What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So many of you should be ashamed of yourselves

Paullyboy

Coach
Who couldnt love Ghana. Or any other third world country for that matter. Or as a matter of fact - how about a team where they actually live in and have the accents of their 'home country' as opposed to the "australian representatives" you all have fallen in love with.

Having said that, I just hate soccer and cant understand why people all of a sudden have forgotten how boring it is because its trendy for the next few minutes.

Kris_man

Bench
Boing Boing said:
f**k this... GO THE SOCCEROOS!!!
Here here! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!

If youtube wasn't down I'd post up a link for that Kewell goal. RIDE THE WAVE!!!

hrundi99

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
Who couldnt love Ghana. Or any other third world country for that matter. Or as a matter of fact - how about a team where they actually live in and have the accents of their 'home country' as opposed to the "australian representatives" you all have fallen in love with.

Last time I checked everyone in the Australian squad was born in Australia.

Having said that, I just hate soccer and cant understand why people all of a sudden have forgotten how boring it is because its trendy for the next few minutes.

Why bother commenting on it then?

It's only the biggest sport in the world. Stick to the shadows if you like.

Trendy? Australians like seeing Australian teams do well. The Socceroos have done fantastically well. They should be appreciated.

I hate basketball but I happily watched the Aussies play at the Olympics.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Are you saying Mark Viduka is not Australian because he has some Croatian in his accent?

News flash!!! You can only play for the socceroos if you play in the A-League and have a true blue accent!!

It's trendy forever mate!

Get over yourself!!

Raider Ultra

Bench
Don't worry, its only a game for sheilas, Mediterranean Descendants and twinkies, not true aussies. Don't worry what this nuffy says, you should read the crap he drivels on the NRL forum.

greeneyed

First Grade
Good to see Paully sticking it to the bandwaggon soccer supporters (repeat soccer, not football).

I like how the thread evolved as well... :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
Chachi said:
Hey, I like my bandwagon! It's been reupholstered with green and gold velvet seats. It's also got 3 toilets up the back, one for boys one for girls and one for Guus. :D

:lol: :lol:

top call Chachi :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
If being a bandwagon supporter means exhibiting your patriotic feelings and supporting your country in the most popular football code in the world well than I jumped on the thing ages ago ... and there's no way the wheels are going to sound squeeky of fall off on this thing.

As shown by just about every sports commentator in the country this event has been the biggest thing in their sports watching/reporting careers ... I suspect these same people dont feel as though the code they generally follow is being threatened ... a very mature way to look at things.

Do I feel as though my beloved Raiders are being threatened ... no way and I'd love to have a chance again to follow Canberra City, Canberra Arrows, Canberra Cosmos or whatever other name they'd like to call themselves in a national competition ... cant wait till the A-League starts on Fox Sports 3 next season.

Long live FOOTBALL and all other sports in this country

thickos

First Grade
On top of my commitment ot the Raiders I am also a Swans ticket holder since 2000 and a proud Australian - while I only casually follow soccer, see the odd game on pay TV in a pub, check the scores in the paper etc I am right behind the Socceroos as I want to see Australia do well in the most global sport of them all.

Only wagon I don't jump on is the damn Wallabies, mainly because the sport is so hideous!

I also enjoy NHL, american football, F1 racing... there are so many great sports out there to enjoy.

azza

Juniors
Go the Socceroos!

Paully and Steven Greeneyed - get yourselves a room, lock yourselves in and throw away the key. You bitter old hags.

legend

Coach
June 24, 2006

There’s been a fair amount of talk this week about my commitment with the Raiders, and a lot of speculation about what my future is and where I’ll be playing next year.

I like to think that I am the type of bloke who makes a decision quickly and does the best thing by his family, so I am pleased to announce that I will be remaining in Canberra next year.

The thought of leaving Canberra and heading back to Queensland was obviously something that I looked at very seriously, not only from a football perspective but also a family one.

It’s been ten years since I left my home north of the border, and it’s somewhere that my family will probably end up eventually when my playing career comes to an end.

Both mine and my wife Niomi’s families are from up that way, and returning to them with our young family has a lot of positives for us, in respects to raising our children and settling down long term.

The talk and speculation of me playing for the Reds in the Super 14 was just an option I had explored through my player manager, and as my manager he was only checking out suitable alternatives that would best suit the needs of me and my family.

Having said that I would like to reassure everyone here in Canberra that I genuinely want to stay and play for the Raiders, and that I am still 100 per cent committed to a team that I love playing for.

As I have been saying for some time now Canberra is a great place to live and play footy, and an even better place to raise a family and meet new people.

I have been here for six years now and I love the place, I love the people, the lifestyle and especially the Raiders, and captaining the side is something that I hold in a very high regard.

There is no better feeling than walking of Canberra Stadium with a cheering crowd after a win, and I have shown publicly this year after some of these victories how good that feeling is.

I just hope that everyone understands that the move to Queensland was only ever an option for me, and it would have taken a fair amount of persuading for me to head that way.

Obviously Rugby Union would be a huge challenge, and it’s something that a lot of Rugby League players have decided to take on over the past few years.

Seeing guys like Matt Rogers, Lote Tuquiri and now Ryan Cross make the move makes you wonder if you could also cross codes, and it is something that I would really have to think hard about before making a change.

In the same respects any move oversees to England would be an equally hard challenge and a huge lifestyle change for my family and my football, so it was only an outside chance that either change would happen.

There was one constant that always remained in the equation though, and that was the support and encouragement I have received from people in and around the Raiders community.

I would like to thank those of you who have supported me over the last week, and in particular the people who took the time to write to me with there best wishes and support.

It’s the supporters like yourselves who make decisions like this a lot easier, and I just hope I can repay your faith in me with some good performances on the field for the rest of my time in the lime green.

http://www.raiders.com.au/season/extratime/coach/

edabomb

First Grade
He's hardly gonna come out and say he only stayed here because the Reds didn't get the ARU's backing.

Raider_69

Post Whore
f**k the afl as a sport, f**k the union as a sport, f**k basketball as a sport, f**k feild hockey as a sport, and f**k the 14 other clubs that oppose canberra

and god bless the raiders and any australian team doing this country proud!

BTW Go Geoff Ogilvy too!

Latest posts