What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soliman still chasing Mundine

HevyDevy

Coach
sydraider said:
Mong said:
If you remember correctly, soliman was a substitute for that fight against mundine, grossly underprepared he was, yet still took him the distance and won, remember the crowds reaction at the decision?

Yes Mundine has improved since then, yet still does not hold a belt, still hasnt beaten anyone with any true credentials.

Build a bridge? I will when he beats the likes of Kessler, Calzaghe or Lacy.

Classic example, Mundne knocks out a no name argentinian, revels in all his glory pfft.

Soliman is kicking his super middle campaign against a mexican with a 25-2 record.

Mundine is a smart man, I commend him for that but until Mundine beats quality opposition in this division, I wont rate him or give him his dues, therefore that bridge wont be built until he does so. You dont like that Mong then tough, ha ha, revel in his victory over danny green.

Cmon Skeepe, Fenech used to constantly taunt Mundine with crap like "Why don't you show you're a man and take on my fighters".

Then when Mundine systematically destroyed each of them, the critics would come out and accuse him of not fighting anyone decent.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Collateral

Coach
Mundine is the Man. Only him and Kessler are brave enough to fight other good fighters.

Beyer = cat
Calzaghe = cat

Mong

Post Whore
HevyDevy said:
sydraider said:
Cmon Skeepe, Fenech used to constantly taunt Mundine with crap like "Why don't you show you're a man and take on my fighters".

Then when Mundine systematically destroyed each of them, the critics would come out and accuse him of not fighting anyone decent.

yep first it was mcloud, if you don't fight him you haven't proven yourself.
Then Thornbery
Then Echolls
Then Green
Now Soliman..

it will never end...

Mong

Post Whore
Solimon won his fight just..

Scores - Majority Decison 95-95 95-94 95-94 Sam Solimon

Got knocked down early but sounded as though he fought back pretty well..

Still the guy he fought is ranked in the 20's in the middleweight division... If Solimon really expects to beat the likes of Mundine at Super Middle he will need to step it up a bit.

sydraider

First Grade
Mong why are you posting a quote that isnt mine?

Originally Posted by sydraider

I did not write this.

However you wrote this....

Then Thornbery
Then Echolls
Then Green
Now Soliman..

it will never end...

Now lets get a few things straight.

Thornberry went the distance with calzaghe, retired for three and a half years then fought mundine, worthy opposition.

Mcloud was a nobody to begin with who fortunately for him got a chance with fenech.

Antwun echolls was way passed used by date when the man took him on, his famous fight with hopkins was like years before he took on mundine.

Now lets talk about Siaca and Kessler, both credible fighters and both beat THE MAN, now come back and tell me about a fighter with a heartbeat that mundine has beaten and you think he will beat soliman, you're dreaming.

P.S Soliman hasnt dodged quality opposition such as winky wright, considered pound for pound one of the best, Soliman went the distance.
Jermain taylor would rather fight an ex-contender over Soliman, hence his move to super middle.

You tell me to build a bridge? Are we watching the same profession?

Mong

Post Whore
sydraider said:
Mong why are you posting a quote that isnt mine?

Originally Posted by sydraider

I did not write this.

However you wrote this....

Then Thornbery
Then Echolls
Then Green
Now Soliman..

it will never end...

If you look at the top of the post in question you will see it says "quote Hevy Devy", it's just not included in the actual quote..

Thornberry went the distance with calzaghe, retired for three and a half years then fought mundine, worthy opposition.

Yes..

Mcloud was a nobody to begin with who fortunately for him got a chance with fenech.

Yes.

Antwun echolls was way passed used by date when the man took him on,

See, the thing with all of that is that before Choc fought them they were all certainties to win, they were boxers like no other Choc had fought previously so to prove himself he had to beat them..

