What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soliman still chasing Mundine

Godz Illa

Coach
For me, it's not about Choc being an ex-Dragon, and I think I've been over this before. It's been well-known that he's involved with Souths as an Indigenous Liaison Officer, and good on him. His Saints days are behind him.

Interesting to note though that Mundine was on Triple J this morning, and joked that Russell Crowe was mad at him for his tongue-in-cheek 'come back to St George' quote the other night.

carcharias

Immortal
Godz Illa said:
For me, it's not about Choc being an ex-Dragon, and I think I've been over this before. It's been well-known that he's involved with Souths as an Indigenous Liaison Officer, and good on him. His Saints days are behind him.

Interesting to note though that Mundine was on Triple J this morning, and joked that Russell Crowe was mad at him for his tongue-in-cheek 'come back to St George' quote the other night.

You seem to know a bit about this bloke.

Where was his mum born?
what is her story?
Is she aboriginal?

carcharias said:
:shock:

What would the Dragon supporters think.

anthonymundine_wideweb__470x341,0.jpg

No problem with it at all. Similar thoughts as Godz for me. He's a leader in the aboriginal community and has already played in some muck-around games for Souths at fan days & similar, which is good for the Redfern area.

Methinks it wont be the last high-profile identity that Uncle Russ gets to don the Coachwood & Myrtle in public for.

carcharias

Immortal
Godz Illa said:
She is aboriginal. From what I've read her mother was one of the stolen generation.

I have seen her at fights on the tele but she doesn't seem to get much of a mention.
I would like to hear her story .

Godz Illa

Coach
I think Mundine is quite protective of his family and prefers to shield them from the spotlight as much as possible. The exception being his old man of course who was already well known. But his kids are rarely ever seen and his wife is virtually invisible - close observers of Mundine's career (eg myself) didn't even know she existed until only a couple of years ago. It's the logical thing to do really - ensures whatever media mess he creates bites back at him alone and not his loved ones.

carcharias

Immortal
makes sense.

Sad part is I get the feeling he will be rembered more for his outspoken comments than his sporting feats.

Mong

Post Whore
Godz Illa said:
She is aboriginal. From what I've read her mother was one of the stolen generation.

Isn’t his mum white and it’s his grandmother who was part of the stolen generation?

He does some development for Souths now doesn’t he? He showed the other night where his heart still is when it comes to league

Godz Illa said:
I think Mundine is quite protective of his family and prefers to shield them from the spotlight as much as possible. The exception being his old man of course who was already well known. But his kids are rarely ever seen and his wife is virtually invisible - close observers of Mundine's career (eg myself) didn't even know she existed until only a couple of years ago. It's the logical thing to do really - ensures whatever media mess he creates bites back at him alone and not his loved ones.

Definitely. He has a great relationship with the media, he gives them what they need - headlines, and they give him what he demands, respect for his privacy. Not often a celebrity with a controversial profile is considered this way en-masse by the media. He's a lot smarter than some people give him credit for.

Godz Illa

Coach
Mong said:
Isn’t his mum white and it’s his grandmother who was part of the stolen generation?
I did say HER mother, as in Choc's mum's mum. So she, ie Choc's mum, is at least half aboriginal.

Mong

Post Whore
Godz Illa said:
I did say HER mother, as in Choc's mum's mum. So she, ie Choc's mum, is at least half aboriginal.

Yes you did, my mistake i didn't read it properly.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I don't mind seeing Choc in the Souths shirt. If he's going to be working with the Aboriginal community in Redfern under the tutelige of the Rabbitohs, I can't see why he shouldn't wear their gear.

It's not as if he hasn't taken much stick from imbeciles at Saints since 2000 anyway.

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:
Bwahahahahahahaha

Bitter as ever SR.. What happened to all the fun you were going to have in here after it was all over because Sam is a "bloody good fighter" ?

Had a quick scan through the papers and peoples comments for a laugh, from the bitter haters like yourself SR it has ranged from calling sam a local hack and a nobody to people going on abouut Mundine being a dispicable human being..

The haters are a funny bunch, makes me laugh..

All hail the black superman !!

Disappointed yes, bitter no. Mundine was needless to say, awesome on the night, easily his best fight ever.

As for all the fun Im going to have in here, well it will have to wait for another day.

Just a quick question Mong, How many times has the man been o/s for a fight?

How many times do you expect him to now after this clinical victory?

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:
Bwahahahahahahaha

Bitter as ever SR.. What happened to all the fun you were going to have in here after it was all over because Sam is a "bloody good fighter" ?

Had a quick scan through the papers and peoples comments for a laugh, from the bitter haters like yourself SR it has ranged from calling sam a local hack and a nobody to people going on abouut Mundine being a dispicable human being..

The haters are a funny bunch, makes me laugh..

All hail the black superman !!

As for your tag of " Bitter Haters" I will admit, I dont like him, I didnt like him when he was playing league, I didnt like him after I met him and I told him he was kidding himself.

Please however, show me what I have said to label me a "Bitter Hater"

If not rating someone as world class is Bitter Hate, then I think someone is a little over sensitive ;-)

aqua_duck

Coach
Mundine is a much improved fighter but he still hasn't proven himself to be what he thinks he is. Soliman is a good fighter, solid bu ardly what you'd term world class on an international level and Mundine has won nothing more than a plastic belt twice. How can he call himself a 'world champion'?

spider

Coach
sydraider said:
As for your tag of " Bitter Haters" I will admit, I dont like him, I didnt like him when he was playing league, I didnt like him after I met him and I told him he was kidding himself.

Please however, show me what I have said to label me a "Bitter Hater"

If not rating someone as world class is Bitter Hate, then I think someone is a little over sensitive ;-)

thats what your labelled if your opinion of him is not favourable

its hard to defend the 'morals' of this twit, so a personal lash at being bitter is deemed a good retort in his honour

mundine has to talk himself up - its the only time he hears anything good about himself

Mong

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:
Soliman is a good fighter, solid bu ardly what you'd term world class on an international level

Yeah he was pretty sh*te against Winky Wright wasn't he...

aqua_duck

Coach
Mong said:
Yeah he was pretty sh*te against Winky Wright wasn't he...
he lost a unanimous decision to Winky, so whats your point? I mean I saw that fight nearly 18 months ago and sure Soliman pushed winky but that fight meat aot more to sam than it did for winky wright who had his mind set for jermain taylor at the time and just did what he had to do that night. Going thedistance against Winky Wright doesn't mak him world class in the scheme of things.

Mong

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:
he lost a unanimous decision to Winky, so whats your point? I mean I saw that fight nearly 18 months ago and sure Soliman pushed winky but that fight meat aot more to sam than it did for winky wright who had his mind set for jermain taylor at the time and just did what he had to do that night. Going thedistance against Winky Wright doesn't mak him world class in the scheme of things.

Nah your right.. He's a bum...