What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soliman still chasing Mundine

Mong

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
my mistake brother mong

i misread you sarcasm as if you were inferring winky was the bum?

That's ok, no one ever said you were smart...

We shouldn't refer to boxers as bums in any case joking or not. It's a hard hard sport and maximum respect should be given to those with balls to step in the ring and get into it...

spider

Coach
Mong said:
an extra degree would be required to filter your posts i agree

We shouldn't refer to boxers as bums in any case joking or not. It's a hard hard sport and maximum respect should be given to those with balls to step in the ring and get into it...
i agree to a point - lol

the guy hoppa fought - what did you think if him?

Mong

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
i agree to a point - lol

the guy hoppa fought - what did you think if him?

He shouldn't really fight professionally should he.. That was pretty obvious...

spider

Coach
one day there will be a serious injury to a fighter - or a jelly bean that decides he will give it a go

of course im referring to the guys with no previous boxing skill/ability - such as hoppa

haumono v 'the bum poker' would be interesting

Mong

Post Whore
sydraider said:
Just a quick question Mong, How many times has the man been o/s for a fight?

How many times do you expect him to now after this clinical victory?

Who knows what he is going to do. He has the $$ to bring people out here which is all the better for us, so i'd be happy if he could lure some of the big names out here to fight like he did with Kessler.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Mong said:
Who knows what he is going to do. He has the $$ to bring people out here which is all the better for us, so i'd be happy if he could lure some of the big names out here to fight like he did with Kessler.
Yeah, I can't fully blame Mundine for having his fights here. The money does not appear to be out there overseas. Mundine is not even a proper title holder yet his fights generate between 5 and 10 mil. Not too many fighters can generate that kind of $$.

sydraider

First Grade
Pensacola Q.C said:
Yeah, I can't fully blame Mundine for having his fights here. The money does not appear to be out there overseas. Mundine is not even a proper title holder yet his fights generate between 5 and 10 mil. Not too many fighters can generate that kind of $$.

I agree to an extent.

Thing is though, that if mundine wants to fight and beat those of world class, like he claims, he will have to take a pay cut. His name does not bear much response overseas.

If he takes a big name fight o/s and wins, it would do a lot more money wise for him than just taking on australias best opposition.

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:

:lol: Lets see how much balls Mundine has with the oppurtunities that might present themselves to him.

I would love to see a 3am in manchester gig against calzaghe.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
sydraider said:
:lol: Lets see how much balls Mundine has with the oppurtunities that might present themselves to him.

I would love to see a 3am in manchester gig against calzaghe.
Me too. Calzaghe would spank him around the ring no doubt...but Mundine would probably be more of a challenge than Jeff Lacy. Calzaghe should really be fighting Kessler though. Thing is, if Mundine wants to be called p4p by anyone besides himself he will have to start taking the kind of pay cuts you're talking about or risk these next 3 or 4 years of his prime doing nothing and going down as a good domestic fighter who achieved moderate international success. It sounds stupid when he says beating Soliman makes him p4p. Soliman is a top ten middleweight who moved up, that's it.

sydraider

First Grade
Pensacola Q.C said:
Me too. Calzaghe would spank him around the ring no doubt...but Mundine would probably be more of a challenge than Jeff Lacy. Calzaghe should really be fighting Kessler though. Thing is, if Mundine wants to be called p4p by anyone besides himself he will have to start taking the kind of pay cuts you're talking about or risk these next 3 or 4 years of his prime doing nothing and going down as a good domestic fighter who achieved moderate international success. It sounds stupid when he says beating Soliman makes him p4p. Soliman is a top ten middleweight who moved up, that's it.

3am in manchester can do funny things to a fighter, lets not forget Kostya v Hatton, if you think kostya was at his best during that fight, then you need to consult your dealer.
Jeff Lacy was another one who fell victim to the manchester curse, 3am to be exact, he was half the fighter he normally is when he fought calzaghe.

This However should be no problem for the "Black Superman" The Ultimate Athlete.

I think a 3am fight at the MAN arena against calzaghe would be fitting of the "Black Supermans" talents, pity it will never happen.

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:
Lol..

Still bitter about the Soliman result i see SR..

Funny stuff :)

Nope not bitter Mong, Just asking questions.

You still have all the answers I see........

Mong

Post Whore
sydraider said:
Nope not bitter Mong, Just asking questions.

You still have all the answers I see........

Not Bitter?? Your posts suggest otherwise..

What questions did you ask?? Your last 3 posts contain no questions..

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:
Not Bitter?? Your posts suggest otherwise..

What questions did you ask?? Your last 3 posts contain no questions..

Just wanted to check you actually read them, you normally dont.

If im bitter then according to you then so be it, you can sleep tonight.

I was putting fourth a scenario which I would like to see Mundine take on.

Time will tell whether he does or not.

So bitter I tells ya!

Mong

Post Whore
sydraider said:
Just wanted to check you actually read them, you normally dont.

Lol.. Sure SR

I was putting fourth a scenario which I would like to see Mundine take on.

Time will tell whether he does or not.

Is this going to be another "he has to beat _ _ _ _ _ before he has proven himself" argument?

You guys usually pull out another one after he beats the previous *insert name here* person...

So bitter I tells ya!

Agreed..

spider

Coach
i have a question mong - as a mundine fan you will know

in the 2 times he has won the title - can you name either of the, at the time, 'current world champions' he defeated to take the belt from them?

Mong

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
i have a question mong - as a mundine fan you will know

in the 2 times he has won the title - can you name either of the, at the time, 'current world champions' he defeated to take the belt from them?

:lol:

He has fought for the vacant belt both times...

What's your point?..