What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So NOW can we sack Henjak?

Bayside Bronco

Juniors
Other steps could be taken before sacking Henjak. Asking the defensive coaching section to sharpen their act and give them some performance targets, for example. That's where we are getting embarrassed.

beads6

First Grade
There is no defensive coach champ.. Also whoever is handling defence has been on a very very long holiday.

renouf

Juniors
I didn't like Henjak's comments in the paper today.. what if the boys are putting in an effort and we're still running last, surely that is of concern.. obviously not to him though

beads6

First Grade
Can somebody please explain to me how Henjak picked the team he did for the Dragons game?? Dropped Mcguire?? Yet Setu plays when he was woeful on Friday night. How does Dodds get back into the team did he wow them in QLD cup?? Hoffman on the bench?? Why not just play him on the wing or at centre. I am really really hoping Henjak gets all this right but it just seems so clueless to me.

johns_reds

First Grade
I don't mind henjak, he hasn't had the teams of the past to work with and what he has got he is doing alright, in my opinion he was only hired to cover the post until lockyer retires, when lockyer retires he'll take over as coach.

cornerposter

Juniors
I didn't like Henjak's comments in the paper today.. what if the boys are putting in an effort and we're still running last, surely that is of concern.. obviously not to him though

I hate when we lose, but if we get beaten by a better team on the day then so be it. What really pains is when we go down without a fight, that sort of result doesn't belong at this club.

in my opinion he was only hired to cover the post until lockyer retires, when lockyer retires he'll take over as coach.
God, I hope not :crazy:

screeder

Juniors
I didn't like Henjak's demeanor before the Dragons game last year. We were 3 from 3 and he said we don't have to win the game and of course we didn't. I want to see a more ruthless style from Henjak. I thought thats what we signed up for because i heard he was a hard nut.

Pistol

Coach
and if the broncos sack henjack, however unlikely, what are the alternatives? surely there would be a backup plan....

it would be putting the cart before the horse to sack him at this stage without so much as someone in the wings to take over

j0nesy

Bench
So it wasn't Henjak that wanted Sims..or Setu...absolute rubbish. The head coach is the one that gets big say in terms of recruitment. The CEO just goes and gets the type of players the coach wants. IMO the biggest blunder was getting Folau on his money. We should have retained Ennis and Hannant on Folau's pay check. That was just a stupid short centered decision and it was hopeless.

Yep, I couldn't believe it at the time.

As a Dragon's fan I also appreciate you guys taking Sims off our hands - all the potential in the world as a youngster, but never really matured as a player. Setu may be in the same mould, but I think he still has potential.

On another note, that young lock of yours - Gillett looks a darn good player. You guys would have seen a lot more of him than me. What do the fans think of him?

screeder

Juniors
Yep, I couldn't believe it at the time.

As a Dragon's fan I also appreciate you guys taking Sims off our hands - all the potential in the world as a youngster, but never really matured as a player. Setu may be in the same mould, but I think he still has potential.

On another note, that young lock of yours - Gillett looks a darn good player. You guys would have seen a lot more of him than me. What do the fans think of him?

Check out the 'Matt Gillett appreciation club' thread

johns_reds

First Grade
I hate when we lose, but if we get beaten by a better team on the day then so be it. What really pains is when we go down without a fight, that sort of result doesn't belong at this club.

God, I hope not :crazy:

Bennett mentioned back in 2008 that he had offered to remain until 2013 and then hand over the coaching role to lockyer:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/bennett-reveals-broncos-snub/story-e6frep76-1111118032515

I always thought this would have been a good idea, there was a time when lockyer was injured for an extensive period (i forget which year, i think 08 when he missed the origin series?) and he would sit in the coaches box with bennett every game, i thought that bennett was moulding lockyer to be the next head coach, obviously the Broncos board saw different.

cornerposter

Juniors
I always thought this would have been a good idea, there was a time when lockyer was injured for an extensive period (i forget which year, i think 08 when he missed the origin series?) and he would sit in the coaches box with bennett every game, i thought that bennett was moulding lockyer to be the next head coach, obviously the Broncos board saw different.
I've also heard it talked about for a while now. It's just that whole player to coach scenario has not been all that successful in the past, particularly at the same club. Voss seems to be giving it a good shake for the Lions so maybe it's doable. I just hope Lockyer serves a suitable apprenticeship.

Dazzat

First Grade
I've also heard it talked about for a while now. It's just that whole player to coach scenario has not been all that successful in the past, particularly at the same club. Voss seems to be giving it a good shake for the Lions so maybe it's doable. I just hope Lockyer serves a suitable apprenticeship.

The Nathan Brown experiment didn't work too well at St George ... ironically something Bennett has fixed up.

cornerposter

Juniors
The Nathan Brown experiment didn't work too well at St George ... ironically something Bennett has fixed up.
Yeah there's a few bones in that graveyard. Coleman, Langmack, Taylor, Fittler and even the great Emperor could not make the transition.