What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
haha f**k you stormy, before watching that video i had never actually seen footage of the St Merge celebrations...

I still havent watched replays of the 01 and 09 GF's and the only part of the celebrations I have seen are the ones on the news.

I will never watch the 01 GF. 09 fine, if its on and I am forced, Ill watch it, it doesn't count as a GF.

I could watch Dwyer smash JWH a million times and not get bored of it. Can't wait for this season to get under way, got a great feeling about it.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Excellent song choice.

adams_matt-mark_gasnier_icon.jpg

Eels Dude

Coach
That is downright brilliant and I'm a hard man to please. It's way to long for a even a full TV slot, but that is something the NRL should definately use online as a marketing piece. Advertising by digital media is just as reliable.

Eels Dude

Coach
but not the music, its not 1980's any more!

What do you want, a Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber song in the in the background? Or maybe some Birds of Tokyo if you want an Aussie band? The song is called 'All Fired Up' and the idea of it is to 'fire you up'. Let's keep in mind 'What's my Scene' which became 'That's my Team' is also an 80's song and was the most popular NRL theme since 'Simply the Best', hence why it the song was the NRL's theme for 5 years during the 2000's.

Eels Dude

Coach
The song makes the video. Excellent choice.

Yeah exactly. I think Perth Red has proven himself once again as just a 'Johnny come lately' when it comes to rugby league culture. If everyone in Perth league fan thinks like him perhaps the NRL shouldn't expand out there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I want to attract the next generation to RL, not cater to the old timers wallowing in the misty eyed past of our 1980's youth! Come on you still have a mullet don't you, admit it!

ps I've been a RL fan since 1979 thanks, maybe I'm a johnny come lately compared to you, would explain your old person nostalgia and dislike of this new fangled music! Not like proper music back in my day :)

yeh lets not have a Perth team because I grew out of 1980's music in the 1990's! makes sense :)

Eels Dude

Coach
I want to attract the next generation to RL, not cater to the old timers wallowing in the misty eyed past of our 1980's youth! Come on you still have a mullet don't you, admit it!

ps I've been a RL fan since 1979 thanks, maybe I'm a johnny come lately compared to you, would explain your old person nostalgia and dislike of this new fangled music! Not like proper music back in my day :)

yeh lets not have a Perth team because I grew out of 1980's music in the 1990's! makes sense :)

Actually I wasn't even born in 1979 so you're the old man out of the two of us. You obviously know your league and are passionate... but there is a certain flavor of music which suits rugby league and and certain styles that don't. You want to pick a song which is catchy, that people recognize, and that inspires. There are probably some in the 90's and 2000's that do fit that bill, so why don't you name a few songs if you know your music well. I will respect your opinion, even if we disagree, as long as you go to the effort, and just off the top of your head, to name just several tracks that would suit the NRL better than this.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Good stuff. We'll see how Melbourne go drawing from the same deck of cards as everyone else (well, except for Souffs, who still have a full deck of bridge scoring cards).

Perth Red: starting a campaign to get all the teams in the NRL to modernise their team songs yet?

mrpwnd

Bench

As long as they don't use wolfmother it should be sweet.

stormbati

Bench
I actually liked the song, wouldnt play it in the car but it suits the video.
Cant wait for the season to begin...Looking forward to tonights game, the Warriors have a pretty decent squad this season.

taipan

Referee
I am going to spell it out loud and clear

the PIKE RIVER CHARITY MATCH WILL BE SHOWN AT 9-30PM ON FOXSPORTS 2 FINISHING AT 11PM.

I looked up the Fox programming schedule just now.