Of course he did so they are automatically classed as sh*te.. That's my point when i say it happens over and over. We have all been hearing it from day 1. However that's not particularly a bad thing, it brings a lot of publicity to the sport and some can get rich of riding his coat tails.. Ask Greenie about that one

Now lets talk about Siaca and Kessler, both credible fighters and both beat THE MAN, now come back and tell me about a fighter with a heartbeat

Imagine my surprise.. The ones that do beat him you don't put in the utter crap department...

P.S Soliman hasnt dodged quality opposition such as winky wright, considered pound for pound one of the best, Soliman went the distance.
Jermain taylor would rather fight an ex-contender over Soliman, hence his move to super middle.

Ummm, yes, that's all common knowlege.. I have not said he would duck anyone, not sure what your getting at there.

You tell me to build a bridge? Are we watching the same profession?

yes, but bitterness clearly clouds your vision..

sydraider

First Grade
:lol: Not bitterness at all mong, I just see things differently, its ok.

Ill let Mundines results do any further talking for me ;-)

andrew057

First Grade
Sorry only just caught this thread.

Agree with Mong on most points.

Id like to see him fight either Lacy or Solimon, both are great fights for difference reasons. I really doubt whether Lacy will be ready for a fight against Anthony yet, have to see how he performs in his upcoming fight.

For the record I had Anthony winning the first fight with Solimon, but Ive got no problem with someone scoring it for Sam, but it definitely wasnt a robbery.

Sad thing for Sam is he has little to no bargaining power with Anthony for a potential match-up, and if the fight happens with probably get a much much smaller cut of the pie.

Also, Greens world title challenge isnt on anymore, which is unfortunate because he would knocked Branco out.

Mong

Post Whore
andrew057 said:
Id like to see him fight either Lacy or Solimon, both are great fights for difference reasons. I really doubt whether Lacy will be ready for a fight against Anthony yet, have to see how he performs in his upcoming fight

I want to see him go and fight Americans in America.

Also, Greens world title challenge isnt on anymore, which is unfortunate because he would knocked Branco out.

What happened? Thats a shame for him. Is it possible for a future reschedule do you know?

andrew057

First Grade
Mong said:
What happened? Thats a shame for him. Is it possible for a future reschedule do you know?

Deal fell through a few weeks back, can only speculate to why. Greens team are hoping for further negotiations, but dont know how successful theyll be.

Also for those who dont know, Solimon fought last week against a pretty unknown fighter Ornelas and was down in the 4th round and losing the fight, Solimon took control after that and ended up winning a majoirty decision.

Mong

Post Whore
andrew057 said:
Deal fell through a few weeks back, can only speculate to why. Greens team are hoping for further negotiations, but dont know how successful theyll be.

Where to for Green now then? A fight with Briggs perhaps??

Also for those who dont know, Solimon fought last week against a pretty unknown fighter Ornelas and was down in the 4th round and losing the fight, Solimon took control after that and ended up winning a majoirty decision.

Yeah, i made a point of mentioning this earlier. He will need to step his performence up a bit to take on the better SM weights.

soliman would have no chance against mundine now since chock has got plenty more experiance now and would make soliman look like one of those blowup punching tubes.
soliman is a dreamer if he thinks hell even get close. Look what he did too Green he made him look silly and greens 10 times a better boxer than soliman

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
The Way I See It said:
soliman would have no chance against mundine now since chock has got plenty more experiance now and would make soliman look like one of those blowup punching tubes.
soliman is a dreamer if he thinks hell even get close. Look what he did too Green he made him look silly and greens 10 times a better boxer than soliman
You gotta be kidding right? Maybe you don't know much about boxing but Soliman just pushed a guy by the name of Winky Wright (you might want to research that guy - he's dismantled a couple of future hall of famers) to a very tough close decision win. Soliman had not lost in about 12 fights in a row before losing to Winky, that last loss, incidentally, to Mundine - another even closer decision that coulda gone either way.

