What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what will our team be next year?

mr_sharks

Juniors
With Mason all but gone, and Peachey and Sully pretty much done deals for England, what is our team going to look like for next year?

I really think we need to sign Merritt, or at least not give him a release!

What will the 2006 Sharkies team line-up like?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Cox
Hewett
Ryan
Miller
Sylvester
Danzey
Hughes
McRitchie
Hynes
Porter
Cooper
Macdougall
Barnes

Westwood
Hale
Randall
Harding

black_dot

Juniors
I'll have a stab

1. Simmons
2.Covell
3. Berrigan
4. Vagana
5. Mellor

6.Dykes
7.Kimmorley

13. Gallen
12.Bailey
11.Williams

10. Nutely
9.Hilder
8. Mai'ava

14. Galloway
15. Leuliei
16. Stosic
17 .Bird

That's the best I can think of, it's in need of at least 1 more NRL grade prop forward obviously to replace stevo.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1. Simmons
3. Vagana
5. Covell
6. Dykes
7. Kimmorley
8. Maiava
10. Nutley
11. Williams
12. Bailey
13. Gallen

16. Bird

At this stage anyway.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
black_dot said:
I'll have a stab

1. Simmons
2.Covell
3. Berrigan
4. Vagana
5. Mellor

6.Dykes
7.Kimmorley

13. Gallen
12.Bailey
11.Williams

10. Nutely
9.Hilder
8. Mai'ava

14. Galloway
15. Leuliei
16. Stosic
17 .Bird

That's the best I can think of, it's in need of at least 1 more NRL grade prop forward obviously to replace stevo.

If he stays I think Galloway will start depending on what happens with Plan B and C. Maiava back to bench. I think C Manua will be a chance as well. probably for Looloo or Stos.

MightySharks

Bench
I am more concerened abouth this year, we are tied second and if we win the damm thing I will still be happy if we lose every game next year( which wont happen).We have a good side this year and I am heading off to Brisbane on Thursday so I will concentrate on that, when that's done it will be after June 30 and lets hope we can pick up two or three quality first graders!

black_dot

Juniors
Fair call, but would you say that is looking pretty close to our starting 17, best 17 ?

It really is short of some first grade class front row depth, also backrow for that matter if bails or gallen or williams are hurt at all.

I'd love marshall chalk in there as a backline replacement, with him and mellor we'd have nice depth accross the backline with the young blokes able to be blooded game for game when needed on the wings.

lolesi

First Grade
1. Meritt
2. Simmons
3. Vagana
4. Scott
5. Covell
6. Dykes
7. Kimmorley
8. Stosic
9. Hilder
10. Nutley
11. Williams
12. Bailey
13. Gallen

14. LooLoo
15. Bird
16. Hutch
17. Galloway

Pfft, we wont sign sh*t.

mr_sharks

Juniors
lolesi said:
Pfft, we wont sign sh*t.

I pretty much agree.

I think Vagana and Kimmorely will be our best and most important signings for the decade....but only if they deliver a premiership.

Must hang on to Merritt. I don't care if we lost Galloway. I've only seen him run hard once in all the years he has been at the club.

Special K

Coach
We missed out on Mason. That means sorry Sully and Sorry Nathan but get your f**king boots on your not going just yet!

1. Mez
2. Simmo
3. Vagana
4. Berrigan (I don't care what it takes to buy this guy go overs who cares. 500k if that is what it takes)
5. Covell
6. Dykes
7. Kimmorley
8. Galloway
9. Hilder
10. Nutley
11. Williams
12. Bailey
13. Gallen

14. Bird
15. Hutch
16. Looloo
17. Sullivan

I can't believe we didn't cough up for Mason. We will now be stuck with nuffies like Ise next year. Hell they are going to get rid of Dumas also. Yeah long as we have Ise things will be alright!

menai_dogs

Juniors
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Cox
Hewett
Ryan
Miller
Sylvester
Danzey
Hughes
McRitchie
Hynes
Porter
Cooper
Macdougall
Barnes

Westwood
Hale
Randall
Harding

which brother are we getting (macdougall)

Frenzy.

Post Whore
black_dot said:
Fair call, but would you say that is looking pretty close to our starting 17, best 17 ?

It really is short of some first grade class front row depth, also backrow for that matter if bails or gallen or williams are hurt at all.

I'd love marshall chalk in there as a backline replacement, with him and mellor we'd have nice depth accross the backline with the young blokes able to be blooded game for game when needed on the wings.

Well at this stage it is because we don't seem to have anyone lined up yet.

I am not sure about The Assassin. Can he handle wing with his legs so chronic? I don't think he'll go around again.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
menai_dogs said:
which brother are we getting (macdougall)

:lol:

That is the first ever Sharks team. With 4 names plucked from the reserve grade team to make up a bench.

The Macdougall is Garry. No relation.

Alan Shore

First Grade
This is the team we NEED to win next year, but whether we get it is another matter.

Peachey
Merritt
Vagana
Berrigan (otherwise Chalk)
Simmons
Dykes
Kimmorley
Hilder
Gallen
Bailey
Nutley
Kingston
J.King

Maiava
Williams
Leuluai
Sullivan

carcharias

Immortal
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
:lol:

That is the first ever Sharks team. With 4 names plucked from the reserve grade team to make up a bench.

The Macdougall is Garry. No relation.

The fact that no other player co-incides with todays team was a bit lost on old Menia scoop as well.

Porter ha ha ha ha ha ha .

menai_dogs

Juniors
mr_sharks said:
I pretty much agree.

I think Vagana and Kimmorely will be our best and most important signings for the decade....but only if they deliver a premiership.

Must hang on to Merritt. I don't care if we lost Galloway. I've only seen him run hard once in all the years he has been at the club.

what about dykes. i dont understand why knowbody recognises his talents. ill take a stab in the dark and say "if we make the top eight, we will rely on dykes more than kimmorley"

dont get me wrong, kimmorley is a top player and deserves all the credit. but the bottom line is, dykes has been able to produce better results than kimmorley has lately, and it has been during their important games that he rises too.

kimmorley's gonna need to step up a bit and take control of games more. if he gets his game back, which i dont doubt at all, then it will be up to the other teams to stop us this year...

its a shame to see sully leave, im sure we'll miss him...

menai_dogs

Juniors
carcharias said:
Who doesn't recognise his talents?

im sure he is recognised. i just wanted to mention it because mr_sharks noted that kimmorley and vagana will be our top players next year...

which they are, but i give dykes a wrap, because i think he's the one thats turned the team around this year.. correct me if im wrong...