What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soliman still chasing Mundine

El Diablo

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
i have a question mong - as a mundine fan you will know

in the 2 times he has won the title - can you name either of the, at the time, 'current world champions' he defeated to take the belt from them?

both times he won this bogus belt the WBA had a super champ. first time it was Ottke who had the WBA and IBF belts and now Kessler has the WBA and WBC belts.

Mundine has never held a legit world title

spider

Coach
El Diablo said:
both times he won this bogus belt the WBA had a super champ. first time it was Ottke who had the WBA and IBF belts and now Kessler has the WBA and WBC belts.

Mundine has never held a legit world title

thank you El

it seems to be coming back to me now mong......

maybe we should be holding off on the 'hailing' for the moment

at least until superman de-thrones the superchamp - you never know, 2nd time lucky

Mong

Post Whore
SpiderShark said:
thank you El

it seems to be coming back to me now mong......

maybe we should be holding off on the 'hailing' for the moment

at least until superman de-thrones the superchamp - you never know, 2nd time lucky

I agree the super champ idea is ridiculous..

It matters not what he achieves you lot will always find something to say he has to do to prove he has what it takes..

It's just the way it is when it comes to this topic...

spider

Coach
Mong said:
I agree the super champ idea is ridiculous..
yeah

It matters not what he achieves
when it comes to being 'superman' it does

you lot will always find something to say he has to do to prove he has what it takes..
not at all - he just has not defeated a world champion to win the belt, as yet

It's just the way it is when it comes to this topic...
ditto

aqua_duck

Coach
In the end all mundine is the number 1 contender for the wba supermiddleweight title, which in the scheme of things is not much considering he considers himself p4p one of the best

El Diablo

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:
In the end all mundine is the number 1 contender for the wba supermiddleweight title, which in the scheme of things is not much considering he considers himself p4p one of the best

Correct. He is Kessler's mandatory.

When the WBA created this super champion bullsh*t they extended the period from 12 to 18 months before the 'super' champion has to fight his mandatory. In a way it makes sense as he usually has another mandatory he has to fight in the same 12 month period with his other belt/s.

the WBA would now make a lot more in sanctioning fees having two champions in the one division.

edit: here's a link actually http://www.wbaonline.com/wchampionships/SuperChampionship.htm

Latest posts