What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Rooster How Do You Feel?

lockyno1 said:
How he even got close to winning the 5/8 of the year was a joke! Barrett was so much better, so was Morris, so was Jason Smith! FFS that selection was one of the biggest jokes in NRL history. It goes to show if you sign for the Rorters there are instant rewards!

Yes, because there is a world wide conspiracy to help the Roosters, right? The NRL knows the Roosters are cheating the salary cap but they don't do anything because they're all Roosters supporters, right?

Which begs the question: if you truly believe this, why on earth would you continue to follow rugby league? Why not follow a sport that doesn't have this kind of bias? If I thought one team was receiving favouritism above all others, I'd be gone in a flash. Why continue to moan about it?

Just curious.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
It is still 5 years. The years since are 2001, 02, 03, 04. That is 4 plus this year. That makes 5. I don't gove a toss about months. The only gf you won was becuase the bulldogs weren't there. They would have belted you!

bluesbreaker said:
Newcastle would've belted Roosters 2002 too if Johns didn't go down :(.

Would have

Could have

Didn't

lockyno1 said:
You let go of Firman and now he was a key ingredient to the Cowboys making the grand Final! And you kept Brett Finch:lol:

It feels pretty damn good. We let a dud go and his performance last night underlined the fact that we made the correct decision.

"Key ingredient" my bum. Even against Parramatta he only made ONE decent play for the whole game, and that was to score a soft try.

The Cowboys were on top until Firman came on last night. He crueled their chances badly with some injudicious kicking and horrible defence.

aids

Bench
justin smith is horribly under-rated
brett firman horribly over-rated

justin was more potent in defense and attack then firman.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Chook said:
You really are completely clueless. Every stat for Roosters circa 2001 was heading south under Murray. That's why he was sacked. If you're going to make a point at least try and make a valid one moron.

Chook.

So who is replacing Ricky Stuart for 2006? Paul Langmack??

aids

Bench
Murray got easts to their first grand final in how long?

and roosters made a good effort to have the game as close as it was.
as for stats, as mentioned Stuart picked up on what Murray has established.

a side what was more or less intact until this year.
and still given their starpower they couldn't manage to break the 8 for the first time in how long?

it's naive to think that murray was a great coach for easts, but i think internal politics got the better or him.
it's also naive to think stuart is a super-coach, where he still needs to but established players (anasta and harrison) rather than give guys like soward and rovelli a fair go

rovelli is going to be a big loss for you guys next year as well.
warriors got a good player.

Misty Bee

First Grade
My opinions:

Brett Finch is the biggest scapegoat in Australian sport. Raiders fans hailed him as Ricky Stuart Mk II - then slammed him when he left. Parochialism - that's sorta understandable. Roosters fans claim his is Pony Holloway reincarnated - he make an Oruigin team and plays credibly - yet one lousy season by the club and he's the worst thing at Bondi bar the Cigars that float off Ben Buckler!

Craig Wing has been dismal. No one says a word. Your bought backline of speed - Monaghan, Roberts et al - utterly impotent, and only a threat to score if they are in a 90m chip and chase with Barry Ward! I guess their poor form is all Finch's fault.

And then Ricky Stuart publicly hangs him out to dry! He should have taken the Souths option - they are going places. But he elected to stay with Easts - that's a sign of a committed clubman, when he could have done a Chris Walker and run from the critics.

The Roosters have panicked by buying Anasta. If Soward is so friggin great, how come you have bought 3 halves in 2 years (Firman, Anasta, Harrison)?

OVP, you have lost the plot. You can slander Finch mercilessly, yet defend him against Bronco fans? Lithium, Nurse Ratchett. Quick. OVP in ward 6 is out of control!

Chook

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
So who is replacing Ricky Stuart for 2006? Paul Langmack??

I was responding to a post halfpint, read it in context. I see the standard of moderators here still hasn't improved.

Chook.

avsterooster

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
My opinions:

Brett Finch is the biggest scapegoat in Australian sport. Raiders fans hailed him as Ricky Stuart Mk II - then slammed him when he left. Parochialism - that's sorta understandable. Roosters fans claim his is Pony Holloway reincarnated - he make an Oruigin team and plays credibly - yet one lousy season by the club and he's the worst thing at Bondi bar the Cigars that float off Ben Buckler!

Craig Wing has been dismal. No one says a word. Your bought backline of speed - Monaghan, Roberts et al - utterly impotent, and only a threat to score if they are in a 90m chip and chase with Barry Ward! I guess their poor form is all Finch's fault.

And then Ricky Stuart publicly hangs him out to dry! He should have taken the Souths option - they are going places. But he elected to stay with Easts - that's a sign of a committed clubman, when he could have done a Chris Walker and run from the critics.

The Roosters have panicked by buying Anasta. If Soward is so friggin great, how come you have bought 3 halves in 2 years (Firman, Anasta, Harrison)?

OVP, you have lost the plot. You can slander Finch mercilessly, yet defend him against Bronco fans? Lithium, Nurse Ratchett. Quick. OVP in ward 6 is out of control!

finally someone with a bloody brain!!! and that knows their league
totally agree, finch the biggest scapegoat in aus sport.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I was responding to a post halfpint, read it in context. I see the standard of moderators here still hasn't improved.

I don't care what you were doing. You said it. Cop it!!!!!

Misty Bee said:
My opinions:

I agree with some of your points, Misty Bee. Finch has certainly copped a raw deal. Circumstances conspired against him this year.

Monoghan and Roberts weren't impotent this season. They scored about 30 tries between them -- and with very little stability inside them at half and five-eighth. They had good years under very trying circumstances. Next year I expect them to be even better.

Regarding Soward, the thing is, the fans are more convinced of his abilities than the coaching staff. I know for one that Arthur Beetson doesn't rate him all that highly. And from what I've seen of him, I don't much rate him, either. Stuart and Gould both like big five-eighths who can muscle their way through the line, hence the signing of Anasta. It was a logical signing given all the problems in the halves this season. There was no panic involved. Remember, Soward is as much considered a halfback as he is a five-eighth, so Anasta's arrival doesn't indicate Soward is out of favour, only that Soward and Finch will compete for the halfback spot, now that five-eighth is sewn up.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
My opinions:

Craig Wing was crap this year as he was needled up all season due to carrying a lower back/hamstring injury which he sustained at the start of the year and then an ankle injury that he suffered mid-season which was operated on last month..

I will grant you that Monaghan is crapola of the first degree.. Roberts was inconsistent but still scored around 18 tries on the end of a backline which received little service..

You obviously don't know the reasons why Finch has been hung out to dry. He has not behaved well at all given the support and loyalty Stuart showed him, Finch has played up and deserved to read the riot act..

Latest posts