What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold!

slotmachine

First Grade
Vote isn't binding. Feeling I got from wests CEO is that they would probably still go ahead with a narrow win to the no vote.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Any idea on what percentage of yes votes are required?

Non-binding, so they could go through with it even if Yes only gets 40% of the vote.

I think this is more about marketing than an actual opinion poll, giving a sencse of community ownership to the take-over.

Reports midley will resign when wests take over.

Assume that will be November 1 post transition.

He has really grown into the job, he has impressed me since Brown came in (though it might have just been that others were making the decisions), but i think it is time for change...

It might be good to have Midley hang around as COO or something, but he might not appreciate the demotion.

Anyway, i always find it hard to praise or critisise a CEO. All of their successes and failures happen where no one sees, they usually take the most credit/flake for the things they arent actually in control of (on-field performance, etc.)

The main reason i dont like having him in the job is because i is one of the club's legends; it is impossible for him to be judged purely on his performance in this job, he will always be stuck in the middle of the "he is only there because he's one of the Old Boys" and "he is perfect because he just GETS the club" debate...

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Wasn't wests going to create a board on the knights side? I heard they had already approached chief, matty johns and bedsy to be on this board. Maybe there is room for mids too, not sure how big the board will be or how many ex players they want on it though.

But I dare say wests want someone who is more of a proven businessman to run the club and its finances. Makes sense to have business folk running that side of the club and footy folk running the footy side of things.

Still Nutty

Juniors
A shame if he is here to run the joint through terrible times, and not here to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

In light of the fact that Matt has had to negotiate the role of a CEO under the ownership of the NRL, through a Board that has included McGuigan (although it has had some talent in Quayle, Phil Gardner for Wests, Eileen Doyle, etc.) and manage the era of Tinkler, Bennett and Hagan, I think he has also got us to a position where we now have Brown, Mooney, our ownership all but sorted with Wests, a decent playing roster starting to take shape for the future.

He can't be credited or held to account against all of this....but what I do believe is that he has served his apprenticeship with us, he is now got himself fully qualified with his master craftsman certificate and we would be weaker if we lose what we have invested in so heavily because he has now developed into a very good CEO IMHO.

I do believe that, if we do lose him, it will definitely be some other clubs gain.

Scar Tissue

Juniors
Cant believe the comments on Gidley, he presided over the most ridiculously irresponsible spending our club has gone through, so thats ok "its not his fault". So now that Mooney & Brown have come in & righted the ship he's suddenly the mastermind behind it all! Both scenarios show he's just a yes man to anything, except now he's a yes man to smart people not spending monopoly money & bugger the consequences. The buck stops with him, he signs the cheques & has since he started in the job, the only cleverness he has shown is to sidestep the blame, it was all on Hagan & Co. A clean slate is needed, imagine Mooney & Brown working with a real smart operator with real business acumen & runs on the board, that would really set us up for a terrific future. P.S it's not the right forum but I'm hoping Chanel No 5 is never selected again, is a clueless impostor!

perverse

Referee
I'll trust Wests judgement one way or another regarding Gids. Who knows who has made what decisions since Tinkler took over...

Pedge1971

First Grade
We should know the result tomorrow right? Anyone else feel a bit weird with so much good news and positivity about our club at the moment?

macavity

Referee
1c3etp.jpg

Pedge1971

First Grade
Bloody brilliant! Like what Gardner said. Wests business acumen will control the $$ and business side & they will put football people on the football club board.

Latest posts