What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soliman still chasing Mundine

Looking forward to this fight. I read that Soliman has won 21 of 22 fights since the first mundine clash (the loss being to winky wright, somewhat controversially). Mundine has also improved in leaps and bounds since their first encounter.

I reckon Soliman will test Mundine much more than Danny Green did and ever will. But Mundine to win, on points.

Also on the undercard are Hoppa, Solomon Haumono & Les Mason. Will be a bit of a circus sideshow but still interesting to see how these guys go.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the replay of their first fight the other day and I gotta say I think Mundine is alot better fighter now than he was back then.

I think Mundine can win.

Mong

Post Whore
Bring back John Fifita said:
Looking forward to this fight. I read that Soliman has won 21 of 22 fights since the first mundine clash (the loss being to winky wright, somewhat controversially).

Seems to be a trend doesn't it.. Soliman lost controversially..

Once again in the fight against Winky Soliman threw nearly twice as many punches but it doesn't matter if they don't land. That decision wasn't controversial either.

Was just more whinging from the Soliman camp...

Mong said:
Seems to be a trend doesn't it.. Soliman lost controversially..

Once again in the fight against Winky Soliman threw nearly twice as many punches but it doesn't matter if they don't land. That decision wasn't controversial either.

Was just more whinging from the Soliman camp...

Whenever a sporting contest is judged, ie not won or lost on the scoreboard there will always be an opportunity for conjecture. I dont like it when the winner comes down to a matter of opinion.

As far as my opinion, the first Mundine clash was very contentious. The Winky wright fight not so much, but it was close. I said "somewhat" because a few people had that view.

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:
Lol..

Once again, throwing more punches then your opposition doesn't mean you win the fight..

Watch one of these numerous "Floggings" you speak of and count the punches that actually land..

The ref's were spot on...

:lol: Do you ever actually read what I write, I said "the fight which fox have been flogging all weekend"

I know what you want it to mean but in reality it is my way of saying, they were showing a replay of the 2001 fight on foxtel over and over.

Mong

Post Whore
sydraider said:
:lol: Do you ever actually read what I write, I said "the fight which fox have been flogging all weekend"

I know what you want it to mean but in reality it is my way of saying, they were showing a replay of the 2001 fight on foxtel over and over.

Yes that's what i was saying. I wasn't saying you said he flogged Mundine cause that would be sillier then your actual argument already is..

Sorry you wasted a :lol:

shiznit

Coach
Mundine will make soloman look as stupid and overrated as danny 'the overrated broken down piece of sh*t machine' green.

im becoming a real fan of the man. i never used to be. ive always liked him out of the ring. his attitude is great... i think he is finally ready to go up against the likes of Calzaghe or Kessler.

carcharias

Immortal
Twizzle said:
I watched the replay of their first fight the other day and I gotta say I think Mundine is alot better fighter now than he was back then.

I think Mundine can win.
"
yep Iwatched it yesterday.

I fuggen can't stand Mundine when he starts talking.

However...I can only see one outcome in this fight...and that is an easy victory to the man.
I'd even go so far as to say a KO to the Man in under 6.

Mong

Post Whore
FIGHT # 1
Wayne Parker Jnr vs Serge Yannick Mvoue
SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT 4 RNDS

FIGHT # 2
Peter Kazzi vs Paz Viejo
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT 4 x 3 RNDS

FIGHT # 3
Daniel Baff vs Sefanaia Vakacegu
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT 4 x 3 RNDS

FIGHT # 4
Jamie Withers vs Justin Clements
CRUISERWEIGHT 6 x 3 RNDS

FIGHT # 5
Les Mason vs John Justice
HEAVYWEIGHT 4 RNDS

FIGHT # 6
John Hopoate vs Richard Tutaki
HEAVYWEIGHT 4 RNDS

FIGHT # 7
Solomon Haumono vs Fatu Tui Tuimanono
HEAVYWEIGHT 4 RNDS

FIGHT # 8
Shane Cameron vs Bob Mirovic
WBA Pan African Heavyweight Title
12 x 3 Minute Rounds

FIGHT # 9
Anthony Mundine vs Sam Soliman
Vacant WBA Super Middleweight Title
12 x 3 Minute Rounds

Mong

Post Whore
Withers V Clements should be a good fight.

Big Bob is always entertaining for a little while..

sydraider

First Grade
Anyone else with a fox subscription get a cold call today?

I was reminded that the fight was on tonight and asked if I wanted to order it :lol:

Must not be selling too well in homes either.

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:
Yes that's what i was saying. I wasn't saying you said he flogged Mundine cause that would be sillier then your actual argument already is..

Sorry you wasted a :lol:

Do the words " Watch one of these numerous "Floggings" you speak of and count the punches that actually land..

The ref's were spot on..." mean anything to you Mong?

The :lol: Still stands :lol:

go to www.sen.com.au

they are doing commentary as close as you can get to blow by blow without breaking copyright/broadcast laws

they wanted to do a live broadcast from ringside but the fee they had to pay was outrageous...so they just push the boundaries

Latest posts