*t trumped up murder charge, which was used by American society to try and paint him as the bad guy. The man/stalker who was killed deserved to die anyway.

Loudstrat, the sales you mentioned are probably world wide sales, while the sales Tonearm mentioned are USA sales alone.

Jimmy Page does heavier drugs than Snoop.

Shinobi - Bone thugs are the greatest hip hop group of all time IMO. I was going to go to the concert myself, but I couldn't make it on the night. Plus I've seen Bone as a 3 man group on stage before....now i'm waiting for the newly reuinited 5 man Bone thugs to tour NZ/Aus.

f**king kiwis and their bone thugs

:lol:

Presence sold 2 million before release. Physical Graffiti sold 16 million. IV sold 23 million. II sold 12 million. I sold 10 million. Houses of the holy: 11 million. In through the out door: 11 million.

Yep, poor old Pagey ended up on smack. At least he didn't sell it to kids.

who sold the most wasn't the point ... you saying no one cared about snoop was the point when he sell millions upon duh millionz of duh rekidz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cxr1-b6Xkc

LOL. I love all these people that write off Rap artists and say that they aren't entertainers and that they don't actually make bonafide music because they don't play a guitar or because they just sample other peoples music. None of you guys have ever listened (and I mean really listened) to the likes of Tupac. All Eyez on me is the greatest record ever released. I used to be a big rock fan, Foo Fighters, Greenday, Pearl Jam, Nirvana. One of my friend put me on to Pac and I haven't listened to any of that other sh!t since.

All you Rock lovers should do yourself a favour and have a listen to All Eyez on me.

"Whatever it takes for any y'all N!ggaz to get up out the hood, sh!t I'm wit ya. I ain't mad at cha, got nuthin but love for ya. Do yo thing boy!"

Actually, this thread has inspired me. I think I will add a hip hop quote of the week to my sig and share some of the good sh!t with you all.

coolumsharkie

Referee
"Whatever it takes for any y'all N!ggaz to get up out the hood, sh!t I'm wit ya. I ain't mad at cha, got nuthin but love for ya. Do yo thing boy!"

I'll translate...

If you have to murder someone for money, black people, to get out of this ghetto then by all means go for it. It won't bother me if you are killing people, as a matter of fact I did it and I'd love you to do it too.

I hope that makes you feel all powerful and stuff pouting in front of your bedroom mirror.

Home Boy.

The Dodger

First Grade
Yes this thread has brought out a few stubborn bastards, that’s for sure.

Snoop dogg is one of the most influential people in the rap industry today.
His lyrics are brilliant.

Someone wrote in here that they have never heard of him…
Stop lying to yourself buddy.
You know the truth.

It’s quite funny how people try and compare a rock band to a rapper, a rock band that has been around since the 70’s.

And to even come up with false statistics to help your silly argument, whoever said led zeppelin was in the top 5 of all time albums sold, stop kidding yourself.

The “dirty dancing” and “Saturday night fever” soundtrack and mc hammer’s “please hammer, don’t hurt em” album sold more than any of your beloved led zeppelin’s albums.

Don’t get me wrong, I love led zeppelin, but you can’t compare a rock band to a rapper.

You can only compare a rapper to another rapper. To those that don’t listen to rap music, don’t really have a say in it. You can whinge all you want about it, but your input is of no importance when it comes to this subject.

When it comes to rappers, I must admit that snoop dogg is up there, and mainly because of his first album “Doggystyle”, the best album snoop dogg ever brought out.

But Ill tell you right now who I think are better rappers.

My top ten list;

1. Method man (from the Wu Tang)
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Run DMC (specifically Russell Simmons AKA DJ Run)
4. KRS One
5. Tupac
6. Ice Cube
7. Snoop Dogg
8. Eminem
9. Cypress Hill (specifically B-real)
10. Ol Dirty Bastard

There are many others such as ghetto boys, DJ quick, even 2 live crew were great.

But you cant compare them to a rock band.

I went to the snoop dogg concert on Friday night.
What made my night was that snoop also brought Daz and Kurupt with him (DPG) and they sang the song “what would you do” which is one of my all time favourite songs.

No one even knew these guys or the songs they were singing.
It was quite funny actually to see how many devoted fans not knowing who the dogg pound was…

Ice cube and WC were good but their performance last time at enmore theatre was 100 times better. He was still good though.

The Dodger

First Grade
I'll translate...

I hope that makes you feel all powerful and stuff pouting in front of your bedroom mirror.