Believe me if Mundine fights Soliman he might win or he might lose, but he definately will not win easy. Soliman will be a tougher task than Danny Green was.

andrew057

First Grade
If Mundine and Sol have a rematch, theres little doubt in my mind that Choc does it quite a bit easier then he did the first time. Solimon in general is the same fighter, and hasnt exactly improved alot from the first fight, but with Anthony the improvements have been astonishing. But yeah I agree with you PQC that it will be a tougher fight than Green. Nobody has an easy time with Sam.

sydraider

First Grade
Something I have noticed about Mundine fans is arrogance, yes total arrogance, you guys seriously think this bloke is untouchable.
When someone like myself points out his faults and shortcomings, I am labelled "Bitter".
Well thats all well and good but now I label all you mundine fans "Arrogant" as the man himself.

Bite me if you dont like it and tell me to shove it when he wins a title!

So ner :lol:

Mong

Post Whore
sydraider said:
Something I have noticed about Mundine fans is arrogance, yes total arrogance, you guys seriously think this bloke is untouchable.
When someone like myself points out his faults and shortcomings, I am labelled "Bitter".
Well thats all well and good but now I label all you mundine fans "Arrogant" as the man himself.

Geeze you stewed on that for a while didn't you..

Trait of a bitter person :lol:

Stop regurgitating the same old dribble that the likes of keiza have written in the media and you may be taken seriously...

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Soliman-eyes-rematch-with-Mundine/2006/11/28/1164476199635.html

Soliman eyes re-match with Mundine
November 28, 2006 - 7:14PM

Sam Soliman's anticipated re-match with Anthony Mundine could have some extra spice with the WBA set to announce this week it will sanction the fight for its vacant world super middleweight boxing title.

Negotiations between the two Australians' camps for a fight next year are already under way with a match-up expected in Melbourne in February or March.

The two camps are waiting for confirmation that the super middleweight title will definitely be on the line.

The standard WBA title fell vacant after previous incumbent Mikkel Kessler of Denmark was elevated to the status of Super champion after he also won the WBC title from Germany's Markus Beyer earlier this year.

Both Soliman's manager Stuart Duncan and his Team Mundine counterpart Khoder Nasser have already contacted WBA executive director Gilberto Mendoza about sanctioning the all-Australian world title bout.

Duncan said he expected to hear something from the WBA this week.

Mundine, a former WBA super middleweight champion, scored a contentious split points win over Soliman in their first fight for the IBF Pan Pacific super middleweight title in Wollongong five years ago.

Soliman subsequently moved down to middleweight, but after tiring of waiting for a world title shot recently returned to super middleweight.

"Sam has two goals in boxing, one is to get a rematch with Mundine and the other is to become champion of the world," Duncan said.

Soliman's unconventional style has attracted a famous admirer in actor Sylvester Stallone who has reportedly referred to the Melbourne fighter while promoting his new Rocky movie.

Duncan said Stallone had wanted Soliman to appear in the first series of The Contender, the reality TV boxing show.

However, Soliman was more concerned with advancing his world title aspirations at the time.

"In the lead up to his new Rocky movie, he quoted Sam as being one of his favourite boxers in the world and the best boxer in Australia and he wanted Sam in The Contender badly," Duncan said.

He revealed Soliman had entered his super middleweight fight with Mexican Enrique Ornelas a fortnight ago with a calf muscle he injured while skipping on the morning of the bout.

"He (Soliman) had one of those sweatsuit swimming things with ice packed into it on his calf until he was being led out to the ring. That was the reason why Sam struggled a little bit in the opening rounds," Duncan said.

Soliman earned a ten round majority points win, which gave him his 21st victory in 22 fights since his defeat by Mundine.

i hate the WBA and this super champion bullsh*t.

andrew057

First Grade
sydraider said:

Was that directed at me?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so what this effectively means is that Kessell is the champion and these two are fighting for second spot

but they get to wear a belt

Latest posts