What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Milligan & Bird want to talk now...

Frenzy.

Immortal
yes that was directed at you

and yes to your second question

a large number of court outcomes favour the criminal - this is how law is set up

if someone is found guilty its extremely unlikely they are innocent

if the are found innocent that merely means there wasnt enough evidence to attain a conviction

its a moot point in this case as bird is only appealling the severity of the sentence as far as i can see

No miller's. If that was the case he'd be off to the Local Court where he was convicted and sentenced.

He's now going to the District Court.

millersnose

Post Whore
with due respect frenzy i have not seen that reported

but as it is you making the claim i will not challenge it as it is clear you are convinced

Frenzy.

Immortal
with due respect frenzy i have not seen that reported

but as it is you making the claim i will not challenge it as it is clear you are convinced

Well millers there's no mystery here.

We all know he was tried in the Downing Centre Local Court. It is, as you say, on record.

samshark has posted an article from the press, which you seem to want to see, stating that his appeal is in the District court. Same article also uses the term "new legal team"

Also, courtesy of google just now here is a SMH article

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/date-set-for-greg-birds-appeal-20090806-eb8p.html

Your usually good information train has de railed millers :lol:

Then of course you know full well where I got the information.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah well there'll be no nyah nyah from me

I just wish the whole sorry saga would go away.

millersnose

Post Whore
oh by the way if i did come across as claiming or implying i have any inside info on this matter then that was innocuous as i do not

Frenzy.

Immortal
oh by the way if i did come across as claiming or implying i have any inside info on this matter then that was innocuous as i do not

Not the case from my perspective. I believe that you believe what you believe - as we all do. :lol:

Sometimes we get it inaccurate.

Well not often for me TBH

hahahahaha

Drakken

Juniors
i am genuinely interested drak, in your level of apathy to assault

which other crimes would you deem not serious enough for a club to stand down a player if charged and convicted

armed robbery?
rape?
child rape?
murder?

All of the crimes you have listed above all have one common ingredient- Intent. In birds case I don't think there was any intent. I have heard differing stories about what actually happened, notably about the glass being "thrown at her". I don't think he actually meant to hit her or cause any harm to her. It was a split second decision he made in the heat of the moment while he was angry. One story I have heard says she was walking away from him when he threw the glass in her direction and only struck her when she turned back around. Like I said though it's all hear say and nobody will ever actually know what happened. What really gets me though is some of the people here crying out against sensationalist journalism on one hand but then eat it up with the other. Do you really think bird meant to hurt the woman he loves?

Drakken

Juniors
as for the chicken little argument draken

could you beat ivan milat in a fight?

if you are unsure does this exonerate milat?

Thats not what I was getting at at all and if you read the posts you would see he claimed he would "smash the cant".

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Does 20 days constitute a bump?

Funny thing is... Out of all this crapola.. ET wouldn't have got himself into any sort of spot where this sh*t would have occured innocent or not.

Lets sign Willy.

Quigs

Immortal
Cools, you must be strong, now pull yourself together.

Its the offseason and we need all good men to stand strong.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Latest posts