Home Boy.

heres one for you coolum, see if you can translate this one;

It was all a dream
I used to read Word Up magazine
Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
Hangin' pictures on my wall
Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl
I let my tape rock 'til my tape popped
Smokin' weed and bamboo, sippin' on private stock
Way back, when I had the red and black lumberjack
With the hat to match
Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha
You never thought that hip hop would take it this far
Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight
Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade
Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner
Peace to Ron G, Brucey B, Kid Capri
Funkmaster Flex, Lovebug Starsky
I'm blowin' up like you thought I would
Call the crib, same number same hood
It's all good

I'll translate...

Home Boy.

Actually, his best mate became a Muslim and that allowed him to "get up out the hood."

Fair effort though on the translation. Some Rappers do nothing but boast and its fair to say that Tupac did his fair share of boasting, however he also had some powerful songs with very influential lyrics. It's easy for you gus to sit back and make some pretty broad generalisations about Rappers, but I bet you would all have some changed opinions if you actually sat back and listened. Some of his songs like "Dear Momma" and "Unconditional Love" had some of the deepest lyrics you will ever hear and his song "Changes" was probably one of the greatest anti racism song's ever written. But most of you guys would just see him as a dumb black guy who got what he deserved and died young. Had Tupac still been alive today, I'm convinced the world would have been a different place and he would have been very close to the greatest selling recording artist of all time.

The Dodger

First Grade
dr dre would have to be one of the most successful producers of all time.

but lyrically, wasnt any good.

but dont get me wrong, i loved that album.
the chronic killed it.
"aint nuthin but a g thang" is an all time favourite of mine.

You clearly haven't listened to Dr Dre's The Chronic then...

Good album. Nowhere near as good as All Eyez on me. Dre has some great beats and the work he and Snoop did together is fantastic, but thats the problem with Dre. His best work is when he works with someone else.

Dre + Blackstreet is also a win.

dr dre would have to be one of the most successful producers of all time.

but lyrically, wasnt any good.

but dont get me wrong, i loved that album.
the chronic killed it.
"aint nuthin but a g thang" is an all time favourite of mine.

LOL Dre's no good lyrically because he's never written his own lyrics. He's a producer first, rapper second. If you listen to certain songs you can hear other rappers rhyme patterns and flows. For eg. "Still D.R.E" which was written by Jay-Z....you can totally hear Jay's style. And "Forgot about Dre" - written by Eminem. However, Dr. Dre is undoubtedly the best record producer in the history of music, period.

All Eyez On Me is a masterpiece. It's amazing that Tupac only took 2 weeks to write and record the entire 2 discs. There's a few albums I would put ahead of it though, Bone Thugs "E.1999 Eternal" immediately springs to mind.

LOL Dre's no good lyrically because he's never written his own lyrics. He's a producer first, rapper second. If you listen to certain songs you can hear other rappers rhyme patterns and flows. For eg. "Still D.R.E" which was written by Jay-Z....you can totally hear Jay's style. And "Forgot about Dre" - written by Eminem. However, Dr. Dre is undoubtedly the best record producer in the history of music, period.

All Eyez On Me is a masterpiece. It's amazing that Tupac only took 2 weeks to write and record the entire 2 discs. There's a few albums I would put ahead of it though, Bone Thugs "E.1999 Eternal" immediately springs to mind.

I guess it's all down to taste. I played All Eyez on me so much that I wore it out and had to get a new copy a few months ago. It never ever leaves my stacker. Tupac's greatest hits is also always in the car. I actually think that it is better than All Eyez, but it isn't a standalone record as such. That guy was so prolific that they will still be releasing new material from him for another 10 years.

For my money, Tupac 1st, Biggie 2nd (although he always sounds like he was eating while rapping and he probably was) daylight 3rd. If he could stop Rapping about how tough he is and release some songs with thoughtful lyrics, 50 would be up there somewhere as well, but he is too busy rapping about trivial sh!t at the moment. I guess whatever brings in the coin is all good but that guy is wasting his talent.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Notorious B.I.G - One More Chance, playing right now.

Lyrically smooth on this track.

'so whats it gonna be? him or me?
we can cruise the world with pearls, gator boots for girls
the envy of all women, crush linen
Cartier wrist-wear with diamonds in em'

woooooo..

elyod138

Bench
GZA's Liquid Sword's is my favorite hip hop album.

"I slayed MC's back in the rec room era
My style broke motherf**kin backs like Ken Patera
Most rap niggaz came loud but unheard
Once I pulled out, round em off to the nearest third
Check these non visual niggaz, with tapes and a portrait
Flood the seminar, tryin to orbit this corporate
industry, but what them niggaz can't see
must break through like the Wu, unexpectedly"

Last edited:

Latest posts