What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So much negativity

stgill2001

Juniors
If this game doesn't get you excited and pumped nothing will ever please most. A few points iv seen that I want to point out.
A. Not really any team has controlled rapana and leuloea. B. Our cover in defence when they make the breaks were incredible. The guts they showed is really going unnoticed. Seeing the lads go crazy when aitken scores. Enjoy it and stop being so god damn negative. Raiders are a class side and we have beaten them.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Leilua & Rapana carved us up in 2nd half. It was one of those games where a few cases of good luck led to the win. We continued our clueless attack with just boring one out runs when a support player would have caused some concern for the defence. The kicks inside the Raiders 20 were just garbage. Yep, take the 2 points & watch the footage of what really happened to learn for the future. (that won't happen with a coach who is living in denial about the toothless attack that averages less than 11 points per game)

blacksafake

First Grade
Leilua & Rapana carved us up in 2nd half. It was one of those games where a few cases of good luck led to the win. We continued our clueless attack with just boring one out runs when a support player would have caused some concern for the defence. The kicks inside the Raiders 20 were just garbage. Yep, take the 2 points & watch the footage of what really happened to learn for the future. (that won't happen with a coach who is living in denial about the toothless attack that averages less than 11 points per game)

Well said.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Our kicking game is shit.Improve it and our attack will prosper. Would be great to see our backline operating with ball movement out to the wings.
Credit to Canberra. Good to see the ball moving along their line. They do it well. Croker for me is a class act.

Lancelot:thumb

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Complain complain complain.

I saw a thoroughly enjoyable game. Two teriffic tries from Friz and Lafai, some backline moves, plenty of off loads, Marshalls best game in a long time, forwards held their own against one of the bigger packs of the comp, and Duges even passed a couple of times

Minh

First Grade
Canberra are not an easy team to beat, huge forwards, fast powerful backs. I'd take the two points and run.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dragons got ALL the refs decisions & won in GP against a team who were awful, & literally threw away the game

Whoo!

Notice the lights going out at Kogarah.......

betcats

Referee
I was going to see a win is always pleasing but you really got handed that game on a platter. Aitken continues to impress me, call it lucky but it is still a pretty big play to make at 20yo taking that intercept and not dropping it.

Last edited:

dragons77

Juniors
We are going nowhere until Mary leaves. At best we may squeeze into top 8. Canberra beat themselves and during extra time there was no way we would have got into their 40 to attempt field goal, they did it with ease, we were extremely lucky.
There are significant problems at club.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Dragons got ALL the refs decisions & won in GP against a team who were awful, & literally threw away the game

Whoo!

Notice the lights going out at Kogarah.......
Penalties favoured the Raiders, Raiders first try featured an obstruction,, remind me how we got ALL the refs decisions again?

Unfortunately, when we're hanging around mid-table, club won't move on coach (might even extend his contract).

We're in this dead zone, not good enough to genuinely compete and not bad enough (in terms of clicking over dour, small margin wins - as is expected from a mid table club) to instigate a change to coaching from an inept and lazy board. And there's a smell of death about this sad state of affairs.

I hate mediocrity. I hate it with a passion. The club needs people like me.

Straight Shooter

Steve timpson

Juniors
Unfortunately, when we're hanging around mid-table, club won't move on coach (might even extend his contract).

We're in this dead zone, not good enough to genuinely compete and not bad enough (in terms of clicking over dour, small margin wins - as is expected from a mid table club) to instigate a change to coaching from an inept and lazy board. And there's a smell of death about this sad state of affairs.

Yes it does straight shooter

And me.

There is a private little gang on this forum who want dragons to remain toothless and mediocre....

Can we remove them?

dragons77

Juniors
If Mary is even thinking about putting his hand up for contract extension, he is a dead set fool. Personally he may be a good guy, but not a top grade footy coach. Get Toovey in asap an an assistant (best of current available), start bleeding more juniors. Even if we just squeeze into 8, what will be this achieve for years ahead with Mary. He has recruited players he wanted, starting big forward pack this year, i must be missing something, going backwards.

hazzbeen

Bench

This.... It was a good win enjoyed it , but really how far can we go with so much ball and struggle to turn it into points.....

grouch

First Grade
Being marginally less shit than diabolically shit teams is not going to fill everyone with joy. Sorry gill

matPORTS

Juniors
Was happy to see some off-loading last night. But it would also be nice to see more players pushing up in support... actually this is just frustrating - dead set we are a lazy club in many aspects.

Our kicking game is probably the worst in the NRL at present. Boy how this has turned for the worse in the space of 12 months! This time last year we probably had the best kicking game in the NRL as we raced to the top of the table by mid-season point. Get back to even close to early 2015 kicking game form, and we MIGHT end up having a half decent finish the year.

Just on the kicking game, why did the game need to go to golden point? There was absolutely no need for this! Dumb Dumb Dumb!!! Had this game been 12 months ago, complete those sets (even if its just five simple runs from dummy half - more on this in a second), then Benji kicks to the corner, walk to the scrum, wind down the clock, set the defensive line and make them work it out in that final 5-10 mins. This is the way we play and the way we play best. Why try to change what works?

Mitch Rein needs to play to his strengths and run more from dummy half. Was screaming all night for him to do this. Whenever he ran the ball the Raiders were well and truly on the back foot. He also needs to remain calm and control the game without making any rash decisions in the closing stages.

This is not a doom and gloom post. So many things that could have cost us the game last night. So many things that will cost us games moving forward if they are not addressed.

Fingerbang

Bench

Yes it does straight shooter

And me.

There is a private little gang on this forum who want dragons to remain toothless and mediocre....

Can we remove them?
:lol:....good luck with that, Ruby. I reckon you even have trouble removing your undies.

ONPOINT

Juniors
Penalties favoured the Raiders, Raiders first try featured an obstruction,, remind me how we got ALL the refs decisions again?

Wow...

BJ try was a try that got denied off them. I've never seen more calls go against one team in the entire season and guess what it wasn't ours. Unreal how biased people are.

To anyone happy with that win, wake up and pay attention while watching the game. Like every single win this year we need every single call to go our way and the other team to play like shit.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Wow...

BJ try was a try that got denied off them. I've never seen more calls go against one team in the entire season and guess what it wasn't ours. Unreal how biased people are.

To anyone happy with that win, wake up and pay attention while watching the game. Like every single win this year we need every single call to go our way and the other team to play like shit.

BJ clearly lost control of the ball. The bias is all yours.